The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ingat lang sa puro spicy. Nothing against indian people pero totoo, magkaka BO ka talaga for a while pag masyado madalas ang pagkain ng maanghang/spicy. >_<
This has been going around the net for a while and I even saw it recently featured in CNN. The Bacon Explosion

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html

Bacon bits, wrapped in sausage meat, then wrapped again in a weave of bacon!

[Image: bacon-6.jpg]

[Image: bacon-10.jpg]

[Image: bacon-12.jpg]

Man, I can feel my arteries harden just by looking at that.
never was a fan of bacon myself but damn that's good stuff right there XD

oh ywH bout spicy food their also somewhat a laxative XD
(02-01-2009, 07:43 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ][Image: bacon-12.jpg]

Man, I can feel my arteries harden just like that.

On another note:
Osmanthus Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

[Image: 3230039612_7643502cd8.jpg]
(02-01-2009, 11:34 AM)maitreya Wrote: [ -> ]On another note:
Osmanthus Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

[Image: 3230039612_7643502cd8.jpg]

Freaky! Want to try that!
At 500 bucks per serving? Well, gotta try it at least once. Haha
(01-30-2009, 10:18 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Dragonslayer, if I may ask, you seem to be into spicy food. Care to let us know other dishes peppers go well with? Tongue I may try grilling something like what you mentioned, but substituting the shrimp with chicken or something else Tongue

This is spicy cabbage soup. I have it every once in a while but I like it. I got the whole recipe so here you go. I apologize for the length.

Ingredients:

* 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced thin
* 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
* 1-2 tsp minced fresh chili pepper (serrano, or jalapeno)
* 2 tsp ground coriander
* 1 TBS dry mustard
* 5 cups + 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
* 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
* 2 medium sized red potatoes cut in ½ inch cubes, about two cups
* 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
* 3 cups thinly sliced Savoy or green cabbage,
* salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Heat 1 TBS broth in a medium soup pot. Healthy Saute sliced onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and minced chili pepper. Continue to saute for another minute.
2. Stir in dried coriander and mustard, and add broth, and rest of ingredients except cabbage, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes, uncovered, or until potatoes are tender.
3. Add cabbage, and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(add more spices if it's not spicy enough for you. Also let simmer for longer period for richer taste) EnjoyDomo
Think of all the pigs it took just to make that one tray of the "BACON EXPLOSION!!!" I suppose they were destined for the slaughter house anywayJason
I went to a pizza joint yesterday and ate a bunch of spicy chicken pizza. I swear, once i got out of the bathroom, it felt like I had just forced out a batch of hot coals. Shock
Sweet, I'll keep that for reference. :3 I wonder if it'll taste good with Corned Beef, as there is already an existing Corned Beef and Cabbage soup? But I'm amazed that the whole recipe you posted is really made from scratch.

Random question, what's the best burger for you guys? Price isn't a factor, just the taste. I'm trying to impress an office mate regarding my knowledge of burgers, and the same person asked me what was the best I ever tried. Putting the price into the equation, I answered with Grams' burger to which she tried, but wasn't satisfied with. She made me try Brother's Black Angus Beef burger (which she says is the best burger ever) to which I was delighted, but then I remember seeing the bill and remembered I could buy 2 Grams burgers for the same price. With that, I need to make a comeback and show her where the best burger is in Metro Manila (Makati, Taguig area preferably). Price is not a factor.

So, my current picks are:

Chili's Mushroom Swiss Burger
Outback's Mad Max burger
Roadhouse's burger with everything on it

I dunno if I should try Muray D' Vinne as mentioned earlier.

Any suggestions or advise? Fast Food burgers are an option, but we're going for taste here. Other burger chains like Brothers might not be viable, as she already said that Brothers is superior to them -_-;
(02-02-2009, 08:01 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]So, my current picks are:

Chili's Mushroom Swiss Burger
Outback's Mad Max burger
Roadhouse's burger with everything on it

I dunno if I should try Muray D' Vinne as mentioned earlier.

Any suggestions or advise? Fast Food burgers are an option, but we're going for taste here. Other burger chains like Brothers might not be viable, as she already said that Brothers is superior to them -_-;

What about making them yourself? Buy a standard (pref. Angus or Wagyu) beef patty but be picky with the bread. You can even use biscuits like mcdo breakfast sandwiches or just buy one of the more unique Bread Talk products. Just remember to heat the bread, and to press it down slightly if it's too puffy.

I agree with your officemate that the Black Angus Beef Burger is one of the best. The Grams burger is not really that good compared to your other suggestions, even. It's only good for the price. Sad

Remember, burgers are like women.
De gustibus non est disputandum

Shameless plug. (I'd rather have the cheese bread w/ sun dried tomatoes and four cheeses + grilled wagyu beef medallions at 22 Prime/the Steakhouse in Discovery Suites though) *cough cough*
I ate in Circles in Shangri-La with my girlfriend last Saturday. I can't say that the dishes were the best I've ever had, but they definitely came close, considering that it was a buffet with such a wide selection. I expected no less from something with its price tag. -_- The desserts were exceptionally good (and sinful) though. I was so filled to the brim that Saturday that I actually still felt somewhat full up until yesterday(!!). XD
Ate a delicious meal at my grandfathers last night. Baked chicken with a spicy BBQ and apricot sauce. The perfect amount of heat and sweet.
We're making pan-fried rib-eye steaks with buttered vegetables and mushroom sauce on Monday for cooking class in school Clapping

We're the smallest cooking group in class(we're only 3) and we only have 100 minutes so...this is gonna be hard D:
I want to try this recipe, but I think we lack the ingredients over here in the Philippines.

Paralistalon Wrote:Bonus recipie:

Meatballs That Are Better Than Luna’s With Less Work And None Of The Messy Hand Mashing Of Eggy Hamburger

Buy 1 large package of premade, frozen meatballs. Cook in oven on large cookie sheet in accordance with package directions. Remove from oven.

In a large pot, mix Smucker’s grape jelly and Heinz’s chilli sauce in a ratio of 1:1. So about 2 small jars of each, or you can get a larger jar if you want to do some measuring. Sounds horrible, I know. Suspend disbelief.

After the jelly and chilli sauce have cooked down into one new emergent sauce, add meatballs. Let meatballs cook at a low temperature for about a half hour to 45 minutes. Take with you to your next pot luck to make people go OMG WTF BEST BALLS I’VE EVER PUT INTO MY MOUTH!!1
(02-10-2009, 03:10 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

KABOOM!

I think I gained calories just reading that list.

Bacon. Shell. Taco. Wtf

Eww.