The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What did you learn today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Sforza
i learned it the hard way T-T i'll contact you next time i plan to buy something. thanks.
The SCP wiki is a is fun read, despite the considerable amount of disturbing material. 110-Montauk *shiver*

Scratch that I personally am afraid of SCP-504.
Akinator proves that if you ask enough questions you get your answer.

Tried an easy one first and it got Twilight on its second try.

Though it struggled when I had Citan in mind which it guessed at its third try. Got close on its second though with a guy named "Durban" from xenoblade who looks like a bit of a nod to Citan himself.

I wonder how they do it. Obviously involves a search engine and some other stuff.
hmm akinator guessed Menma, but took it 15+ questions XD

Naru Narusegawa..25 questions

Klonoa - 45 questions

also learned my dad watches hentai o.O dunno if that was a one time thing last night, or he's gotten bored with the usual stuff he watches O.o
The two times I've played the game it took 20 + questions for it to guess Twi and then double that for Citan. Generally not impressive if you ask me, what I am curious about is how they automated it.
CPO is Chief Petty Officer in Navy terminology.
^ I learned that in Halo XD

I always fall asleep whenever I get home now. As in lie down for a few seconds on bed then wake up five hours later kind of fall asleep ._.
I only learned today that holding shift + tab does a back-tab. O_O
Bazooka arms suck, and so do the NEXTs that use them.
Apparently, when using metal polish to shine things...the amount of dirt that is actually on the object is a LOT more than what it seems LOL
We use it to polish coins. Wait. You didn't join CAT in highschool?
[Image: ffpp_zps0688515c.jpg]

Deshi basara. Now I can have this chant ring in my head without making me think of food.

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBxywtW2Hbk[/video]
(10-15-2012, 06:17 PM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]We use it to polish coins. Wait. You didn't join CAT in highschool?

CAT was mandatory, becoming a CO was optional. All we did in CAT was march LOL
CAT was my ROTC. Haha. I was excused, but pretty active. Our section wins over the others even with just very few guys since most of my classmates were part of varsities and excused from CAT.
I learned that I'm half worker zombie half starving otaku when I'm at work. I found out that I can out that can instruct a part of my brain to carry out a repetitive laborious activity while not using much of my brain's processing capacity, while it's doing that I'm free to use the rest of the usable parts of my brain to brainstorm fan fiction to pass the day. It's like I'm two people at once. Ha, though the only time when I have to join together is when I have to go deliver my jobs to my supervisor because imagine of how I would walk if I was in zombie mode and Otaku me was still in the clouds.