The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow 650php(prety cheap[lucky]), is that 1/100? I know I knew a site that posted scaned assembly manuals, I'll just get back on you on that(I forgot the website.. Unsure )
Yeah, 1/100 HGs. Already finished them last week. Still haven't gotten new batteries for my digicam so no pics yet. The Freedom looks the same as in the series, as i had no time or energy to customize it but the Providence is a different story. I managed to borrow a couple of discs with the episodes that had the Providence in it and it looked pretty metallic to me.

I decided to go ahead and just give it a coat of silver. It looks a bit darker than it does in the series but it's enough for me. I'll see if i can't get a few pics of them up in a few days so you can see for yourselves how i ruined a perfectly decent model. Tongue
[Image: RedAstray.jpg]

Finished..
I'll post more in dept pcs when able.
[Image: firce1.jpg]
ready to rock

[Image: luhod.jpg]
extremly posable

[Image: likod.jpg]
[Image: back.jpg]
this is wat i did at da back

[Image: shild.jpg]
w/ shield

[Image: dual.jpg]
[Image: duala.jpg]
[Image: dualb.jpg]
dual wield

[Image: taunt.jpg]
want sum?

As you can tell, the sword is totaly trashed and some of the paint is half-assedly done.. oh well..
Hmmm i suggest you buy styrene then create a new blade for the sword.
Good job on the painting. Most of my old gundam models were half done as well, i made a lot of mistakes but the learning experience will add up.
@J.E.:

Oh well, that project was doomed to begin with anyway(with many set backs and major wastes), I'm just glad that it's done and I can move on.

[Image: closet.jpg]
(right pile and all AC's unfinished)

I just hope I don't screw up on MG's and AC's(and thats a lot). I might buy additional "cheap" kits just to practice on(para mag leve-up, hehe)..

So abt the styrene sheets.. where can I buy em?
I buy them from a local hobby shop. Baka dyan meron din. It looks something like this: <a href='http://www.hlj.com/product/EVG9010' target='_blank'>http://www.hlj.com/product/EVG9010</a>

Tnx for the info.. Me think I'll make time for this project soon.
Pretty good <a href='http://www.dannychoo.com/blog_entry/eng/1042/Armored+Core/' target='_blank'>AC model kit pictures</a>

Sample:
[Image: 10114.jpg]

Did the designs featured in the linked set just come out recently?
Jack O looks... Jack O.

Putang ina yung scopedog, may kasamang VOTOMS para sa PS2. 2,000 pesos na lang oh! Lecheng shipping costs.
another pic w/ blue astray..

[Image: bvsr.jpg]

the blue astrays paint job is still unfinished tho, having second thoughts if i'll continue the the new paint job..
Great pics dude. Although i'm not really sure about making the Red Frame go up against the Blue Frame. Ever thought of getting a Gold Frame Amatu Custom to complete the series?

It'd be better if you posed both the Blue and the Red against the Gold a la the intro for SEED MSV. Big grin

Christ, how'd you pose the the Blue Frame's Tactical Arms over it's shoulder like that? Just getting that thing to stand up was a real problem on my end when i got done painting my Blue Frame (of which i'll be getting up pics when i log-in again sometime in the next century) and built it.

Anothe question - i've been looking all over for a couple of the kits from SEED MSV, namely the Dreadnought Gundam (Prea Reverie's machine) and the CGUE DEEP Arms (Shiho Hahnenfuss's machine from the Second Battle of Jachin Due). Any sightings of those one?
Holy feth, that Foxeye looks really...clean. Tongue

Seriously, great paintjob on that one (whoever did it). Nicely blended with just the right amount of weathering. As for the pics in the link, well, let's say they just made my day.

Now if only someone would get some of those kits in the shops here in the islands...
@Fox Ever thought of getting a Gold Frame Amatu Custom to complete the series?

DT :well since I got both blu and red astray me thinks might as well go gold.. yet I'm getting hesitant Unsure abt the whole idea cuz.. well you'll see when I post the repainted blue astray soon..

@Christ, how'd you pose the the Blue Frame's Tactical Arms over it's shoulder like that?

DT: I'll just leave you a tip and leave the imagination to you: Look at the back of the astray(the one which holds the jumbo sword in its wing form) closely.. lets just say it has other purposes Shifty .

My nxt project is duplicating some of the MG parts for use of my other non MG kits(resin casting).. I'll be studying this thoroughly b4 I give this a go.
repainted blue astray

[Image: astraynew.jpg]

not bad(sa tingin ko) for my first try of repainting an assembled kit?