The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After 2 acrylic inhaling weeks, I've finally finished the chassis~!! YAY!
Kaso, some of the paint gets scratched off easily, as if it's asking for a laminate [And Hell I'll Do It!].
Most of the scratched parts are yellow, and I'm dry out of yellow. isang stroke na lang yata yun, kulang pa sa syura. ack.
I also made booboo gaps from the painting, most of them are in the shoulders. medyo mahirap kasi.

Gusto nyo ng punchline? I told this one to Fox last time.
'Hanap ulit magtrabaho para magkapera, ok lang kahit ma-terminate ulit ako, basta umabot ako ng 1 month para sakto yung backpay.'
(01-30-2009, 06:27 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]I am only amused at your creativity LOL

aaah thanks ?

now to figure out how to paint this Ninja
Personal tip:
DO NOT USE TAMIYA ACRYLIC PAINT WITHOUT USING PRIMER FIRST.

For coloring tips, consult the game itself.

Or kung gusto mong maging artistic, itayo mo lang, tapos i-sprayan mo ng bara-bara.
Pare, abstract labas nun. Lahat ng tao magtatanong kung ano yan.
If you're a lazy bastard like i am, stick to aerosol lacquers (spraypaints). Takes less time to coat kits and spreads much more evenly than handbrushing them. The problem about them is the cost, since you're gonna be paying more than php100+ per can, as opposed to the cheaper enamels and acrylics that come in liquid form (php40-60 per small-sized can) but are trickier to use since it's way easy to overcoat a kit. It's also really easy to see the streaks left by the brush, if you're not careful in distributing the paint. The only other saving grace that i find for liquid paint is that it's way easier to create custom colors by mixing paints, unlike lacquers where you only have a set range of choices to pick from.

It's usually best to prime your kit before going for the main colors. If you don't have access to primer, you can use either flat gray or flat white paint as a primer substitute. Gray is best used for parts requiring dark colors while white works well for bright or plain colors.

If you're gonna be spraying your kits, make sure that the first coat will leave only a slight dusting of paint. The first coat should only be light enough that it appears powder-like on the kit. Allow at least fifteen minutes of drying time before putting on the next coat, gradually building up the color until you've got the desired coverage. Around three to four coats should be enough.

Another tip would be to never layer enamel paint over acrylics. Since acrylics are water-based and enamels are oil-based, the enamel would be strong enough to eat through the acrylic, this ruining the kit's exterior. If you do plan on using both types on a single kit, make sure you use enamels for basecoating and acrylics for detailing. Better yet, use just one type for the whole thing.

@Nerese
Were those acrylics you got last week? I thought they stuck pretty well to the plastic even without being primed? Yung nagustuhan ko lang sa Tamiya na pintura noon eh yung amoy, hindi yung presyo. Big grin
(01-31-2009, 01:41 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]@Nerese
Were those acrylics you got last week? I thought they stuck pretty well to the plastic even without being primed? Yung nagustuhan ko lang sa Tamiya na pintura noon eh yung amoy, hindi yung presyo. Big grin

Yeps. But the ones that stick good are the sprays. They get scratched off easily, either that or the paint's still wet-soft when I posed it, hence scratching a few areas with the paint..

The good thing though is that the parts scratched are silver...
The placements made it look battle damaged. kaso ayoko nun.

Anyways, make sure that you mix the brush requiring acrylics first. Or else, they'll end up real wierd after painting. I used flat colors and they ended up glossy.
Hello fellow AC modelers! Here's a little site that I stumbled upon while thinking about what I want to do with the AC kits I currently have...

http://hobby.dengeki.com/ac/index.html

I'm pretty sure Nerese and Fox will get a kick out of this one. XD don't forget to scroll all the way down and check the second page. Happy You'll jizz in your pants!

I wanna try and construct this one in particular. I just lack the head and core parts LOL --
http://hobby.dengeki.com/ac/images/04/04_03-1.jpg
I seem to remember J.E posting some of these pics a few months back but you can still consider me kicked. Kudos to whoever built the white AC with the custom head and the HELIOS core, that was really good.

I especially liked the white AC with the S2 legs and ATLAS core.
Aww... Time to make new custom mods for my AC, methinks. XD

<--Shrinks back into his corner.
hmm... I've been thinking of making model kits again... since I've never tried painting one bec. I'm afraid that I would screw it up... can you give me tips on how to paint a model kit? and... what kind of materials to use... I'm planning on using "bosny" spray paint
Ang mga pinakamagagandang AC SAO.

[Image: th_G01.jpg] [Image: th_G02.jpg] [Image: th_G03.jpg]

[Image: th_G04.jpg] [Image: th_G05.jpg] [Image: th_G06.jpg]

[Image: th_G17.jpg] [Image: th_G12.jpg] [Image: th_G07.jpg] [Image: th_G08.jpg]

[Image: th_G09.jpg] [Image: th_G10.jpg] [Image: th_G11.jpg]

[Image: th_G13.jpg] [Image: th_G14.jpg] [Image: th_G15.jpg] [Image: th_G16.jpg]

[Image: th_G18.jpg] [Image: th_G20.jpg] [Image: th_G21.jpg]
http://ravenrepublic.net/gallery/thumbna...p?album=24
Finally, My AC's Pics are up~!!

[Image: 1317833835l.jpg]

[Image: 1514610770l.jpg]

[Image: 1541478472l.jpg]

[Image: 1652207514l.jpg]

[Image: 1841482955l.jpg]

[Image: 1966449043l.jpg]

And a pic of my room...
[Image: 1608651216l.jpg]

Boo~!!
lol at the 3rd to the last post nice!!!

@ 2nd to the last post I had a bad feeling some poor mech was gonna get fisted XD
LOL! same here! blue astray looks a little skinny! LOL
Holy shit, as much as it doesn't look like the gritty old style Armored Core I usually prefer, Noblesse Oblidge looks soooo good. It might even be better than the White Glint model kit depending on your taste.

[Image: noblesse_oblige_front2.jpg]

[Image: noblesse_oblige_action1.jpg]

[Image: noblesse_oblige_front1.jpg]

[Image: noblesse_oblige_back1.jpg]

Notice it comes with a Rosenthal Rifle (R100R) and Assault rifle (R102), meaning this baby was destined to dual wield those guns! See those stabilizer parts? I imagine this kit will be a damn pain to assemble.

Noblesse Oblidge is scheduled for a September or October 2009 release.
Nosebleed

that's one nice kit *looks at empty wallet*
*sob*