The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OGs-stuffe...rs-steaks/

Just tried this new burger place in Aguirre, BF, Paranaque. So far, I've only tried their cheeseburger, and I was quite satisfied. Next time I'll try an actual stuffed burger.
Darn, beat me to the punch on that Epic Meal Time vid XD

Edit: and that Meal to Die for Vid. I want a Quadruple Bypass Burger XD
Today, I cooked something that could be called 'lumpiang sariwa', cooked, minus the wrapper itself. It was good. I learned how to de-shell fresh shrimp, and use singkamas in a cooked dish (I had a bag full given to me by someone).

Since it seems easy to prepare, I want to make some for us on the next meet, would you guys like some? Smile
BACON.
[Image: 91afae33-8ec3-4cd6-b035-d493cab72cfd.jpg]
America.
I made traditional vanilla ice cream today. (I learned how thru Chem lab >__> )

It gave me a major work out on the triceps LOL.
I should make ice cream more often LOL
(02-27-2011, 02:26 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]I made traditional vanilla ice cream today. (I learned how thru Chem lab >__> )

It gave me a major work out on the triceps LOL.
I should make ice cream more often LOL

Awesome! How do you do it?
I tried out the shredded bitter melons I was pickling [well, not exactly pickling...].
It was like I got punched in the face, twice. First by the vinegar, then by the garlic. I put a tablespoon of sugar to weaken both and succeeded.

I used:
Bitter melons [Ampalaya] 1 medium. cut paper thin.
Garlic, 6 cloves, crushed to a pulp.
Onion, white, 1 piece, onion rings.
White Vinegar, 250ml
Sugar, 1 tablespoon.

Blanched the bitter melons after cutting, massaged with salt and pepper, put in a small bottle with the rest of the ingredients.
Then I poured the vinegar. Since, It was an experiment for me, I should've mixed the sugar with the vinegar before I poured it in.
I really really want to try making this: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010...style.html
[Image: 20100723-in-n-out-00-finished-table.jpg]

Does anyone know where they sell chuck meat steaks here in Makati with a lot of fat content?
Ate in Mr Kurosawa at Resorts World last night.

The menu was a funky mix of americanized japanese (rice bowls, sushi, etc) dishes and japanized american dishes (pizza, pasta, burgers, etc).

Ordered tofu steak while my dad got seafood kamameshi. The tofu wasn't the soft japanese tofu you'd expect. It was more like tokwa. Breaded tokwa. =/
And my dad's kamameshi came really late and was still tasteless. And did I mention that it was P300+ a dish? Not eating there again.
(08-10-2011, 10:42 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Ate in Mr Kurosawa at Resorts World last night.

The menu was a funky mix of americanized japanese (rice bowls, sushi, etc) dishes and japanized american dishes (pizza, pasta, burgers, etc).

Ordered tofu steak while my dad got seafood kamameshi. The tofu wasn't the soft japanese tofu you'd expect. It was more like tokwa. Breaded tokwa. =/
And my dad's kamameshi came really late and was still tasteless. And did I mention that it was P300+ a dish? Not eating there again.

There are a bunch of Japanese restos these days that are really offer really bad value for money compared to the ones near where Mark and I work. The place where you went to is one of them Sad
It was a meeting with my dad's old buddies. They chose the place. I've always been cautious of Marvin Agustin's restaurants (John and Yoko, Oyster Boy, Marciano's, etc.). Always hyped. But underwhelming and even utterly disappointing when tried.
Eating processed meat (especially hotdogs) can cause cancer

Quote:Are hot dogs a political issue? Surprisingly so.

On Monday July 25, my non-profit organization, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, erected a billboard outside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The picture was stark -- a cigarette pack emblazoned with a skull and crossbones. But sticking out of the pack were not cigarettes -- instead there were hot dogs. The message said "WARNING: Hot dogs can wreck your health."

The issue is cancer. Every year, about 143,000 Americans are diagnosed with colorectal cancer and more than 50,000 die of the disease. About half of all cases are already incurable when found. The U.S. Government and other entities have poured millions of dollars into the search for the cause. But one of the causes they found turned out to be too hot for the government to handle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neal-barna...19034.html