The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: The FOOD Topic.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tangina. Sige, mang-inggit pa.
That's my brand of payback for you, brother. I told i usually play dirty. Tongue

I wonder if that okonomiyaki shop down at Little Tokyo serves this. I want to make some as well :3
I kinda want some of that, but at the same time I don't
(12-01-2012, 08:56 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]

I wonder if that okonomiyaki shop down at Little Tokyo serves this. I want to make some as well :3

Yes, there is a special Okonomiyaki bar in Little Tokyo, I've tried it and it's really really REALLY good. Jake would know more about it though, since he works near by. In addition, the thing is humongous.

I did try a local version using instant noodles, it wasn't too bad but you can't compare it to the awesomeness of the genuine one in Little Tokyo.

In Burger related news, Burger Project opened near my place and I really liked the burgers. Cost effective as well for what you get. 99 pesos (around 2USD) will get you a 1/3 lb burger with the standard veggies. Toppings come at an additional price of course but you can choose from a wide variety of them. You can even make a Frankenstein burger if you have the money and the guts to try it out.

So now there's 3 different burger joints on the same street. Army Navy Burger, Big Better Burgers, and finally Burger Project. All of them on the same street.

In Pizza related news. Here's a pizza called "The Fat Bitch"

[Image: joel-darwin-fat-bitch.jpg]
I love the name. LOL
(12-01-2012, 08:56 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if that okonomiyaki shop down at Little Tokyo serves this. I want to make some as well :3

They do but it's a small variation in cooking methods, where yakisoba is used. It depends on whether you feel like having yakisoba or ramen I guess, but in general anything they serve is damn good. I like mine with octopus topping, but even just chicken and cheese is great. If you want, drop by Makati Cinema Square or Little Tokyo one of these days and we can eat there.

This guy makes simple recipes so easy and unique. I might try out his style, since its a bit unorthodox.
Been craving for Pho for the past few days, and on that topic; Have any of you been to Ba Noi's? Is it open on Sundays?

That or Okonomiyaki at Little Tokyo, for real this time. Today?
I'll go, preferably on a weekend tho :p

That okonomiyaki place has a baseball theme going for it tho (Hanshin Tigers I believe) so yeah, lively little place.

Gotta ask Jake if the place is open on weekends though.
Tiis muna ako sa Pho Hoa today, let's go next week since hardly anyone's going to be available on short notice Tongue

We can just decide what to get on the day itself.
So, food trip day?
Aw man, all this talk about okonomiyaki is making me want to make some myself tomorrow.
There's a Japanese fastfood place a couple blocks down from the library where I work. I have lunch there every now and then. For the price, the size of the okonomiyaki leaves a lot to be desired but the taste is heavenly.
The Hyper Super-Magical Cookies of Friendship! Feed them to RR members and watch them perform acts of insanity and stupidity that are deemed unthinkable and uncivilized by well-adjusted normal members of society!

[Image: DSC01019_zps076a3a03.jpg]

[Image: DSC01119_zps799b85f1.jpg]

I know where to buy them now. LOL