The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-08-2008, 06:37 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]has this been posted yet?

Jap dude petitions to marry comic book character

Quote: A JAPANESE man has enlisted hundreds of people in a campaign to allow marriages between humans and cartoon characters, saying he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world".

Comic books are immensely popular in Japan, with some fictional characters becoming celebrities or even sex symbols.

Marriage is meanwhile on the decline as many young Japanese find it difficult to find life partners.

Taichi Takashita launched an online petition aiming for one million signatures to present to the government to establish a law on marriages with cartoon characters.

Within a week he has gathered more than 1000 signatures through.

"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world," he wrote.

"However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?"

Befitting his desire to be two-dimensional, he listed no contact details, making it impossible to reach him for comment to explain if his campaign is serious or tongue-in-cheek.

But some people signing the petition are true believers.

"For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love," one person wrote.

"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost," the person wrote.

Japan only permits marriage between human men and women and gives no legal recognition to same-sex relationships.

Japan's fans of comic books, or "manga," sometimes go to extremes.

Earlier this month, a woman addicted to manga put out an online message seeking to kill her parents for asking her to throw away comic books that filled up three rooms.

Chair No no Chair

[Image: facepalm1.jpg]

To the dude who wants to marry the character:

GET. A. LIFE.
Man, you have to draw the line somewhere.
Doesn't marrying a copyrighted character constitute some form of infringement or something like that?

That guy probably just needs to get laid.
(11-09-2008, 11:19 AM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Man, you have to draw the line somewhere.

Oekaki board's always there...

That happens when you spend too much time in caves on top of your mountains...
Puchit. Lumalabas ng kuweba at bumababa ng bundok nya kapag bibili nga manga at aattend sa comicons eh. Sino hindi madedevelop at masisiraan ng tuktok nyan?

Well Fox, Not unless he buys the copyright, and he gets laid...
IN HIS DREAMS.
Or the dude could have a manufacturer create a life-sized pillow/inflatable doll of his significant other, ensuring he'll at least have something to use for the official wedding ceremony, among other uses *wink wink*...

...I've said too much.

God, why am I even trying to imagine how he'd pull it off??? Chair
'Cause there's always that tendency in everyone?

Who knows. Fear
at least we know not attempting a dim witted effort at trying something that is nothing more than a waste of time that can be utilized in better ways Facepalm

overredundant emphasis repeated again for an added clarifying revelation
(11-11-2008, 12:03 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: [ -> ]Or the dude could have a manufacturer create a life-sized pillow/inflatable doll of his significant other, ensuring he'll at least have something to use for the official wedding ceremony, among other uses *wink wink*...

...I've said too much.

God, why am I even trying to imagine how he'd pull it off??? Chair

Hmm... I remembered that guy who married a barbie doll way back then... India I think.

Well anyway, at least we all know that we're still sane... Right?Ninja
(11-13-2008, 04:31 AM)Nerese Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... I remembered that guy who married a barbie doll way back then... India I think.

Link please! Ninja
(11-11-2008, 12:03 PM)Twin-Skies Wrote: [ -> ]Or the dude could have a manufacturer create a life-sized pillow/inflatable doll of his significant other, ensuring he'll at least have something to use for the official wedding ceremony, among other uses

IYOT TIME!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGfaQCY_bo4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGfaQCY_bo4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Fear
LOL how pitiful LOL
His name is tabo hahaha.
Quote:Inmate escapes German jail in box

A manhunt is under way in western Germany for a convicted drug dealer who escaped by mailing himself out of jail.

The 42-year-old Turkish citizen - who was serving a seven-year sentence - had been making stationery with other prisoners destined for the shops.

At the end of his shift, the inmate climbed into a cardboard box and was taken out of prison by express courier. His whereabouts are still unknown.

The chief warden of the jail told the BBC this was an embarrassing incident.

The prison authorities in Willich, near Duesseldorf, said the man, who was tall and broad-shouldered, had hidden in a box that was about 150cm by 120cm.

When the weekly express courier arrived to pick up several boxes of merchandise, the one containing the prisoner was also loaded into the back of the lorry.

Shortly after it had passed through the prison gates, the inmate made his dash for freedom by cutting a big hole in the tarpaulin of the lorry and jumping off.

The driver alerted the police after he noticed the tarpaulin flapping in the breeze.

The jail's chief warden, Beate Peters, said the man must have had accomplices outside the prison.

"As soon as the prisoner jumped off the back of the lorry his friends would have picked him up," she told the BBC.

"We have no idea where the fugitive is hiding. We assume that he is still in the county and is lying low before making his move."

Ms Peters said fellow convicts must also have known of his plan but that they would not talk because of a "code of honour" and because it is a criminal offence in Germany to help somebody escape from jail.

She said the incident showed that security needed to be beefed up urgently, something she had been lobbying for in the last few years.

"I was not surprised that an escape happened on my watch. For years I had been asking for more security guards from the government. But now they'll have to listen."

Who knew? It works!

[Image: mgscardboardboxpz0.jpg]
LOL LOL LOL