The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beautiful, simply beautiful... although i can't help but feel that i've already seen some of those parts on some other kit...

What's the price tag for that one?
@Clonezero: I feel the same way as you do.... *sob* *sob*

i regret that i bought an AC HOGIRE from wasabi toys *sob*
Whoa, you have a HOGIRE?!?!?! I've been looking for one of those for months now!

Show them pics! SHOW THEM PICS!!!

If you regret buying it, i'm more than willing to buy it from you. Wanna meet up? I'll make it worth your while. Big grin
EDIT:

Fox here's my HOGIRE and sorry bad quality T_T
[Image: P0022-1.jpg]
[Image: P0020-1.jpg]
it took me 6 MONTHS to get this kit
Hi guys. Don't mind me, just posting some pics of the ASTRAEA kit I assembled several months back. Thanks to FOX for helping me find it by accident. XD

The kit was assembled straight out of the box. Used a Real touch marker for its panel lines, painted most of the gray parts with Gundam marker+brush, and detailed tthe eyes with Light green Gundam markers. The Decals are excess ones from a WING Ver. Ka.

GUNDAM ASTRAEA:

[Image: th_DSCF1037.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1053.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1051.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1050.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1046.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1036.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1043.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1039.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1034.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1031.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1033.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1032.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1030.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1028.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1026.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1027.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1024.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1021.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1018.jpg][Image: th_DSCF1022.jpg]
Again, nice detailing on an otherwise lack luster kit! Makes me wana work on my currently stagnant project..(but then again, I wish I have the tym)
Awesome job!

Hey Trace, just wondering...

...how much did you PAIDED for that model kit? LOL
If that's the 1/100 kit, i'm betting he PAIDED around php1499 for it.
The suit which cause my thumb to bleed...

Here are some pics of the 1/144 00 and 1/144 0-Raiser that i've been working on for a couple of days now. Painted in white, royal blue and clear red with gunmetal gray for the metallic parts plus panel lines done by a .04 pen. It would've been finished a day earlier except for the storm which kinda hampered the drying of the paint. The model itself wasn't tough at all to build, although considering the size, it does have a nice amount of details on it.

Pictured kit no longer has any of the blood spilled on it.

[Image: DSC02597.jpg]

[Image: DSC02598.jpg]

[Image: DSC02600.jpg]

[Image: DSC02607.jpg]

[Image: DSC02611.jpg]

0-Raiser
[Image: DSC02618.jpg]

[Image: DSC02619.jpg]

00-Raiser
[Image: DSC02623.jpg]

[Image: DSC02625.jpg]

[Image: DSC02627.jpg]

[Image: DSC02628.jpg]

Weather permitting, i hope i can get work started on the Arche soon.
Nice work on 00Riser Fox. Nice to know that my action base got used for all that is good.
Well, it was put to good use, since that kit was the main reason i got it from you. The other one's being used right now. I'd show you but i still haven't taken any pics of the Arche yet. Maybe later.
Bored, bored, bored, bored...

Pictured here is the Arche i picked up along with the 00. This kit was finished around three weeks ago but i realized i never got around to taking any pics of it. So here. Tongue

The mech for everyone's favorite insane warmonger gets a bit of a recolor here. The color-coded instructions in the manual called for the model to be painted in a magenta-like Rose Red shade, which was a bit too pinkish for me. So instead of going that way, i decided to spray this one in crimson red instead. The joints also called for them to be colored in this weird shade of greenish-gray, which was really hard to mix, thus i had to settle for the closest gray i was able to come up with.

The white parts are a bit of an experiment. An uncle of mine who took up Fine Arts back in college said that he used to substitute nail polish for paint in some of his projects. Taking his suggestion, i used plain white nail polish for the white parts in the core fighter, the shoulder pauldrons, the stabilizer tips on the Fang pods and on the toes. The colors ended up pretty well although the smell of nail polish took a while to dissipate from the model.

[Image: arche01.jpg]

[Image: arche02.jpg]

[Image: arche03.jpg]

[Image: arche04.jpg]

[Image: arche05.jpg]

[Image: arche06.jpg]

[Image: arche07.jpg]

[Image: arche08.jpg]

[Image: arche09.jpg]

Well, that's that.
Once again, nice work. I like the last shot the most, epic! Those action bases are frikin awsome, it almost makes me regret selling themLOL. But in all fairness those kits deserved the bases.
Hahaha, just shows that being a bum does have its merits.

Aaaaaand getting to the point...

[Image: sefirah01.jpg]

[Image: sefirah02.jpg]

[Image: sefirah04.jpg]

[Image: sefirah05.jpg]

[Image: sefirah07.jpg]

[Image: sefirah08.jpg]

[Image: sefirah09.jpg]

[Image: sefirah10.jpg]

[Image: sefirah11.jpg]
This is no plus-monkey, boy! No plus-monkey!

[Image: sefirah12.jpg]

[Image: sefirah13.jpg]

[Image: sefirah14.jpg]
The Nephilim makes a guest appearance.

[Image: sefirah15.jpg]

[Image: sefirah16.jpg]

Finally, after acquiring the U5 kit back in January, unit 5 has now been completed. I've always wanted to do a kit with the U5 core and the S2 legs and now seemed as good a time as any. This is also gonna be the last all-Crest frame that i'll be doing, as the remaining two frames i have will be composed of both Mirage and Crest parts.

Ever since doing the white-and-silver Astraea last year, i've been itching to make another white frame, although i wasn't too sure as to what to use as the trim. I first thought of using red as the frame although i wasn't too sure how it would turn out. After getting some recommendations from our other kitbuilders, this was the final product. Too bad that these pics don't really get the shinyness of the gold parts.

With units 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 completed, it's just the sniper and the terminator left to build.
excellent job fox!