FROM Software and Famitsu have once again successfully hosted a live demonstration of the upcoming Armored Core V. The latest footage reveals more specific game mechanics and options. See the recorded video and a summary below.
- Demonstration of decal and emblem system similar to that in AC4 / ACfA
- Demonstration of booster movement and drain
- Energy refresh rates seem to be much slower than in previous games, but is balanced out having no drain from regular boosting whether on the ground or in flight
- Jumping (and wall-jumping) requires energy. Overboost drained a reasonable amount.
- 3 to 4 successive quickboosts sent the demo AC into charging state. But unlike the PS1 and PS2 era games, only around 30% of the bar had to be recovered to become functional again. Regular boosting is still possible during the charging state.
- Reverse-joints are back, still with exceptional jumping abilities.
- Game data is now saved onto an online server to prevent cheating/hacking and sharing of saved games.
Join the discussion at the Raven Republic forums for more info.