The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LOL LOL LOL

red astray without a katana is just an ordinary astray!!!

desintegration X damage!!! Ninja

LOL LOL LOL
My last project.

[Image: pose5.jpg]

[Image: pose1.jpg]

[Image: pose2.jpg]

[Image: pose3.jpg]

[Image: pose4.jpg]

Next up will be the First Grade ZAKU's from GSD.
A black Gaea... awesome. Big grin
Ouch. parang na bypas ako..

BTW fox, nice paint job on the black gaea.

repainted the katanas already(tho it lost lots of its luster..). don't know how to use clear spray paints tho. anybody?
di mo na kinulayan yung ulo no?
My dreams of painting my gaea in black is over....... good job.
<!--QuoteBegin-Doom Trigger+Feb 1 2007, 02:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Doom Trigger @ Feb 1 2007, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> HELP, anybody!!!!

I've just purchased tamiya clear spray paint, to finish up the paint job(more lyk marker job) of my red astray's sword. to my horror it disolved almaost all of my hard work(damn stupid@#! Chair ). Well the sword is ruined Bye , but I'm not giving up(200 bucks for dat), my question is how to use clear spray paint(how and when to use it).. anybody? [/quote:9d951a5b1e]
I think i know what your problem is. You probably used acrylic paint as the base for the sword and the clear spray paint you used was enamel or lacquer-based.

Hehehe, talagang kakain nung enamel yung acrylic pag ganun.

On the lighter side of things, here's something that a friend's cousin auctioned off last year. Sayang ano?

[Image: unknownmobilesuit.jpg]
Tnx 4 d reply fox Roll eyes ! think i'll be more cautious nxt tym. so I have to use acrylic paint for clear finishing?

Wow, what is up with that mech(besides it's uber kewlness)? BTW where did that mech came from? anime? it kinda looks lyk a rayearth mech design..
<!--QuoteBegin-Doom Trigger+Feb 6 2007, 02:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Doom Trigger @ Feb 6 2007, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Tnx 4 d reply fox Roll eyes ! think i'll be more cautious nxt tym. so I have to use acrylic paint for clear finishing?

Wow, what is up with that mech(besides it's uber kewlness)? BTW where did that mech came from? anime? it kinda looks lyk a rayearth mech design.. [/quote:cb3c4cd4fa]
Umm, not really. Just don't use enamel over acrylic. Enamel is oil-based and acrylic is water-based so they really don't mix.

Waittaminit. You can layer acrylic over enamel, since its lighter, not just the other way around.

That mech? Hmmm, i really dunno because the pic was just forwarded to me. I think it's one of the Masoukishin mecha from Cybuster.

Okay, here's my last project after the black Gaea core i built, which i named Cygnus. These FG ZAKUs were real bastards to paint, since i had to work with a bare minimum of equipment. I think they turned out pretty well though.

[Image: Zakus.jpg]
Left to right - Lunamaria Hawke's Gunner ZAKU Warrior, Yzak Joule's Slash ZAKU Phantom, Athrun Zala's ZAKU Warrior and Rey Za Burrel's Blaze Zaku Phantom.

I know that Lunamaria's ZAKU is supposed to be in dark red but i personally felt that it was too damn dark, so i painted it in clear red.

Next one will be that Powered GM i bought last summer, if i ever get some time to paint the darn thing.
Again sir fox, tnx for the reply. Thank goodness that I did'nt made that mistake with one of my MG kits(that would be hell Chair ).

Nice work on the zakus! BTW are those 1/144? Cuz if they are you realy went through hell to paint them LOL .
Yeah, 1/144 First Grades. You know, the ones they sell for only php299.

One problem i have with all my models are that the seam lines are all evident. I'm not skilled enough to use putty to fill in the seams so any kits i build all have visible seams.
wow... ingit ako

galing... kudos to you guys
Huh..? Wait, P299.00 na lang uli yung 1/144 scales? Dati kasi P299.00 naging P350.00 tapos naging 390-400 php na. Jason
<!--QuoteBegin-Goatling+Feb 6 2007, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goatling @ Feb 6 2007, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Huh..? Wait, P299.00 na lang uli yung 1/144 scales? Dati kasi P299.00 naging P350.00 tapos naging 390-400 php na. Jason [/quote:ba7ce18855]
Whoa, php299 ba yung nalagay ko. Lemme clarify that:

Lunamaria's Gunner ZAKU Warrior - php399 (Toytown Glorietta)
Yzak's Slash ZAKU Phantom - php349 (Bestoys Virra Mall)
Athrun's ZAKU Warrior - php249 (Toy Kingdom Virra Mall)
Rey's Blaze ZAKU Phantom - php399 (Toytown Glorietta)

Sorry for the confusion. Iba-iba prices sa mga stores but the cheapest usually are found in Greenhills.
some pics i took while painting selena.
*first pic is the coating process. I applied one coat then let it dry then add another one. it took nearly five or more coats for most of the white parts because the plastic was too dark.
*in second pic are some of the hand painted parts.
*last one is adding the finishing touches and assembly.
[Image: un-mk.jpg]
What brand of spray paint do you use? Most of the white stuff that i've tried doesn't adhere to plastic that well and they also get thick enough to obscure the details when i use more than three coats.

One reason why i rarely use white in customizing models.