The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-05-2009, 08:12 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2009, 07:22 PM)Nerese Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question:
How can I get that really strong garlic taste? I'm having having a hard time working with garlic eh.
Right now, what I know are: the more crushed, the better, don't toast the garlic like most people here usually do.

I'm asking because I'm working on a garlic-tomato spaghetti sauce.

Use garlic powder along with the garlic?

That's what I said. o__o but he wanted the toasted garlic flavor.

(10-05-2009, 08:47 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Promo started on September 9, 2009 and is still on going. Still, its quite a good deal. Who want's to go try it with me? Big grin

I want! Yun nga lang, aabot ba sa sabado yan? =/
(10-05-2009, 08:12 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Use garlic powder along with the garlic?

I've thought of that, but that's also something I'm trying to avoid.
I have no idea why though.

(10-05-2009, 09:05 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]@Nerese
There was this one time that i used fresh tomatoes tossed into a blender instead of canned tomato sauce. I then added that to around ten cloves worth of finely-chopped garlic. It helped to let the garlicky flavor blend into the sauce better, especially if you just sauteed the garlic quickly for just around ten seconds. The garlic loses some of its taste when it gets browned so try to avoid that.

The result sauce was something aswangs would do well to stay away from. LOL

This is something I might try if only our blender didn't overheat three years ago. I might use a mortar and pestle for a substitute though. That's how I've been doing that for a while.
Fine chopping is the task, my friend.
Yesh, It works~ Did it by grinding the garlic, adding tomato sauce then grinding it some more.
I just got the taste I was looking for.
Let's take a break and laugh. Also these tacos are epic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWu-gqoMUn0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cWu-gqoMUn0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=4520

has this been posted before? i want to try this but minus the mayonnaise cause...well i hate mayo
Edit: Oops. Cabs already posted it on Awesome thread.

Joint BK and MS promo! Buy Windows 7 and get 2000+ calories for only 777 yen.
Was that the 7 patty burger I just saw on TV? o_o

Edit: It was. I wonder why no one said something about Windows 7 though.
That was just so huge. Each bite could only take about three patties. That's something that should last one person for breakfast, lunch, merienda then dinner.

I wonder if our local branches will be picking that up?
I hope so. Kahit wala munang Windows 7. One day's worth of food in a single order. Extra rice na lang kulang LOL
I'm about to try this:

[Image: DzgWV.jpg]

Wish me luck.
Hmmm, curious...

That's an odd place to find a recipe. In a manga?
(11-09-2009, 03:22 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm, curious...

That's an odd place to find a recipe. In a manga?

Addicted to Curry!

Which by the way, has just resumed scanlations after a hiatus by the translator(s) which lasted almost a year.
Ahaha, now that just sounds delicious. Big grin
I botched it though, I added a little too much ginger, but otherwise, it was ok. As in so-so ok, not like how Japanese Curry is OK, though it might have been my fault in the process or something.