The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Introductions: The Original Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-12-2009, 01:29 AM)Penguin Deus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I've been browsing the boards and it really has been bringing back a lot of memories for me. Especially the photo thread I saw. Also, the general attitude and posting style of the folks here is very reminiscent of the older US AC boards. Very friendly and familiar, with an understanding of how to be both silly and serious in the posts.

I'm actually semi-considering getting a psp just for that. I think I'll wait for more info on it to be sure...but from what I've seen so far it's looking great. I think for now I'm gonna just try to make a PACT compliant AC for LR. I think it'll be fun to see what I can produce under a different set of rules...and it's cheaper for me, haha.

You're probably getting that vibe because most of our active members were formerly very active in the major English AC sites such as ACO, ACG, and RH.

It'll be really interesting to see what you'd enter in a PACT! Do post in the designs forum. Big grin And in case you didn't see it yet, you might want to check out the rules we used for PACT III and try designing under those parameters. Tongue
Welcome to our little corner of the net, Penguin Deus! Seems like you'll be having quite the time here.
(05-12-2009, 10:15 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]You're probably getting that vibe because most of our active members were formerly very active in the major English AC sites such as ACO, ACG, and RH.

It'll be really interesting to see what you'd enter in a PACT! Do post in the designs forum. Big grin And in case you didn't see it yet, you might want to check out the rules we used for PACT III and try designing under those parameters. Tongue

PACT III? Wasn't there a PACT IV? Or is it that the rules are just the same anyways?

Yeah I already told myself to set time aside to try it out this week. I think it'd be fun to see what I can make, and besides if I ever vacation to the Philippines I'll have a tourney legal bot to use! haha. I haven't really played LR in a long time, but that never stops diehards like us. Smile

I still haven't been able to look at all the bots from PACTIV...I was like half way thru or so before I had to stop this weekend.
IIRC, we only had minor revisions from PACTIII to PACTIV. I think it had to do with allowing TP/PEGASUS with weapon arms and/or hovers. And PACT-compliant ACs don't end with one AC. A thrill with the current PACT regulation is the two (three?) ACs you bring along, which use almost entirely different parts and leg-types. Big grin
Welcome Penguin Deus Gentleman
PACT III had super strict regulations hahah. PACT IV used toned-down PACT III rules. Big grin
Okay...I'm gonna try out making bots for PACT3. Forgive me if they come out sucky at first. I don't really get all the rules yet and I'm trying to remember things on the fly. So it's that one link, right? 3 robots, no repeating parts, PACT regulations for LR ban list.

Really sorry for spamming this thread like this. Once I have a rough draft of a bot or two I'll make a thread in the design section for discussion.
This whole board's pretty much for spamming anyway. LOL It's not like we have enough active members to put a dent on our bandwidth limit.

Yeah you got it down pretty much. 3 ACs of differing leg-types with no repeating parts except optionals. And all bans still apply.

We did that to sorta force out more unique designs. Compromising for your booster-generator-radiator combo will be a pain too. LOL
However, although our banned part list is kinda complicated, it actually loosens up some common rules - making exceptions to the usual regulations (like, HPs can't be be hangared, but they can be used as primaries - contrary to the total banning of the weapon in some tourneys).
Hello all,

I was searching for a long time of a site meant for AC Pinoy fanatics like myself. Good thing a friend of mine told me about this site. I am from Malolos City, Bulacan and my friends are planning to make this small crew of AC players here as soon as we grab ouselves a BluRay of the latest AC series.

Last AC game I played was Nexus. Just before I got tired of Nexus eh nakabili na ako ng PS3 so, I am now saving up for AC4 and For Answer.

Hopefully soon I can buy it and practice for a fun game with you guys.

Thanks!
Don't give up on PS2 AC games! But if you fancy AC4 then that's fine as well. Have your other AC-playing friends join here too!
Sure, I'll inform them about this site. =)

About not giving up on PS2, well I didn't, but my PS2 gave up on me. lol
Lol dude. Welcome to the Raven Republic anyway. Salute
Hey, welcome welcome! :3

Nice to hear that there are more groups of people playing AC, especially the older generation games (The new ones are pretty good as well Tongue). Welcome to RR!
Welcome to the boards ErgoProxy!