The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Laughing facepalm*
haha! I guess we better be careful about the people pics we post, Apple seems to 'memefy' them! Smoke weed everyday Apple! *insert passed out shit faced Apple pic with food scattered on floor*
(06-25-2009, 04:11 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2009, 03:44 PM)AppleHead Wrote: [ -> ]Fix'd

[Image: lolcatguy.jpg]

O_____O

...wtf

LOL

Applebombed!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5ToWVgs4DQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5ToWVgs4DQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Probably should be in Project Awesome, but here're entries to Team Liquid's SC Cakes SC2 Beta Key Contest.
Damn Reaver. Imagine seeing a big-ass bug on your table. *squash*
Quick reviews from the continuing journeys of Tony Bourdain that I've watched so far.

Brazil (Sao Paolo)- One of the best episodes I've watched so far. For Rick too, I think. The food was great, the place was interesting, the local people knew where to go, and the girls were hot. Lots of discussion on history and culture too.

Sicily, Italy - ONE BIG MEH D: And lots of salt.

The Asia Special with China and Osaka, Japan was really good. The people in Osaka are awesome Smile

Vietnam - Haven't watched it yet but mjting seems to have really liked it.

Russia - Very little in terms of food, a lot in terms of culture post-Cold War and the Russian world view. Very good episode.

Venice, Italy - One of the best. I love Venice because of the history, the architecture, everything. Tony (feeling close ba), was able to not only showcase the city, but its people as well. Almost non-stop eating, too. The food itself was very good. I think they showed this restaurant that had epic win risotto. It was also the only episode where I actually drooled by accident -_-

Singapore - Very good too. Concentrated a lot on hawker center food and Singapore being in the middle of everything. This was more of a food episode than a cultural one.

Iceland - Epic lulz. Tony absolutely hated it there. Everything they planned got wrecked somehow. The best scene was him getting stuck in a cave in the middle of a freak snowstorm with only a bottle of alcohol, "I can't feel my balls!" LOL

...But what's sad about all this is that except for Sicily, they're ALL BETTER than the Philippine episode -_-
*edited*
Really loved the Asia eps, With a Four way tie between osaka, tokyo, korea, and china. vietnam was pretty good, but is behind vancouver and brazil so far imho. hong kong and singapore were great too, but in singapore i also thought they focused too much on the hawker centers. gonna try venice next. hope i dont drool. Jason
Have you folks tried Oishi's Gourmet Picks, particularly the Wasabi and Nori flavor? It's effin good! And it's only 40+ for a big bag. Big grin

http://www.shootfirsteatlater.com/2009/0...chips.html

I used to buy Kalbee's (no.1 chipmaker in Japan) seaweed-flavor chips all the time. But like what the guy said in the blog above, our very own Oishi kicks Kalbee in the ass.
Yeah! the Nori and Wasabi ones are REALLY good! and I told my mom the same thing! its like 40+for a bag that has more than a big piattos/chippy bag, but still a bit less than a Lay's bag, although at a more forgiving price.
That looks good. I'll look for it on the way home (friggin' upside of being next to SM). Tongue
http://www.oishi.com.ph/catalog.asp?prod=npcgwn-n

There, I found the Oishi website. Their site's pretty cool, actually. Tongue
Oh, I forgot, the kimchi flavor is also pretty good Tongue the salt flavor hmmmm..still good! LOL
I've been eating those a lot for a while now and I'd say its very competitive even by international standards for potato chips (That includes you Ruffles!). I absolutely love the wasabi and nori flavored chips.