The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MLP:FiM discussion and pic dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
not sure how much of the fandom is in uproar, but theres a petition already going around (link below is a reblogged one with a possible reason why Hasbro gave out the CND. anyway, didn't sign the petition.
http://captainbritish.tumblr.com/post/42...st-buck-no

this is more of a rant/wtf is this guy talking about?
Quote:Point is this. I feel the guys at Hasbro are acting quite like jerks in these last months. First they censore Derpy, then put an Alicorn Twilight in the show just to promote and sell a stupid toy, creating panic all around the fandom (I don’t have anything against Alicorn Twilight, but still). And now they make desist total fan-non-profit-projects.

first and foremost Hasbro is a TOY COMPANY. the purpose of a toy company is TO SELL TOYS. the reason Hasbro isn't very tight on the shows being streamed is due to the fact that they don't actually make money from the show. heck, fans have been asking Hasbro to release DVDs of the show. the whole show is practically one giant commercial.

Derpy issue, Fighting is Magic, "non-profit" projects, i'm along the same lines with this guy:
http://slugbox.tumblr.com/post/426469261...o-you-as-a
http://slugbox.tumblr.com/post/426477995...asbro-left
http://slugbox.tumblr.com/post/426484002...-like-your

Quote:This, from my point of view, it’s unacceptable.
They are not realizing that they are slowly destroying the fandom by only caring about their own image and interest. They still don’t realize they’re making the success they’re making because of Bronies.

i kinda feel bad, but at this point i laughed. MLP:FiM is Gen 4. FOURTH GENERATION. that means there has been three batches of this series before it. generation one came out 1982. Hasbro has been making money from this series LONG before the brony fandom came out, and before some of the members of said fandom were even born. then there's the fact that the fandom that came about IS NOT EVEN THE TARGET AUDIENCE of Hasbro. the toyline has already been successful long before the fandom got into the picture, and it prolly will be with or without it.

RAINBOW DAD
Lol that was a bunch of laughs. Ending could have been more convincing.
was Pinkie's NOOOOOOOO! thing a reference? Luke perhaps?
No you're thinking Vader
okay remember one of the bronies i mentioned that kept gripping about his course and such

1. is now shifting to MMA
...then see's his new artwork...still not so good...just the same thing over again

if he really thinks just shifting to the course he really wants is the solution but his output will still be the same...well the course wont do any good either companies/studios are after quality also :p

i dont know from the looks it it he thinks multmedia course = success...it doesnt work that way

2. he is excited he finally got his visa thing for singapore...
but heres the thing

when i asked did you even check for how much is the cost of living there? do you have a stable career yet or good enough to on the same level as the artist in singapore (and to be honest his current skill level after seeing his latest stuff....ang layo pa even to at least typical student level in singapore and doesnt look like hes putting real effort to improve his skills either he is too focused on multimedia is the best course etc etc)?

wala siya masagot >_<

i just told him you should have done careful planning nothing wrong about being fixated to going in living in a different country but DAMN IT DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START WASTING MONEY AND TIME
There's a leaked song from the final ep on Youtube. Go find it yourselves. LOL
I really like the songs specially the True Friend song.

Before there were 2 of each race in the main six but that changes now, so technically that balance is now broken. So what do they do about that? And this raises another question, how did Cadance ascend?

Now I have no issue with Twilight being a princess, but I am just curious as to what happens now???

Still Im sure a lot of jimmies just got rustled today! LOL
I am so behind on all dis. Needs mah ponies man, I needs mah ponies ;_;
Final episode of the season:

Straight haired Pinkie ;_;

[Image: Capture.PNG]
[Image: h412FAD04]

LOL

ROFL
had a meeting with group last week

next con were targeting SMX convention center at MOA

also this time we will try to invite Bronies outside the philippines to come like an actual full Bronycon

...so yeah voluntered to help with the art stuff as usual since thats my forte...and plus a random side job or something if i can help out daw...so partly if can help out din daw with "security a bit" in case magka physical na gulo though it rarely happens but just in case...but so far in these kinds of conventions i havent heard of anything happening like that yet........
(02-19-2013, 07:27 PM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]had a meeting with group last week

next con were targeting SMX convention center at MOA

also this time we will try to invite Bronies outside the philippines to come like an actual full Bronycon

...so yeah voluntered to help with the art stuff as usual since thats my forte...and plus a random side job or something if i can help out daw...so partly if can help out din daw with "security a bit" in case magka physical na gulo though it rarely happens but just in case...but so far in these kinds of conventions i havent heard of anything happening like that yet........

This has piqued my interests! Pls keep us posted!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36