The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What did you learn today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Singapore's awesome (at least in Discovery Channel's Living Cities series). '

believe me it is Happy

been there 3 times
2 times cause of family vacation stuff and another for the CG Overdrive Convention

actually its in my dream places

(place i want to live in the future:
1. California why? lots of opportunity for 3d/visual effects and such and theres a lot of flipinos that live there so i guess it wont be lonely XD
2. New York why? the "big apple" need to say more though it is one of the more expensive places to live in
3. Vancouver why? visual effects capital plus its near holly wood Tongue
4. Singapore Why? despite the languange difference, its clean very disciplined people, its a small country so i guess i wont get lost easily most of the people there can speak and understand decent english, CG overdrive is always held there, lots of opportunity for my career, lots of studios visual effects/3d/art is very well appreciated there heck some studios like lucas Film, Feng Zhu Design and Imaginary Friends have a studio there, pay is good actually, only down side is shops there close early so no more late night gimmicks XD

though if i ever move to any of these countries XD i need to find a place that allows at least 2 dogs since i love dogs and probably get at least 2 in the future Tongue)

to live in the future
Oohh! Feng Zhu. He was featured in the same documentary. He had good stuff
New Skill:Battle Damage lvl2? (Gun Shot) with the use of soldering gun. >Big grin
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Edit: This isn't related to what's been going on here. Tongue
Found out who the people in the Coke commercial were...

Clapping Clapping Clapping

This video makes more sense than the original >_>

Poor baby...
(02-18-2011, 07:22 PM)HayWire Wrote: [ -> ]Post
What did I just watched...? Hmm

Anyway, finally found out the origin of these strange phone calls that I have been gettin the past weeks - either some idiot (whom I don't know) in the nearby jail has gotten his/her hands on my phone number, or the Correctional Billing Services is trying to scam me.

Here is the details of the call:
"An inmate at the (insert jail name here) is trying to reach your number, there will be a charge to take this call. To accept the charge, press 1. To refuse the charge, press 2. To review the charge, press 3."

A quick internet search revealed that the charge amount is 9.00 USD, for a single phone call from the prison that is 10-minutes in length...
You have an admirer from prison. I meant to type in a lol... except that that isn't funny. =/
That gamefaqs covers their inability to see through things with elitism and hate. They only attacked the idea this time though lolol. LOL

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Someone saw through it. D:
(02-21-2011, 01:41 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]You have an admirer from prison. I meant to type in a lol... except that that isn't funny. =/

At least he doesn't have to worry about calling the cops because the guy's already in jail.
Got another call this morning, unfortunately I did not understand the inmate's last name, otherwise I would have looked the guy (yes it's a man) up on the prison's roster. At this time there are at least 10 people with the same first name as this guy, all named "Christopher". There's really no way to know if this is a scam, as the name "Chris" or so the person called himself is common in the local population.

On a lighter note, after hours of stumbling and exploration, I've learned to UVW Map textures to models in 3dsmax. That's a start. Roll eyes
[Image: crap01.jpg]

Wtf

o___o...
What tentacles? Rofl
Learned recently that my dad's dog knew how to dodge imaginary bullets. As I aimed my imaginary gun at it, the dog was alerted. The moment I fired the gun, it dodged and ran away asap as I fired and showed recoil from an improvised gun - a tumbler.
ahaha, cool pet ya got there. Take a video of it for the lulz!
LOL. That really weird, but funny at the same time.