The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a Theobrama in Festival Mall, and another in BF. Yeah, LOL, I know. They specialize in Belgian chocolate ice creams specifically. =)
In response to all the Magnum pics i've been seeing on Facebook lately.

[Image: 525540_10150696916498416_523228415_94112...7580_n.jpg]
Vegetarian burger recipe list that I want to try LOL Just bookmarking it here.
What i've been telling Sforza and Leperman since this morning - a cheap but decent Cheetos imitation that's being made right in the heart of Makati.

[Image: cheesezilla.jpg]
(fat PS3 used for size comparison)

Except for a less intense cheese flavor, you could almost swear it was the real thing. Plus the size of the bag itself is enough for an entire party. All for just php60.
I KNOW THIS! My sisters bring it home all the time. I agree with Fox, sobrang sulit niyan. Smile
I think Fox was right when he said half of makati seems to know about the place too LOL
Ugh, late to the discussion, but the Magnum ice cream bars have finally showed up at the local retailer (that is what I get for living in a land-locked region - everything new takes a while to show up). Are they really worth the price tag of nearly 70 PHP (or ~1.33 USD) per stick? Blink
Worth trying once, but IMO there are better, much more worth it ice cream bars. Incidentally, they sell them here in convenience stores at PHP 55.
Hmm. I'd say they're about as good as you can get for P55.
^I think so as well. The chocolate is really pure, which is why it melts so quickly. And the ice cream inside is much smoother than anything else at that price range.
The Magnums were prtty good but i still prefer this:

[Image: nakahanapnaakongpinipigsawakas.jpg]

Nothing beats the classics. Shades
I hereby present an RR exclusive... my McDonald's Big n' Tasty Burger review Tongue

[Image: IMG_0512.jpg]

Intro: I've had three of these burgers since they were released after holy week. The price is 120 for the sandwich only version, and 145 for the regular (small) meal. As usual, McDonalds quality control for new products is not very good. My first two BNTs (Big n' Tasty) were slathered with way too much special sauce, thus making a big splooshy mess when I chomped through them. I finally had a perfect BNT this lunchtime from the MCS branch. So as with all things subjective, YMMV.

[Image: IMG_0513.jpg]

Appearance: Upon opening the burger, I have to admit I expected it to be slightly larger. To be honest it looked like the child of a quarter pounder and a bigmac, although it inherited more of the bigmac traits. Earlier today, the nice lady at the MCS branch who took my order described it as "a quarter pounder, only better." I sort of agree.

[Image: IMG_0514.jpg]

Taste: After taking my first bite oif the imperfect burgers, my first thought was, "why is it so sweet?!" and "why is there so much sauce?!" I honestly don't know if McDonalds adjusted the taste for the local sauce-loving, sweet-tasting Filipino market but it sadly seems to be the case. Honestly, I was willing to give up on the BNT as a failed experiment until today, when I was given the perfectly done BNT with just the right amount of sauce and good balance between the flavors. I was even able to taste the tomato. The taste is as expected, which is like a humongous half-size bigmac. The meat was as thick as I'd expect from a fast food chain, which means it was barely passable for my standards.

Value for money:

vs Jolibee Yum w/ TLC: No contest here. The Yum gets slain. Curbstomped. Pile-drivered to oblivion.

vs Big Better Burger 1/3 lb. w/ cheese: It depends on whether you like the sauce of the BNT, and if you're eating in house. The BNT lends itself well to clean eating on the go (fastfood!) unlike the BBB which tends to devolve into a yummy mushy oily mess by the time you get down to 1/3 its original size. The comparison in terms of taste and quality is about the same, although If I had 140 pesos to spend, I'd probably go with the BBB burger because of the beef patty size and the fact that it has less sauce that interferes with the beefy hamburger taste.

vs Brother's Burger 1/2 lb: To be continued (?)

vs Burger King Whopper: To be continued (?)

Summary: Treat this like the new Selecta Magnum. Sure, you get you money's worth but there are alternative products on the market which will satisfy your hunger pangs just as well, like the surprisingly cheaper bigmac.
And now i regret deciding to NOT stop at the nearby McDo on my way home earlier. Ermm
Hahaha, McDo is just a couple of minutes away, will try and post my opinion too Tongue

SO, I've tried it. Quite messy because of all the shredded lettuce, and I think they put in too much onion. The sauce is fine imho, only if they put the right amount. Otherwise, it's worth a try, and the occasional re-try. Big grin

Then I found out that there's a Big Better Burgers branch at University Mall. :3
(10-09-2007, 01:18 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]
strawhat_luffy Wrote:lol. here it's 1 double cheeseburger for $1 I think.

although that's not enough to fill me <_<

Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese for McD's
or
Quadruple Stacker from BK. LOL

Hahah try not to eat so much (even though you can). You're still young and all but you gotta watch out and not be another fat American. Tongue (No offense intended. >_<)

What I really miss are Carl's Jr. burgers. I like their's the most among them burger joints. I especially like the Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Too bad they went out of business here in the Phlippines. You see over here, McDonald's and BK can sell their burgers pretty cheap because they're not as big as they are in the U.S.

The Carl's Jr. here though tried to be a bit more faithful to the original. Their Burgers where big and much tastier than any other burger joint. Unfortunately, they sold their burgers for twice the price of McDonald's, which is kinda beyond the typical Filipino budget for a hamburger. Hence, they died. -_-

And since you're on the East side, you probably haven't tried In n Out Burgers. They're really good! They taste almost home made.
Nix you've been to California?