The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-27-2012, 10:52 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Do they have something like this?

[Image: overcheesedburger.jpg]

feels like I'm about to die just by looking at it.
[Image: cupgunplarx78.jpg]

[Image: cupgunplazaku2.jpg]

Hey, MJTing-sama, can you grab me some of these on the way home? Tongue
Sure why not. LOL
Wait.. Im confused! Which one do you put in water? The Gunpla or the noodles?
both I think. it never hurt to find out.
Has anyone here (in the Philippines) tried Yabu in Megamall? They have this awesome chicken katsu Japanese curry dish with unlimited rice and cabbage. A bit pricey at ~P350, but it's delicious.
Never saw Yabu in Megamall, where is it in the mall?

Also, I tried making this: http://www.olivegarden.com/Connections-t...eam-Sauce/

Quote:Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce

Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time:5 minutes

Ingredients
YIELD: 1 cup
2 cups heavy cream (or 16 fl oz)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (2 tsp dry)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Procedures
HEAT cream in a sauce pan and lightly boil until it is half its original volume, being careful not to scorch.
STIR in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
USE immediately.

I was pleased with the results. Easy to make too.
Never heard of Yabu either. Then again, there's a number of sections in Megamall that i don't frequent whenever i'm there.

In other news:

[Image: mcdohappybundle.jpg]

McDo's new Happy Bundle. All that you see above, with the choice of sandwiches (Big Mac, Quarterpounder, Double Cheeseburger, McChicken Sandwich and Filet O'Fish) up to you, for only php495. Easily enough to fill up three grown men (of which two were heavy eaters) but the catch is, it's only available thru delivery.
NOM. Fox, let's chill sometime Big grin
(07-29-2012, 09:49 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]only php495

Facepalm ang mamahal na ng pagkain dyan, parang dumoble simula noong umalis ako.
(07-29-2012, 08:44 PM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Never saw Yabu in Megamall, where is it in the mall?

Also, I tried making this: http://www.olivegarden.com/Connections-t...eam-Sauce/

Quote:Herb Parmesan Cream Sauce

Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time:5 minutes

Ingredients
YIELD: 1 cup
2 cups heavy cream (or 16 fl oz)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (2 tsp dry)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Procedures
HEAT cream in a sauce pan and lightly boil until it is half its original volume, being careful not to scorch.
STIR in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
USE immediately.

I was pleased with the results. Easy to make too.

Mmm now I'm in the mood for breadsticks with that.Drool
Yabu's in the Atrium. Pretty new resto from what I've heard. If you ever get the curry, get the hot one. I heard that the regular one doesn't have any kick at all, and the very hot one's just too much.
(07-30-2012, 05:46 AM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Yabu's in the Atrium. Pretty new resto from what I've heard. If you ever get the curry, get the hot one. I heard that the regular one doesn't have any kick at all, and the very hot one's just too much.

My mom tried it. She said the experience is similar to katsu restaurants in Japan. She also isn't a picky eater and nowhere near as picky as I am, but she said the katsu places she's tried in Japan are clearly better tasting still. She doesn't really get why people are very excited about it, but she guesses that it's because of the new "katsu restaurant" dining experience.
@Fox

495 doesnt sound so bad, But id probably end up eating all that for myself.. XD
(07-30-2012, 01:11 PM)Hell Heart Wrote: [ -> ]@Fox

495 doesnt sound so bad, But id probably end up eating all that for myself.. XD

Me, Trace-02 and Leperman split that pile. After finishing all the fries and 1/3rd each of one of the Big Macs, we were a little stuffed. And we hadn't even started on the burgers.

(07-29-2012, 11:00 PM)J.E_Magog Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2012, 09:49 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]only php495

Facepalm ang mamahal na ng pagkain dyan, parang dumoble simula noong umalis ako.

I remember back during the turn of the century, a Burger McDo combo meal only cost php29, with php10 for upsizing both the fries and drink. Nowadays, the Burger McDo meal is at php65 with php20 to upsize both the fries and drink.

Yeah, grabe yung tinaas, pare.