The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have the 20-pc chicken nuggets included in the Happy Bundle. I don't know if you can order them ala-carte tho.
I remember me and some friends ordering 4 of those jumbo boxes once on a road trip to New Jersey. I didn't touch another McNugget for 3 months after that.
50 pieces of chicken puree is already overkill for me. 4 boxes? Nosebleed
one burger and I'm already vomiting in the toilet. same thing goes for burger king.Vomit
[Image: 17490_585484958151279_951717835_n.jpg]

Glorietta Branch.
Hmmm... Walking distance lang Big grin
[Image: 188394_486251074767613_2055192293_n.jpg]
Last day of a local legend, people.

[Image: Rufosgoodbye.jpg]

And to think that the place is just a month and a third younger than i am. Bye
WHY? Sad I hope it's because they're expanding.
Just came back from Rufo's with Fox. It was so hectic.
(02-28-2013, 01:45 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]WHY? Sad I hope it's because they're expanding.

It's just the original branch that's being closed down. I think they're gonna be opening a new one somewhere in Makati.

And sorry, i forgot to bring along a camera. Sad
So yesterday, i went to this roadside Japanese joint near the border of Caloocan and Tondo, along with a couple other RR guys. Serene had been telling me of this place for a while now, about the authentic dishes cooked by the eponymous Japanese expat and his Filipina wife. After checking out some reviews of the place from some local blogs, i decided it was high time to check it out myself.

The shop's front, open to the street, including the kitchen. We didn't really give a flying fuck about the ambience, it's the food we came for.
[Image: suzukihaponcarinderia01.jpg]

Clockwise from middle left - yakisoba, okonomiyaki, katai yakisoba, torikatsu, katsudon and gyoza, with Ebi Fry in the middle. All of this worked out to roughly php140 per person. If we hadn't shared the Ebi Fry, the total bill would've worked out to around php140 per person. As it was, everything was just about php585 (around $15 or so). Di ko na sinama yung softdrinks sa presyo.
[Image: suzukihaponcarinderia02.jpg]

Less than fifteen minutes later, everything except for a portion of the okonomiyaki was gone. I didn't really expect much of this joint but the taste and quality is comparable to Komoro Soba in Megamall and (arguably) Tokyo Tokyo. Everything was also freshly-made.
[Image: suzukihaponcarinderia03.jpg]

We couldn't finish the okonomiyaki so Serene had it bagged for take-out. Yep, sobrang sulit talaga. Happy
[Image: suzukihaponcarinderia04.jpg]

Suffice to say, i'm definitely going back again sometime soon.
(03-03-2013, 05:30 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Clockwise from middle left - yakisoba, okonomiyaki, katai yakisoba, torikatsu, katsudon and gyoza, with Ebi Fry in the middle. All of this worked out to roughly php140 per person. If we hadn't shared the Ebi Fry, the total bill would've worked out to around php140 per person. As it was, everything was just about php585 (around $15 or so). Di ko na sinama yung softdrinks sa presyo.
[Image: suzukihaponcarinderia02.jpg]

15 bucks for all of that? That's insane. That okonomiyaki looks pretty hefty. A lot larger too, than the one I usually get at Aji Ten. And to think that I pay 6 dollars for it.
(03-04-2013, 09:45 AM)Skreija Wrote: [ -> ]That okonomiyaki looks pretty hefty.

It's the heaviest dish in the table. It has veggies, pork and squid. There's a half price version with just vegetables.

What I like this about this eatery is that the dishes are prepared and cooked on the spot. For a person like me who prefers home-cooked meals over fastfood, it's a steal.

I'll try out their ramen this week. Noodles aren't homemade though.
A real pizza burger, as in a burger pizza inside a pizza burger, or the other way around:

[Image: pizzaburger2.jpg]

In addition, some local food news:

[Image: 541713_10151884785149922_1110518198_n.jpg]