The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: MLP:FiM discussion and pic dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Haywire might go daw sa con, TS cant since he has work

anyways anybody else going? or might go?
I'll decide by next week.

Oh yeah I just found why Fran from ACV sounded so familiar. She was actually Twilight Sparkle! (Tara Strong)

I have no idea why I just saw this now.LOL
Wha Shock Really?!
(01-19-2013, 09:44 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]Wha Shock Really?!

Double checked the credits in game, Fran/Tara is the first voice/actor mentioned.

Another fun fact is unless I missed something in game, you only get the full name of the characters in the credits. XP

About the new episode: I can understand why a lot of people didn't like it, the episode weakened Discord's image of being the ultimate evil in Equestria

Personally I liked it, and am more curious as to why it happened. A bigger bad or maybe a spinoff for Discords own twisted adventures or as some speculate the revival of an old flame.
(01-19-2013, 04:02 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]the revival of an old flame.
http://askprincessmolestia.tumblr.com/po...lestia-274 XD

liked it simply because it was a Fluttershy ep ^__^

but yeah, makes you think what's up ahead. princess celestia was preparing Twilight at the start of the series, and now getting Discord on their side...
for some strange reason i kinda found Discord "adorable" in this episode

" ultimate evil "

in my opinion XD well Discord wasn't really truly evil if you think about compared with the other previous villains
he was just very mischievous and his idea of fun is well chaos hence his name Discord
i guess he just needed a friend to point in the right direction to use his magic for good...well for most of the time LOL XD
Happy

...>_< also on a random note

somewhat one of the members in phbronies

keeps complaining he hates the course his dad forced him into which is computer engineering he wanted to be in multimedia arts, cause they make a lot of money daw, which in my opinion is not entirely true would still depend on a lot of things and he likes making art

almost once a week he keeps ranting in his fb wall...i think some of his other friends are already getting a bit annoyed already XD one of them already even message him already if he hates it so much mag shift course na lng siya LOL kaysa every week na lng mag rarant ka na lng its not productive anymore and getting annoying,

something in the lines i hate my dad, he wants to do art for a living

T_T been trying to tell him

1. then use your current knowledge/course to your advantage maybe do some freelance computer engineer related work to earn for short art courses while your still in college and your parents are still paying for all your expenses

2. T_T i suggested him try to be active in art/graphic related forums be invovled in the industry, thats how i learned a lot of game/animation design techniques and such that wasnt taught in college and got a lot of my proffessional freelance online work connections, do one freelance artwork studio online, i get recommended for a different studio, happy online client is happy with with the online work for them :3 they come back for more...^^ so currently freelancing online for 4-6 game studios with roughly 2 artworks per week deadline (might be expecting a few more after feb)^^ medyo nagiging kilala na ako online etc etc ^^

...but instead...he spends time making rants and not very nice art to go with it (which halata he didnt put effort in and just did out of frustration...anatomy is wrong, shading is all wrong etc)...T_T

...also did advice before he makes art do research first, study the anatomy of your subject etc etc...and he deosnt listen...T_T

3. i really dont know why he is so obsessed with Singapore yeah i do admit Singapore is a nice country, lots of game and animation studios etc etc...but dont limit your self to one country only Tongue

4. advice him to develop his art skills on his free time then to the points its good enough that studio or indie groups would be willing to pay for his art...but then again he keeps making not so good art just out of frustration........T_T i really didnt want to discourage him but i told and showed him a relatively simple but decent art from some of my favorite artist "if you want to paid for your art you have to show "quality" not quantity...because right now yes you do make art but i dont see the passion in it, i dont see the effort, its all born from just plain frustration..."

not sure if i did the right thing here if i encouraged or just discouraged him more...but yeah if he really wants to be a successfull artist he really got to let go of that frustration of his did picking a college course for him he didnt want...because currently its really showing in his art and even if makes a thousand artworks or so if this keeps up he really just wasting his time

5. also suggested him to do some volunteer work just to learn the ropes for the time being...but spends his time on ranting, playing LoL, bringing out his frustrations on artworks which halata he didnt put any effort in, he just did out of frustration etc...well you get the idea
Well you're doing your part by giving advice to him, its all up to him if he wants to listen.

Anyways! I've been trying to find places that sell the MLP comics but stores are always out of stock when I get to them Sad . So if any of you guys know or come upon a store that has copies do tell me or if possible please buy me a copy and I'll pay whomever bought it when we meet.
mlp comics, ill ask the group if anyone knows anyone selling those
(01-21-2013, 07:13 PM)RoninFang Wrote: [ -> ]mlp comics, ill ask the group if anyone knows anyone selling those

Thanks Smile
XD oh this will be interesting

just like any convention there would be your random talent stuff at the convention the usual may mga kakanta etc, probably some random cosplay interpersonation etc etc well you get the idea

they asked if i want do martial arts demo thing XD

well why not lets do something crazy on the con for fun XD i mean ts did a random demo way back with his "mushroom costume" actually i think he cosplayed as someone from the valley of the wind......i was unlucky back then i fell off the stage LOL XD well fell into the stage stupid hole...this time its just a plain floor if i still fall it some damn hole ewan ko na lng

anyways these are my conditions

1. ill wear damn mask for somesort i really dont want my face to be seen on the video recordings, kilala ko na sila hindi maiiwasan ma video something and its a con so its a given

2. i asked if they can provide at least 5 meter by 5 meters of space (the garden we have at home is roughly 4 by 4 but yeah just to be on the safe side ill just told them 5 by 5, if they want me to do a demo then i need space to avoid hitting anyone

since its a PH con
ill use this track i want something fast phased XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voj9MhBUaTI

asked the music guy in the group if he can cut it down to roughly 3 minutes though

i wont practice a specific choreography, ill just wing it na lng...ill just let the music dictate my phasing :3

so yeah one of the people judging the art contest
and if space is big enough martial arts demo XD heck why not lets do something crazy

and for the heck if i do perform wala lng XD made a bet it with the organizer everytime a dropped the stick 20 pesos XD LOL so far tried practicing earlier at the garden dropped the stick twice pa lng so far

probably on con day i will mostly drop and estimate of roughly 6-7 times or so...no matter how much you prepare for situations sooner or later stage fright will kick in a bit
Its headed for Japan people!
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/ml...#idc-cover

And I really want to watch the brony doc but as I don't use ccs I have no way o purchasing it. Maybe I should really think about gettng a debit card.
I knew this day would come, merch and fanfics are going to explode when it airs over there.

Continuity~!
Shame Peewee was a no show.

And dragon greed ... yeeesh.

Edit:
http://cheezburger.com/7006868736

Sad but it had to be done.

About the bronycon, other than me, Ronin and Haywire is there anybody else coming?

And for those coming who are going can anybody meet me beforehand as I have hardly know the area.
ill be bringing a car heading for the con i wont be commuting...since will be bringing a laptop and a few other things... >_< XD anyways just google csb hotel, its easy to find, if your commuting closest mrt/lrt station would be vito cruz and from there you can just walk it

and haywire wont be going
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36