The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm still punching my stomach for being a pussy.
Trying out Jollibee's 'Ultimate' Burgersteak.

Verdict:
The fries became soggy since it's under the burger and they had to pour mushroom sauce over it. The meal is just heavy.
I thought your burgers were nuts, but this takes the cake and the bakery.
07-27-2013

[Image: free_patty_day_burger_project.jpg]

Taft branch only.
Jeebus Christ on a pattystack. Text me! Got my number?
(07-26-2013, 09:19 PM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Jeebus Christ on a pattystack. Text me! Got my number?

Wasn't able to go. Got work today. Sad
So, AEA1 just got back from the military and requested for a burger raid with the usual cronies. Being the insane chap he is, he decided to hit the one place that foiled us last year - Zark's.

The only takers. You can see Shintetsu in the mirror's reflection as he takes the pic.
[Image: DSC01743.jpg]

[Image: DSC01744.jpg]

Instead of the usual "order whatever the fuck you want" routine, AEA1 hit on the idea of ordering a selection of burgers from the Major League section of the menu and then drawing lots to see who gets which burger.

The Tombstone (bottom) and the Jawbreaker (top). The Jawbreaker is three 1/3rd pound patties with a couple slices each of spam and bacon topped with a half cup of cheese sauce. The Tombstone is four half-pound patties covered in cheese sauce and accompanied by an entire regiment of fries.
[Image: DSC01745.jpg]

The Maverick. A half-pound burger encrusted with fresh-ground black pepper and topped with a couple slices of deep-fried bacon.
[Image: DSC01746.jpg]

The Jackhammer (right), a half-pound patty stuffed with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and the Stone Cold Stunner (left), a double bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms and caramelized onions.
[Image: DSC01748.jpg]

The Luther Burger. Two more double-bacon burger patties topped with cheddar cheese but on a halved Krispy Kreme donut instead of normal buns. It was dubbed "The Loser Burger" for that night. Woe betide the luckless soul who chances upon it.
[Image: DSC01747.jpg]

With the burgers on the table, we then drew lots. As it happens, AEA1 got the Jawbreaker, CZ got the Maverick and Trace-02 won the Jackhammer. Leperman raised an eyebrow at the Tombstone he now had in front of him and i got the Stone Cold Stunner.

Poor Shintetsu breathed out a disappointed sigh as he gazed upon the Luther Burger he drew. Tongue

Being the magnanimous and caring i am, i decided to swap with Leperman, knowing that he'd have trouble even taking down a quarter of that burger. He gladly acquiesced. We exchanged plates and i grinned down at my new quarry.

[Image: DSC01740.jpg]

I ended up regretting that decision a few seconds later. The Tombstone's size was on the wrong side of hilarious. The damn thing was so fething big that i immediately donated one of the patties to Shin, who still went ahead and split that one patty with Leperman. I ended up eating just one patty and the fries. The remaining two patties and buns were doggybagged to take home.

Comparison of the Tombstone next to my head and a standard-sized cellphone.
[Image: DSC01741.jpg]

Still, there will come a day when i'll be able to finish the Tombstone right there. One day soon. And i will have my revenge, in this life or the next. Tongue

More pictures from AEA1

[Image: IMG_20130903_194541.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195640.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195707.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195714.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_193610.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195842.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195319.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195855.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_200019.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195928.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195939.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130903_195913.jpg]
I look like a retard in the first pic for gack's sake!

Lygophilia

Seems like an eating contest with the ground meat stack count or that is just how is with hunger?

Personally, it's usually healthier related foods, like mix nuts, fruits, eggwhites, peanut butter, vegetables. I'm not much on meat, but there is turkey, chicken, and fish sometimes. I do miss eating snake, cat, shark, alligator, dog, deer, duck, and rabbit. I'm originally from Louisiana, but don't live there anymore, so don't be surprise of this list of mostly wildlife preference. You should try these sometime though, when you have the time.
I've tried deer, too smelly for me.
I've tried deer too. Wasn't that bad.

I've also tried Bayawak (local water monitor lizard, similar to Iguanas). Similar texture to chicken but mildly differing taste. Tongue

An uncle offered me adobong ahas once. Was a bit too squicked to try it out.
Since yesterday and for no apparent reason I was craving for some pizza, so a while ago I bought some but after just a few slices ( way below my limit) i felt like puking ... fuck you body and your pointless cravings!
i've tried fried frog (tastes like chicken), and deer jerky. oh and of course there's balut when i was young XD
Chicken Firehouse sandwich from Madmark's in Kapitolyo, Pasig (a couple blocks away from the part where The Big Dip used to be).

[Image: armlong_sandwich.jpg]

Damn thing's as long as my forearm. Big grin
How much is that bad boy? Big grin