The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's always Mcdo's Double Quarter Pounder at around 150 :p

Its quite a lot from what I hear.
Brother's designer burgers are REALLY good but also really expensive at more than 200 each. For 93 bucks, I think the Wham! plain burger gives the best value for money.
(12-22-2008, 08:28 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]There's always Mcdo's Double Quarter Pounder at around 150 :p

Its quite a lot from what I hear.

Yup, it's enough. You get a lot of beef for the price. In contrast, Jollibee's Champ costs P125 for a 1/3 pound patty. I still like the Champ better than any McDo burger though. The other Jollibee burgers, well, they're trumped by most everything else. For me it's kinda like

Carl's Jr. > Wham! Burgers > Brother's Burger > Jollibee's Champ > Burger King Whoppers > Wendy's > McDo > Burger Machine > Every other Jollibee burger

I may have rated McDo pretty low because I'm pretty tired of their taste already. Also, I left Burger Ave. out as I've only eaten there once, definitely not enough to give an objective rating.

Haha ganado. Big grin
Yes, Mix. Carl's Jr. has lovely burgers. It's too bad it didn't work out for them here in the Philippines. Their Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger was miraculous. >_< Oh how I miss it.
(12-22-2008, 10:52 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Mix. Carl's Jr. has lovely burgers. It's too bad it didn't work out for them here in the Philippines. Their Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger was miraculous. >_< Oh how I miss it.

Amen, brother. Buhay pa ba yung Carl's sa G4?
Meron pa ba? Parang nag pull out na sila sa Philippines eh. Dati suki ako ng Carl's sa ATC pero ayun nagsara din. Sad
I'm quite sure the one in G4's gone. There used to be a Carl's in Megamall but the last time i ate there was back in 2004. Does anyone know if its still around?
Nope, gone as well for at least 3 years. Got replaced by a faux Italian restaurant Sad. Double Western Bacon Cheese Burger Smile~ How I missed thee too. It's really too bad that Carl's Jr didn't make it big, it was even their 2nd attempt to revive the franchise IIRC and it still didn't make an impact in the local competition compared to how Burger King still managed to survive all this time.

I'm glad that burger specialty restaurants like Brothers Burger, Hotshots, Wham, and others are still doing well. Though if I had to rate burgers for value for money, Grams still wins the top spot just because they have a balance of quantity and quality for the right price.

Also, in other fast food related news, notice that A&W restaurants are now gone as well? I missed their Coney Hot Dogs.
(12-22-2008, 10:47 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Lord_Leperman' pid='7822459' dateline='1229948912']
Carl's Jr. > Wham! Burgers > Brother's Burger > Jollibee's Champ > Burger King Whoppers > Wendy's > McDo > Burger Machine > Every other Jollibee burger

Panalo! LOL

Nga pala, iirc wala nang Carl's Jr. sa 'pinas. Yung huli kong nakita nandun sa G4. Wala na dun Sad
Frank Bruni of the NY Times reviews a new restaurant (in NY) named Cabrito.

Exerpt: "Take the namesake dish: the slow-roasted baby goat, hunks and strands of which can be tucked into a tortilla with the restaurant’s intense, riveting salsa borracha, a jammy amalgam of onions, pasilla chilies, tequila and sour orange juice. I’ve had the goat when it was dry and unappealingly gristly, when it was moist and blessedly fatty and when it was somewhere in between. And I know from the reports of others that this unpredictability is par for the Cabrito — and cabrito — course."

http://events.nytimes.com/2009/01/28/din...8rest.html
I had an encounter with a remarkably hot pepper about a week ago. My grandfather gave my girlfriend and I each a habanero pepper. We ate it whole. Once I got over my eyes watering and the snot flowing from my nose for about twenty minutes, it wasn't all that bad. The messed up thing is my girl barely shed a tear.Wtf
http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/....html#more

Our boss at the office sent us this link. A (gourmet?) burger store.
(01-29-2009, 10:40 AM)maitreya Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/....html#more

Our boss at the office sent us this link. A (gourmet?) burger store.

crap those pics where mouth watering Drool'

edit:

aah the wonders of having a chef for an older brother

mushroom risotto + tiger prawns wrapped in parma ham, sage placed inside and glazed with strawberry jam Drool Domo
DragonSlayer favorite: -Shrimp Dioblos- : shrimp with sliver of hot pepper of your choice

(preferably something not too hot as to ruin the meal) seasoned with spice of choice (of

course, something spicy...) wrapped in a strip of bacon with a toothpick holding it all

together. I like cooking mine on the grill. Trust Me, they're good.
Dragonslayer, if I may ask, you seem to be into spicy food. Care to let us know other dishes peppers go well with? Tongue I may try grilling something like what you mentioned, but substituting the shrimp with chicken or something else Tongue