The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll eat anything.. XD
Ahhh, crud. To hell with it. CHAAARGE!

And here it is. AEA1's gonna drop by in a couple of hours to pick me up before we try out that burger.

~And now, the end is here, And so I face the final curtain, My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain, I've lived a life that's full, I traveled each and every highway, And more, much more than this, I did it my waaay~
Any news on how the 'burger' was?
After the dismally depressive failure of the Tombstone Quest last week, AEA1 and i wanted to take on something equally inimitable but a little less robust this time around. Getting advice from some of RR's most prominent gastrophiles, we observed our options. Upon hearing of this place called the Offbeat Cafe, which was serving this particularly-uncommon burger called the Double Offbeat, AEA1 decided to pursue it. With my protests falling on deaf ears, i resigned myself to my fate and agreed to go along.

7pm on the 16th of August found AEA1, Cabs and I rolling down the busy rush-hour streets of downtown Makati in search of this not-so-well-known building known as the Collective. Inside it's labyrinthine innards was tucked this cozy little place that was the lair of one of the more ambitious combinations of meat, dairy products and pastries ever known to civilized man: the Double Offbeat Burger.

[Image: DSC00748.jpg]

We were greeted at the door by the surprisingly-chipper owner himself. The place wasn't exceptionally large. In fact, it's among the smallest of any dining establishment i've even been to. The decor was pretty eclectic. On the walls were hung a variety of paintings, which, coupled with low lighting, gave the place an artsy feel. After examining the menus and ordering three of their signature burgers, we were directed to our seats.

After waiting for some time, the servants plopped three insidious plates in front of us.

[Image: DSC00749.jpg]

The first bite was a literal explosion of flavor. The saltiness of the burger patties, bacon and fried eggs, the creaminess of the cheese and the sweetness of the donut all combined to create an awesome in-mouth carnival. It was weird and good at the same time. I honestly approached this burger with no small amount of skepticism but i was pleasantly surprised at the way it turned out. The meat complemented the donut pretty well with the eggyolk serving as a sauce. All-in-all, it was a definitely one unique burger.

[Image: DSC00751.jpg]

Of course, people will always have varying opinions. AEA1 said that the meat was really well-done but he couldn't really call it a man-burger, more like a gender-confused burger with that damn donut on top. Cabs said that he didn't really have any basis for comparing this against any other burger except for the fastfood ones, but it was still very good.

Good as it was, i ain't going back for that Double Offbeat burger anytime in the next several years. Tongue
weak... I need to feel the stringyness of the beef with the slightest hint of blood, and the bitterness of singed carbon on my palate. the introduction of the doughnut wrecked havoc on my tastebuds. not a manly man burger.

BBQ... there is nothing more primal than seared bits of animal flesh cooked in wooden skewers...

hahahaha. till next week...

prawnticons... search for our next target.... and no weak ass s**t like last night.
How bout these then?

[Image: chickenallyoucan01.jpg]

[Image: chickenallyoucan02.jpg]

Limited time only, from August 20 to August 26. Only a couple of branches too. Sad
Excellent... make the preparations for next thurs night.

prawnticons... rally to me.
Aye aye, Optimus Prawn. Tongue
Sama!! Ang lapit lang ng Harbour Square dito Big grin
(08-19-2012, 02:20 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Sama!! Ang lapit lang ng Harbour Square dito Big grin

Just contact me or AEA1 around the middle of next week. Happy
we are good to go... interested parties meet me and fox at max banawe branch on thurs 530pm
Ugh...banawe. Ang layo LOL
Ui ang lapit nyan sakin ah.. XD
I thought we were doing Harbour Square. LOL Banawe's no good for me this week.
Might need to put this down to a vote then: How many of you guys want to go to the one in Harbor Square and how many want to go to the Banawe branch then?