The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-23-2009, 12:54 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/05/21/%E2%...rchbishop/

"We did know what child abuse was a crime!", sez retired Catholic archbishop. Said bishop has already spent millions of $$ in settlements on behalf of his diocese.

....Right.

this deserves five Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
(05-23-2009, 06:35 PM)Hempire Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2009, 12:54 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/05/21/%E2%...rchbishop/

"We did know what child abuse was a crime!", sez retired Catholic archbishop. Said bishop has already spent millions of $$ in settlements on behalf of his diocese.

....Right.

this deserves five Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

Ultimate version.

[Image: facepalmh.jpg]
Ice cream the solution to world peace..? Nah.

Christine Avendaño, PDI Wrote:By Christine Avendaño
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 21:19:00 05/24/2009

Filed Under: Politics, Graft & Corruption

MANILA, Philippines -- Maybe an ice cream treat can cool heads amid the heated exchanges between Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile and Senate Minority Leader Aquilino Pimentel Jr. over the handling of the ethics case against Senator Manuel Villar Jr.

Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri said on Sunday he would be ready to host a meeting between the two Senate leaders over ice cream, saying he hoped that the word war between them—which sizzled during the weekend—would not spill over to the floor at the resumption of sessions on Monday.

“I don’t know what will happen (on Monday). There might be war in the Senate but I hope there won’t be,’’ Zubiri told radio station dzBB.

Pimentel is due to deliver a privilege speech at the Senate on Monday that is expected to only further fuel his feud with Enrile.

On Sunday, sparks continued to fly as Enrile and Pimentel traded barbs in separate interviews in radio anchor Nimfa Rogado-Ravelo’s program over dzBB.

The two had been openly squabbling following the decision to investigate Villar for alleged unethical behavior by the Senate acting as a committee of the whole with the minority bloc protesting what it said were unfair rules that were adopted.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnew...g-senators

....Right.

His last name fits him quite well...
Hayden Kho Blacklisted in Bohol
“Boholanos and Filipinos, known for our religious fervor and values, see this as an affront to our collective spirituality and culture, for our province in particular, and our country in general,” the resolution read.

Source

Hayden Kho Blacklisted in Palawan, too. (Sauce)

I see hypocrites~ Big grin
Politicians and the mass media seriously need to shut up about it already.
(05-26-2009, 08:19 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Politicians and the mass media seriously need to shut up about it already.

Cassie said it best.
Pustahan, sila mismo napanood na nila yan. >_>

O yeah, they're making a law that does blah to blah blah people. POLITICS. ELECTION YEAR. FACEPALM PLOX.
The gov't might as well go against the whole internets and pirates around the world if they wanna change anything. Hayden's one incident too little to affect society. I never understood why this whole incident is such a big thing.
(05-27-2009, 11:20 AM)maitreya Wrote: [ -> ]I never understood why this whole incident is such a big thing.

Because they're celebrities dude. It got blown up.
(05-27-2009, 04:39 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2009, 11:20 AM)maitreya Wrote: [ -> ]I never understood why this whole incident is such a big thing.

Because they're celebrities dude. It got blown up.

Political grandstanding too. It's elections again next year.
Problem is mas nagmumukha silang mga gago eh. LOL
(05-27-2009, 03:19 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Pustahan, sila mismo napanood na nila yan. >_>

O yeah, they're making a law that does blah to blah blah people. POLITICS. ELECTION YEAR. FACEPALM PLOX.

i gave up on the philippines when it comes to politics.....we might have a chance if hemp gets legalized for the masses, hemp fiber, the smoakables can come at a different time...just the fiber, to help out alot of people. So many products like plastics, wood, clothing, food, argh look @ sig i'm not in herb ranting mode/high =/

...but yea i Facepalm every election...you could see all the bullshit in the commercials as well as their platform and false and empty promises...BUSINESS AS USUAL =/
(05-27-2009, 03:19 AM)Shintetsu Wrote: [ -> ]Pustahan, sila mismo napanood na nila yan. >_>

Well, they won't react kung hindi pa. Pero ako hindi pa, wala din plans. Malas nila, kababalik lang ni Shinigami dun sa -ahem- discs ko...
Personally, I find this whole issue boring. They did it, some idiot leaked it, lawsuit here, lawsuit there. Di kasi sila nagiisip ng maayos eh.