The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MLP:FiM discussion and pic dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
mine would be
pinkie pie's last drink of chocolate rain
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/ja....html#more

"jayson you're too modest
we love lauren
but all the team deserves prasising too
it was a teamwork after all "

true XD

hmmm after reading Jayson's post it reminds me of what Micheal Bay had to do with transformers
well thats the whole point of a producer XD you get to call all the shots
Episode 3 izzat October 15.

Izzall I can say XD
hmm just did fairly a quick rough...i really mean rough...trot walk cycle test in flash few days ago...weeee finally know how to work flash uhmm more or less ...the animation part...don't want to learn to programming side of it (flash is used to make games and websites too) >_<...no i did not just copy paste or trace over like most people would probably would do just i actually broke down the animation by watching it few times over >_< into its fundamentals of animation of its 4 golden/key poses namely the contact, down, pass and up but since this is a 4 legged animal let me correct that...namely "back legs~front legs" contact - pass, down - up, pass - contact, up - down...to see on how many frames per second MLP:FIM is running on...there running 24 frames per second...

why this caught my attention this is also something rarely done for cartoon series...usually to save of budjet naka double per frame usually 24 frame per second is usually only done for animated movies or animated shorts >_<

another good reason the animations look so smooth for this one >_<

a little more light in what flash builds are

"http://bronytoons.com/"

and i emphasize "Each" Part...
let me list it down to give you a better idea
-clothes separate layer
-Legs...usually upper layer and lower layer...in this case that's times 2 since these are mostly 4 legged characters but i guess since the front legs work like arms as well no biggie i guess
-then the head is a separate layer including the head shape because you have to remember our lower jaw actually extends down a bit when we open our mouth..."common mistake for beginners including my self long time ago i keep forgetting to adjust the head shape when character talks before"...i mean just the head not including the hair
-hair depends on the complexity
-then this is where it gets really hectic...facial features XD eyes separate, mouth separate..nose as well...for every possible facial expression will have
...oh inkers or concept artist peeps this is where you come in...

downside it takes a while to do for pre-prod...but it is a life saver for later production period...it saves a lot of time...since once you have the builds made you can pretty much can control the character similar a 3d character...its just like your toggling switches on and off and just making quick adjustments rather having to draw it each time with out being sure if the quality will remain the same...

hmmm 1 yr pre-production or might be longer hmmm when i calculated when MLP:FIM came out, Top Draw's deadline Sched and Lauren's post regarding the pitch bible came out 2008...i guess that explains why the pre-production is close to typical movie length quality pipeline...they really planned this out

thats why its a hassle to do but great thing about flash builds are once you finally got all the common builds you need including facial animation unlike traditional...

since its already saved as a group/symbol you can just pretty much "call" the animations you need

hmmm for example you need twilight to go walk to point A to point B...in the next scene again
unlike traditional now where you probably have to draw it again with the help of flash you can just load that animation again to save on time

this show never cease to amaze me >_< damn ponies!
just noticed that Amuro may be a brony. i mean, just look at his logo on the Nu's shield XD
Pony folder's reaching 6 GB soon.

Have some cute.
[Image: 131752694687.png]

[Image: 131591265710.png]

[Image: 131591165378.png]
daaaaawwwwwwwwwwww
http://www.exterface.com/unicorn/

May or may not be related.
lol anyway

FRENCH FLUTTERGUY!

LOL
XD flutterguy in french XD
(10-04-2011, 04:32 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.exterface.com/unicorn/

May or may not be related.

MY EEEEYYYEEESS!!

I NEED BLEACH FOR MY EYES!!
I'll leave this here...
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIYM2IekUc[/video]
Capitalization.

*you're (I cringed reading that. Seriously.)

*random. (omg, why is it capitalized? D: )

It's already a quote... -.-;;

[Image: 131234860777s.png]

Have a d'aww
[Image: mlp__friendship_is_magic_by_jiayi-d4700o2-1.png]
(10-07-2011, 12:33 AM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...sS-ZH38nTU#!

ohh pinkie pie your so Random

cannot stop watching damn you
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36