The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Teh interesting (non-PHL-related) news stub thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A man in Australia suffered scratched buttocks and shredded underpants wrestling with a kangaroo after it smashed through his bedroom window.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7932870.stm

'nuff said, really...
LOL Roger attacks. That dad was pretty kickass.
Chuck Norris for President...of Texas?

Quote:On Glenn Beck's radio show last week, I quipped in response to our wayward federal government, "I may run for president of Texas."

That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.

From the East Coast to the "Left Coast," America seems to be moving further and further from its founders' vision and government.

George Washington advised, "The great rule of conduct in regard to foreign nations is in extending our commercial relations [and] having with them as little political connection as possible." Yet the Obama administration just pledged $900 million in U.S. taxpayer-funded aid to Hamas-controlled Gaza and Mahmoud Abbas' Palestinian Authority.

Thomas Jefferson counseled us, "We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt." Yet the Feds have just skyrocketed our national deficit and debt by trillions of dollars, and it plans much more fiscal expansion with few expectations of resistance. Despite that George Washington admonished, "To contract new debts is not the way to pay for old ones," we keep borrowing and bailing, while we watch the stock market plunge further every time we do.

Compared to Dubya, he might not be such a bad idea Clapping
the thing is people may vote for him for reasons beyond politics Facepalm
(03-11-2009, 03:40 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]the thing is people may vote for him for reasons beyond politics Facepalm

REAL Chuck Norris Facts:

1. He's a Christian Fundamentalist
2. He promotes creationism
3. He's Texan.
4. He writes on World Net daily, know within the Blogosphere as a cesspool of rightwinguttery.
christian fundamentalist internet technology satellites earth....biillions of galaxies with billions of suns....so far no earth like planet.....YET...no other forms of life, suspend belief, doubt, have a pessimistic mind but optimistic will.............and herbs. Where does Chuck Norris in all of this? I dare not say it for my head might instantly explode.
Facepalm
Someone's high again. LOL
i kinda like to blurt out thoughts & concepts that rush through my head, it's hard typing using 6axis. there are a lot of gaps in those words...also it would help if u search for pale blue dot in youtube, also watch some bill hicks, carl sagan, j. krishnamurti....oh and don't forget watching 'cosmic voyage' by morgan freeman aka god. maybe i'll bring the videos @ the burger event....maybe herbs too??? hehe just joking.....or maybe not.....dun dun dun.... (^_O)......
edit---SEACH TEDTALKS in youtube, or go to www.ted.com/talks and have your mind blown, i recommend watching the tedtalks/conference video with herbs for the added boom to the bang in your head. START of with watching Mike Rowe, host in dirty jobs in discovery channel, ihe talks about the insights he got from his show and he also talks about his experience about being so wrong at what you think is right.
A crocodile bit off a schoolgirl's head (in the Philippines) after knocking over the boat she was riding in.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5385528

Tekken animal attacks continued. First it was Roger, this time it's Gon. Scary Sad

Actually, that's f*cked up. I didn't even know we had killer crocodiles here.
then the deadliest of em all......KUMA!!!!!! NO seriously he's a beast in tekken6!
(03-12-2009, 10:19 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, that's f*cked up. I didn't even know we had killer crocodiles here.

My friend has a croc farm. Literally. LOL
Quote:He said saltwater crocodiles, some bigger than a bus, are known to inhabit the lake, though attacks are rare.

Fear
New 'dracula' fish discovered

Quote:Zoologists say that the bones which hang down from the mouth of the miniature fish make it unique among the 3,700 known species of carp-like fishes, which lost their jaw teeth 50 million years ago.

The fish, which measures just over 16 millimetres in length, was discovered near Mogaung in Burma, the only place in the world it has been found.

Named after Count Dracula, from the Bram Stoker's novel, it is the only one of its kind to have bones which project through the skin, looking like real teeth.

Colourless and with a largely tanslucent body, the Danionella dracula is also missing more than 40 bones which would normally be found in the Cypriniform group of carp-like fishes.

Dr Ralf Britz, a zoologist at the Natural History Museum, in London, said: "This fish is one of the most extraordinary vertebrates discovered in the last few decades.

Roger and Gon attacking people, giant pythons that can swalllow you whole, and now a fish with fangs.

Mother Nature is one twisted lady Ermm

*Update on Brazil case*

Hmm, the doctor who was excommunicated is thanking the archbishop for the Church's decision.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ....abortion/

Quote:A doctor excommunicated by the Catholic Church for performing an abortion on a 9-year-old rape victim received a standing ovation during a national convention on women's health, according to a local media report.

Archbishop Don Jose Cardoso Sobrinho excommunicated the doctors who performed the child's abortion.

The response came during the opening ceremony of an event hosted by Brazilian Minister of Health Jose Gomes Temporao.

The newspaper O Povo reported that Temporao called on the audience to acknowledge the "brilliant" work done by a medical team in the abortion, performed in Brazil's northeastern city of Recife...

...Dr. Olimpio Moraes, one of the doctors involved in the procedure, said he thanked the archbishop for his excommunication because the controversy sheds light on Brazil's restrictive abortion laws. He said women in Brazil's countryside are victimized by Brazil's ban on abortion.

Some of the doctors vowed to continue attending church services, despite being expelled.

"The fact that I was excommunicated will not keep me from going to Mass, praying, conversing with God, and asking him to illuminate me and my colleagues in our medical team to help us take care of people in similar cases," one doctor said.

TV Globo reported that the child, who is from a town outside Recife, has stayed in the city to recover and to escape media coverage. Her current condition is not known.

Martyred for the cause of human dignity indeed.

Bravo, doctor. Bravo. We're not worthy

That's how you stick it to the man!Rock on
Horse bites off man's testicle

Quote:JAKARTA - An Indonesian villager had to be rushed to hospital after a horse bit off one of his testicles during a freak attack.

The 35-year-old man was unloading sand from a horse-drawn cart at a construction site in Sulawesi earlier this week when the attack occurred, Indonesia's state-run news agency Antara reported.

A witness said the animal suddenly lunged at the man, sinking its teeth into his crotch.

Shocked bystanders loaded the man into a car to take him to hospital, before one noticed a piece of flesh on the pavement.

"Luckily the horse did not chew up or swallow his testicle, but spit it onto the pavement," the bystander was quoted as saying.

"So I picked it up and brought it to the doctor at the hospital where the victim was being treated."

It was not know whether doctors attempted to sew it back on.

The 70-year-old owner of the horse, Budi, said the animal was trained but sometimes turned wild, and had bitten in the past.

Reading that news, this comes to mind...
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rN2U5wkhRWc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rN2U5wkhRWc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>