The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MLP:FiM discussion and pic dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
@RF
hahaha yeah i can see that happening XD

(09-19-2011, 11:00 AM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]RF I like that idea :LOL:

As for me I wish they get Patrick Stewart to voice a simple side character then discord comes in keeps calling him jean luc while the pony of Patrick Stewart stares on confused as to what the hell discords talking about XP.

hahaha nice. tho i think it would be more hilarious if they got George Takei XD
o_O that would be a shocker ... *imagines george takei ponified * hello bronies ... *shiver*
http://windowponies.blogspot.com/

^______________________^

(needs .net framework v4)
what's this?
(09-20-2011, 01:41 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]what's this?
its a window sitter/mouse chaser thing

[Image: windowPoniesSS.png]

bleh photobucket sized it down. but you get the idea. also i usually have my windows all maximized, but had to make em smaller so the ponies can walk on top of them for this screenshot ^^

there's also another version by a different programmer that is more active. you can get it below:
http://desktopponies.co.cc/
i dled the second one and yes PONIES!!!

oh yeah

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/ra...am-at.html

LOL
XD

the one who has been uploading the "Evolution of the scene in MLP:FIM" is a pinoy animator from Top Draw XD ngayon ko lng na notice >_<
hmmm just a random idea XD while doing a random sketch of Discord earlier

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/art/Disc...-259799828
XD

http://roninfang.deviantart.com/#/d4aix47

sample story board from a part of a episode of mlp:fim from sibsy (her deviant account) the lead/senior story board artist of mlp:fim i think she also does illustrations for comics or random fanart as a sideline

hmmm almost the same format i also use for my story boards (though usually sa akin i dont clean it anymore since usually kasi the boss really dont care about my storyboards and such when i work on an animation and such since hindi naman sila animation studio) with slight differences but more or less almost the same so yeah i can understand Sibsy's story board very easily how to go about it

though notice ko for advertising mas prefer ng mga advertising studios vertical na story board rather the horizontal format don't know why though
anyways

things you have to remember when story boarding...the drawing doesn't have to be 100 exact to the pitch bible/character model whats important is long as you can understand what is happening and you can tell who is who so yeah its kinda normal sa mga story board the drawings aren't 100 perfectly exact sa pitch bible/character models

storyboard doesn't have to be colored (thats why most story boards aren't really colored no point coloring them since it will be used as a guide anyways)

every action (that includes any major facial emotion change, contact , down , pass (well usually no need to since its already understood) and up pose) you have to draw out to guide the animation production later on and i mean every action for every important part of the word in the line

so for example if you have the line:

"Welcome to Equastria, every pony!"

if for the whole line nothing much happens there is just pretty much one action then you would just have one panel for the whole line

but if you have some parts of the line you want to tell the animators something specific will happen like for say maybe at the point Equastria the character raises his/her arm then at the part Pony maybe he or she will smile then that line would take up around 3 panels instead of one...get the idea?

another tip when story boarding DO NOT MAKE THE CHARACTER DO AN ACTION FOR EVERY WORD IN THE DAILOGUE LINE...OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND...
why?
imagine we will use the same line

"Welcome to Equastria, every pony!"

Welcome "character raises arm"
to "character points"
Equastria "character maybe raises both arms"
every "character points"
pony "character points to another pony"

yeah imagine if that is animated...it looks wrong...it looks to "posey" (posey its kinda an animators slang for too much poses in a few seconds)...unnatural look around yourself do you see anyone doing a hand gesture for every single word that comes out of their mouth?

same problem happens if you do the opposite unless you have a good reason

Welcome to Equastria, Every Pony! "character raises arm and stays on hold for the whole line"

ang stiff naman tignan...no character >_<

so yeah just pick out the important words in the line and work your way from there

i think this story board is roughly 2-3 minutes worth of animation

usually in an animation production set up you have more than 1 story board artist actually working on one episode sometimes 4 people or usually 1-3 people per episode

for movie production its usually 5 or so and 1 head story artist

also when you work as a story board artist or animator you don't actually story board or animate all the episodes you just get assigned to certain parts or episodes...that is why if you closely at the ending credits every few episode you will have a different set of story board artist (well in some shows but in most shows they just mention all the story board artist para wala ng hassle)

XD making an animated show isn't as it looks does it XD "a lot of parents assume animation is EASY you just have to make them characters move T_T"

ep 2 is up

and oh yeah reading this as while my *muffin* slow internet connection loads the ep on youtube.
http://friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com
dang not yet done with my discord sketch XD

T_T

bwusit random realization when Toon City called few days ago

"they were asking size ko...because they might have a company jacket/t-shirt thing for conventions and such not sure if it will implemented but might..."

1. Ive been dreaming of this moment...T_T dati ko nga pangarap to work in this kind of industry...
2. Ive been waiting...you get the picture
3. all of my other friends in college kinda gave up on trying to get into the industry because they assume its a pipeline dream no point trying to break through "Give Up" hmm not in my vocabulary...and back in high school days...yes pinagtawanan din ako back in high school i will never forget that moment that last day of school "I want to be an animator (so technically not an animator but still same pipeline dream)...somehow ill get into the industry and be successful just you WAIT!...and whole class laughs" >_<...ughhh the neighsayers
4. now getting some random facebook replies from previous high school classmates..reaction nila "Holy shit! your about to actually do it Blink"
5. To prove and partly to talk XD wakekekekekekeke...yeah kinda prove i am worth hiring in the long run T_T

thing is colors ng Toon City is Blue...>_< great kulang na lng ung goggles "magkano kaya mag pa grado ng goggles XD"....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/145/facepalm2.jpg/

O_O how can that be didnt MLP come out after Einstein's death?
he's Einstein remember time is relative XP
my favorite lines from episode 2...
LOL

"we got the Liar, the Grump, The Hoarder, The Brute"

"aren't we missing some one? Congratulations Spike your the new Rainbow Dash!"

figures he is a "Loyal" apprentice true and true XD

"I thought we were never going to speak of this again"

"This is MY BOOK and i going to READ IT"...something like that XD

my fave would be
when fluttershy was asking Rainbow Dash if she can hold her down against her will
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36