The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lord_leperman knows his junk!

Kids, listen to this man.
Yeah, wasabi and nori! I want to try the others!
These are the best potato chips I've ever tasted though: http://www.wisesnacks.com/index.php/ridg...onion.html

The one I tried was produced in Malaysia and being sold in SM department stores branded as Wise Country Fries. These are the best potato chips ever. They have a balanced flavor that's not too salty and has a cool refreshing sour cream flavor that gives a distinct tangy flavor that doesn't overpower the potato flavor. A bit expensive though at 50 pesos for a medium sized bag (Half the size of the Wasabi and Nori chips).
If Rick says they're the best, I believe it. LOL I'll grab some maybe tomorrow.
The mark of a true gentleman: even in junk food, discerning taste. Hats off to you, sir! Gentleman
http://www.insanewiches.com/

Awesome food link of the day. LOL
Spoiler for RR LOL I have a mega food post planned on my blog soon. Pretty much all I've been doing here lately is eating.

I went back to Japadog today, was in line as soon as they opened. I was 3rd in line. 10 minutes later, the line was like yesterday's. I ordered the okonomi and mom got the oroshi. We ate the dogs at a Starbucks. I finished mine quickly (it was REALLY GOOD) and went back for another one, which took about 10 minutes. It was considered really fast considering the line, because I ordered a turkey terimayo, which they accidentally made too much of.

Click for bigger sizes. Pic w/ 2 dogs (L = okonomi, R = oroshi). Pic with terimayo = has extra wasabi mayo on top. The pic w/ the stand only is because the attendants were ducking behind the cart to get equipment and other things since the stall just opened.

[Image: th_IMG_9155.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_9156.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_9157.jpg]

VERDICT: BEST HOTDOGS EVER, and I've eaten a lot of them.

Edit: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/japa-dog-vancouver -- a few more reviews of the place from other people.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
OM NOM NOM NOM
Hey, even goats would want to eat something like this. D:
Those dogs are also fit for starving artists too. <:3 It reminds me of my Curry Hotdog salad last BYOB 2... ^__^
Another spoiler post for RR Smile

...If someone would ask people on the street here where the best burger place is, most would say Vera's Burger Shack. I went there for dinner today and ordered a G-money burger (click to see the menu in pdf).

First thing I noticed was that the burger was effin' HUGE. The beer beside the burger is a PINT sized one (for scale purposes). I tried to hold it at first but eventually gave up so I had to use a knife and fork. Anyway, the burgers were cooked really well. The burgers tasted great indeed, but the place looked a bit run down and dirty (that's why it's called a shack?) - not that anyone seemed to care LOL

[Image: th_IMG_9181.jpg] [Image: th_IMG_9182.jpg]
*drools*
I'm hungry. D:
How big is that one compared to the Ridiculous burger that owned us last year?