The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what doesn't cause cancer? LOL
And i read this just now after downing a bunch of hotdogs this morning. Fear
(08-12-2011, 03:48 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]So what doesn't cause cancer? LOL

Organic vegetables (Like eggplant) Tongue

I also remember a report somewhere about curry preventing cancer. So that means we should all eat eggplant curry everyday!
Lol. Also had hotdogs.. and will have some more later.

LOL everything apparently nowadays causes cancer. LOL
At this rate, we'll soon see studies/reports saying that even rice causes cancer. LOL
Hahaha I'm pretty sure they're already saying that about the polished rice we eat.
Tried my luck in making Pesto today. I don't know if it's a success though but it tasted the same.

I used:
3 small packs of basil
5 cloves of garlic
1 3/4 cheese [Ques-O regular size]
salt
pepper
olive oil
Mortar and Pestle
Fork to mash the cheese and mix everything together

Is there a way to enhance this? Or like what other ingredients to add?
My aunt just texted us the ingredients so I really had no idea with what I was doing.
(08-12-2011, 06:25 PM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to enhance this? Or like what other ingredients to add?
My aunt just texted us the ingredients so I really had no idea with what I was doing.

Pine nuts.

Ugh where is hemp when you need him Tongue
I experimented on making hummus without a food processor. I added too much lemon juice and my hands cannot compare to the power of 2 mechanical blades and thus it ended up being gritty and sour.

I tried making Cream Soda using yeast to get that fizzy effect. Well, it wasn't fizzy but it almost tasted like Cream Soda (Flat Cream Soda though)...
(08-12-2011, 07:26 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2011, 06:25 PM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to enhance this? Or like what other ingredients to add?

Pine nuts.

Ugh where is hemp when you need him Tongue

Hemp is probably too high to post, as always. LOL

@ Leperman:

Out of curiosity, makes me want to try that out!
I followed this recipe for Cream Soda:

What they don't tell you is that you need to refrigerate the bottle with the soda for at least 24 hours for the CO2 or the fizz to lock into the drink. I took it out prematurely, so that's why my soda tasted flat.

I'm guessing one of these should be enough for a typical RR-meet. LOL
Arrgh! Pizza is my bane! I can't seem to get it right.
Had the opportunity to try Garage 88 a while ago despite missing out on RR's visit there. I gotta say I was really underwhelmed. Nothing amazing at all, imo. Especially given the price. And they even charge extra for mustard! WTF?
^Ditto, bro. I was WTF, they charge for extra CONDIMENTS? The patty tasted quite like Rick's batch back at your place. Tongue

But it was Mark's treat anyway, and the company more than made up for how meh the food was. Big grin