The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Figures/Model Kits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fucking amazing Fox. you never cease to be awesome.
Love the details on the legs Fox. Jaguars rock.
wow! nicely done, the black and red color scheme really suits together. nice!
oh yeah, since i am planning to do some models (AC actually), can u guys give me some tips on assembling one?
Thanks for the comments, guys. Feels pretty good to be cracking down on all those unfinished concepts, after being inactive for the latter part of '08. I'm currently working on another one, this time comprised of the following parts:

EYE or EYE2 (still haven't decided yet really)
URANUS
71S2
COUGAR2

No final load-out on the weapons just yet but i was thinking something along the lines of a siege-type machine, with incendiary and shell weapons. Which means i might be putting flamethrowers and grenade launchers on the arms and either rockets and missiles or more 'nades on the back. Color scheme will end up being either bronze/silver or pale gold/silver. Most probably, i won't be able to finish this one until after the Vigan trip though.

@Jack-O
Can't really think of any tips right now. I'll try to do a little write-up for you when i have the time. You can also try to wait for the kit-making guide that Leperdude, Sforza and Trace have been conceptualizing. Best advice for this one though is that you can't really expect your first piece to come out as a masterpiece, especially if you're just starting out. I found out the hard way that you really hafta build up experience with a bunch of your first few kits before you start turning out really good ones. You know how the saying goes - You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs

Mmmmmm, egg salad sandwich...

Hell, i've been with this hobby for almost a decade now and i'm still pretty much a noob. Tongue
oh yeah how to use the gundam markers?? based on my knowingness, it's for marking the small details on a model kit, uhmmm like a sign pen I think? and also the files?????!
Hey Fox! Ijust saw the finished kit you made and it's really very nice.Salute

Looking at the pic of the ac from the screencap, the red parts look brighter. maybe it's just my eyesight getting poorer XD Good work with the detailing too! I think you're ready to start with cementing and modding AC parts now.
Sweet~
Red and Black never fails to amuse me...

Yung ulo nya, parang malaking labi...
Wai! my turn to post a kit. I think DT will like this one. Salute

This was a restoration project request from my friend. He bought this kit already assembled and had a lot of broken pegs. There were also some really think panel lines that needed cleaning up. The overall assembly was pretty good though; only a few parts from the kit with excess plastic from srue pegs needed trimming. The Decal application was a bit difficult because when I got the kit, the decal sheet was exposed (its wax paper backing was missing) so I had to clean out the dust and dirt that stuck to the decals with a sharp cutter. >_< Only minimal panel lines were added to the finished kit to make it look more "clean".

MG AILE STRIKE:
[Image: th_MGSTRIKE0101.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0102.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0103.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0104.jpg]

[Image: th_MGSTRIKE0105.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0106.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0107.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0108.jpg]

[Image: th_MGSTRIKE0109.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0110.jpg][Image: th_MGSTRIKE0111.jpg]

That's it for now. I'll try to post my AC kits soon~! Salute
Wow! too much awsomnessWorship! Nice work guys!
Here's another kit that a friend asked me to restore. It was bought a few years ago and it didn't have a core fighter and decals so looking for replacements took longer than the actual physical restoration. the application of the marking seals were bleh... Something I believe Cabs can relate to. LOL Some of the joints were a bit loose (something I was expecting since this kit's joints are mostly ABS to ABS connections) so I had to strengthen them a bit with extra plastic.

MG CROSSBONE X-1 ver. Ka:

Restored core fighter:
[Image: th_XBONE0105.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0107.jpg]

Weapons:
[Image: th_XBONE0108.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0109.jpg]

Front and back view:
[Image: th_XBONE0110.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0111.jpg]

Some close-ups and action poses with the unit's different weapons:
[Image: th_XBONE0114.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0115.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0117.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0119.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0120.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0122.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0124.jpg]

KICK~!
[Image: th_XBONE0125.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0126.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0127.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0129.jpg][Image: th_XBONE0130.jpg]

[Image: th_XBONE0132.jpg]

I hope this is enough for now. Must get back to my Uranus AC~!LOL
Excellent work, comrade! That kicking pose on the Crossbone was pure coolness. I'll be waiting for pics of that URANUS then. Big grin
Haha~! I like that kicking pose too. Happy I only have to finish assembling the body, legs and head, and I'll be ready to post pics of that AC. ^o^/
Yeah, the kick was awesome Tongue I like the way you posed the unit with the different weapons too, and it looks like you did a good job with the joints from the kick post Tongue

Fox your AC looks awesome I think it should be in an AC game XD
ganda ng mga collection pics nyo master =)

im not worthy T_T