The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MLP:FiM discussion and pic dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
remember i mentioned someone in the groups about he didnt like the course his dad picked

yey he stopped ranting now and shifted to multimedia arts

whats the downside...

eeer i dont see any improvement at all with any of his new art its still no good...

and everytime someone tells him to put more effort he just goes "meh i am bored"

he tries to do a simple background he feels frustrated and bg looks flat i give him the link to the perspective/vanishing point technique for background drawing...
one of his other friends commented

"what aiken said. didn't they tech you that in highschool? cuz they did in mine."

his reply

"they did but... well.... meh. "

...so yeah i told him " i already told you before just changing course even if you enroll in the most expensive multimedia arts course it the world it wont do any good if your not going even to put effort even in the simplest things such as this"

and yeah one his friends agrees

" I agree with Aiken. treat each drawing like a materpeice and don't do the wotk half assed." XD

thing is he may have finally shifted to multimedia course
and finally stopped flooding his fb with
"i hate my dad i didnt choose this course thing"
but the thing is his attitude is still the same

still doesnt put any effort at all in anything even a simple line art he doesnt put any effort effort at till now, like he is just letting time pass by sit back...and assuming i can get any art job i want because i graduated from an multimedia course even though my portforlio or skills are crap THUMBS UP

:facepaw:

and he also posted

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...3330_n.jpg

on his fb XD

well heres the thing

Movies are not made by one multi-media artist its made by a team etc etc yes all these are made probably by a multimedia artist BUT yeah each artist specialize in something to work together to create a movie, a video game etc etc even if you are multimedia artist you need to be good at least one thing...so i tried to explain it to him in ragnarok online term since he played ro before...think of multimedia arts you start out as a novice...sooner or later you have to specialize in something you cant be godlike in everything...

guy still doesnt get it and keeps saying multimedia art is best course...:facepaw:

yeah but if your still putting 0 effort and want to tackle every subject matter like you think your some sort of god...go to singapore because you think singapore is best country...without even being good at least one thing...since you spent all your college life in multimedia arts just sitting back thinking "i have a multimedia certificate i know my skills are crap and portforlio is crap but that doesnt matter cause i have a degree in multimedia arts now hire cause i wasted 4 years just sitting back and not work on improving my skills just to get a degree etc"

you know what i give up on this brony...tried to help...tried to be nice but no use ill just let ladyluck take its course let him learn the hard way if his attitude is still the same i wont be surprised if even if he finishes multimedia arts no one wants to hire him for anything :facepaw:
@clonezero

update for Phcon 2014
or SEAbronycon (since technically this will be a much bigger con...smx convention center this time and will be getting people outside of philippines to go)2014

...aw we didnt get John Joseco

but we manage to get one of the more known local artist that works for marvel
Wilson Tortosa to be exacy,
He is a local Marvel and Image artist. He did the Wolverine Manga, Battle of the Planets and others.

apparently he watches the show

...XD it would be such an honor working with some of the best in the industry on the day it self this is getting wickedly cool ^^

and previous boss for White Canvas Graphics he isnt a brony but yeah it was his bday last week so greeted him happy bdayand he was asking how i have been and so yeah told him mostly long term freelance projects for multiple indie groups/studios online so earning same as a full time job
then i asked if he doesnt mind giving talks in conventions etc though didnt mention it was for a Brony con i just said like one of those local comic/anime cons you see at megamall/smx etc

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHITE-CANVAS/148320563413

he doesnt mind and is willing to help out someway ^^ as long as tell him weeks before when and where the event will be, and the topics he needs to talk about during the event XD i guess having good relations with you previous boss/officemates etc goes a long way ^^

Damn that ending! Liquid Pride was shed! Domo
MLP:FiM starts airing in Japan today iirc.

OP is already out:
http://eqdmusic.com/

I wish it came with a loop option. Sad
Tongue

short version

same bronie that keeps complaining that he hates his course computer engineering thing...

gusto daw maging 2d artist/concept artist/motion graphics artist and work in singapore

*to be honest trying to get the same skill level as a those concept artist you see that work for big companies like blizzard etc and such alreay would probably take you years to achieve + graphic arts pa so yeah good luck na lng*

welp he finally shifted to Multi-media arts cause best course daw XD yeah madami ka nga pwede mapusakan from multimedia arts but its a very very broad subject you still really need to find what you want to specialize in

and now he is flunking most of his subjects because boring daw...

well thats college before you hit your majors you have to go through general subjects whether you like it or not tiisin mo na lng

so yeah currently he is under final probabotion and looking for another college to move to...

so far his record (so flunked from computer engineering course because he didnt want the course...so moved to Multi Media course the course he really wanted but currently flunking most of his subjects ...he hasnt hit the major subjects yet mostly general subjects pa lng... because boring daw and doesnt interest him...also he is just kinda laughing it off he has quite a number of failing subjects currently...excuse daw niya because he always gets scared daw everyone someone asks him to do this maybe an artwork challenge this or that...he gets scared...tinatamad na daw siya then eventually not interested in working on the art challenge and goes to playing random games...yeah your really not going to improve that way >_<...its normal for people to get scared but sooner or later you have to overcome)is not looking good because to be honest he really isnt putting any effort...he says he want to be really good at 2d art/concept artist but till am not seeing the "hard work" or "passion"...its like he is all talk but cant walk the walk

...so i really dont think college is now the problem here i think he should really blaming the college/course or proffessors...to be honest i think its really him with the problem

this is his da
http://lugiadriel14.deviantart.com/

he is pretty good with graphic design but thats pretty much about it
I'll just...

leave this here...

[Image: pony_gundam_unicorn_by_shepherd0821-d546se7.jpg]
[Image: pony_gundam_2_by_shepherd0821-d54f1gm.jpg]
[Image: pony_gundam_3_by_shepherd0821-d556zqi.jpg]
[Image: pony_gundam_4_by_shepherd0821-d566tj1.jpg]
[Image: pony_gundam_5_by_shepherd0821-d5c0f0j.jpg]
[Image: pony_gundam_6_by_shepherd0821-d5whlmb.jpg]
The sofa! XD

Edit:
Any suggestions on the cutiemark and the name?
http://masterminion.deviantart.com/art/U...-366169955
"Deadly Puck"

But then again of my few memory of personally meeting you, the one that stands out was that terrifying air hockey match we had at Jake's house. Scary as hell, I tell ya!

Anyway, jokes aside its your OC so you should know best. But based on your rants it should be something about about hard work, studying, and being a workaholic if you don't mind me saying it.

My suggestion: Midnight Study
Cutie mark: a bunch of open books around an oil lamp. You know like the saying "burning the midnight oil"
It's a little overwhelming to see Princess Celestia as Dendrobium Orchis.
Equestria Girls traiker came out and I have to say it was very interesting. I will be watching it to see for myself if its any good.
I've been on an anime/manga marathon for the past few weeks so I haven't checked on anything pony for quite some time...
[Image: tumblr_inline_mi6prxaot91qz4rgp_zps7c3440d8.gif]
(On a random note, I have over 80 reaction pics and gifs now LOL )

[Image: tumblr_miq68pKN6o1raf3v8o1_500_zps8b34d999.gif]
With regards to the MLP:EG Movie, it doesn't seem THAT bad but it looks like it's leaning towards being generically girly.
Looking for new pony songs that I can possibly cover - I found this while I was at it LOL

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36