The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Introductions: The Original Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to post here to say thanks to Lord_Leperman and Nix for posting such great designs. Made a bet with a friend to play a game that we've both never played before, and settled on AC:LR which we previously avoided because of the bad reviews. I have played SL before that though. I won about 7k xbox live points, worth around $90. I changed Halimaw's name to SirPotato because I don't know what Halimaw means, and it looked like a big potato on youtube anyway.

Before I get ahead of myself, hello. My name is Apple. I'm 21, and not male. I lurk on a lot of forums. Steve Jobs has recently made my name suck. I'm from the States, but of Filipino ancestry; moved here when I was 6. I love potatoes, I think they're the greatest root crops ever. I got started on AC because a fried recommended SL to me after I whined that Gran Turismo didn't offer enough customizable parts.

No offense, but I think this forum is more of a Filipino gamer social forum than an Armored Core fansite. Who am I to complain though, since I stole a winning design from this place.

Addendum to answer a pm from Grim: Found this place through wikipedia.
It USED TO be an Armored Core Fansite... until everyone got tired of Armored Core (and got old). Then again, check out any AC fansite on the web and you'll see that their situations are no different. Sleep

But then, we'll always cherish AC cuz it's what brought us all together in the first place. Vomit

Well, welcome to Raven Republic. Feel free to post anywhere that interests you.

EDIT: Oh and congratulations on your win. "Halimaw" literally means "Monster". Appropriately so. I should know.
you found THIS site through Wiki?!?!? O.O omfg
Welcome to the Republic PotatoWins~

And yeah, we basically turned into this gamer's social club...
But well, like Nix said, it's what brought us together so we can say that this place already has a sentimental value to us...

Halimaw... Brings back bad memories...
Ehehe...
Hello Potatowins, I'm actually flattered that my 1st wining design did well in the hands of others :p.

As you've mentioned, we're more of a gamer social forum now than an Armored Core fansite, a trend followed by most AC fansites. Design sections are dead, but the general discussion, and other non-AC sections are pretty alive and well. Look around, hopefully there's something bound to interest you.

Welcome to RR. We hope you enjoy your stay Big grin
Welcome to the boards PotatoWins. Glad to hear a design from Leperman helped you win. Have a good time here in RR.

P.S. Halimaw --> Plug-and-Play --> Win? Tongue
Hello there, PotatoWins, and welcome to the Republic. Even though, we started out as an AC-based gamesite, the game has pretty much reached the twilight of it's time here with us, or at the least, just went on an extended hiatus. Don't worry, the game still gets it's air share of playtime at our regular gatherings. Hope you like it here.

And with your joining, that brings our number of female gamers to 5, IIRC.

ADDENDUM - checked out Wikipedia's AC page. Yep, we definitely are included in the links near the bottom of the page. Wonder who put us there? Huh
I did, Mr. Palafox.

Wow Apple (Potato?), that was a great first post.

PotatoWins Wrote:I changed Halimaw's name to SirPotato because I don't know what Halimaw means, and it looked like a big potato on youtube anyway.

LOL

Welcome to the Republic! We may not be liking AC much anymore right now having played the hell out of it, but a change in the wind may come soon.
Wow. I feel like I stepped into a morning kiddie cartoon with lots of colorful happy fluffy things that like to hug.

The last time I checked, I wasn't on any suicide watch so you can be mean to me. Anyway, it seems you guys are like this to everyone and everyone here knows everyone else quite well. You're probably talking among yourselves right now, wondering about how a potato ended up here all of a sudden.

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh, one more thing. The tech and media related sections are nifty. They're like more detailed snippets of rss feeds. The general discussion threads are cool too, but there's this one guy though that keeps saying "I love loli" this and loli that and he doesn't seem to be joking? He should probably be put away somewhere because hell, it isn't healthy to be a pedo.
Don't worry, he's most of the time he's on his leash...

And BTW, what he likes are anime loli...
He doesn't care much about the real thing.

Oh yeah...
We're quite wondering how we got here too...
So formally, welcome to the club.
PotatoWins Wrote:The general discussion threads are cool too, but there's this one guy though that keeps saying "I love loli" this and loli that and he doesn't seem to be joking? He should probably be put away somewhere because hell, it isn't healthy to be a pedo.

LOL

Arr! Them be fighting words, missy!

LOL
lol trial by fire anyone ahahaha anyway welcome to the boards Mr Potato
She's a miss, man...
lol,Azuma the Loli-king ftw!!!

welcome miss apple to the Raven Republic. The place is small but it's the size that brought us together. I mean,too few people but most of them are always active. Better than having so many people in it but only a small number is active..

So,you're an Xbox player??? Do you have a PS3???