The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: anime you're currently watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm spreading the Time of Eve virus in RR LOL
HAHAHAH Spreading Virus is evilishly good
It was a bit slow for me. A lack of giant robots doesn't excite me anymore. Sad
@ Nix-chan: Yeah, I understand where your point is, I guess they were concentrating to get the people to "immerse" themselves into that world. Hence, Vision of Protagonist so slow LOL
But, but, It was so good....Sad
The questions asked were definitely interesting and even compelling. But the pacing of the whole thing was just unnecessarily slow. I actually think it's a typical weakness in a lot of these "thinking" anime. Sad
The slow pacing is sort of needed though, imo, to set some tone and mood. I can't really say it's a weakness, as it really depends from person to person what kind of pacing they like. That's why people who want faster plot pacing and primarily action gravitate to shonen, and some to stuff like Eve no Jikan.

I appreciate both kinds though. LOL
I'm not saying I don't appreciate slow-paced stories. I'm just saying that the pacing could have been a bit faster. Maybe tighter editing. Like I said, a lot of these 'thinking' anime tend to waste a lot of time with scenes of characters just staring into nothingness (to save on animation cells).
^ sorta agree on the staring parts. Yeah, prolly editing those out or making them shorter(or even putting better char development in place of it) would prolly be good.

But all in all, yeah, I love Eve no Jikan LOL
(06-07-2011, 09:46 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]I'm spreading the Time of Eve virus in RR LOL

AHA! So you're the one who's spreading this EVE-il.

Sforza-kun, Good Job!

I'm fine with slow paced anime. In fact, I embrace them.
The only thing I didn't like in it is the jittering camera effect. Nakakahilo.

The terminator reference really had me Clapping LOL.

Shangri-La. Nice choice of title you have here Fox. Ending could've been better though.
So I think I'm the last to view Time of Eve.. 10gb, fml.
(06-08-2011, 02:35 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2011, 09:46 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]I'm spreading the Time of Eve virus in RR LOL

Sforza-kun, Good Job!

Shangri-La. Nice choice of title you have here Fox. Ending could've been better though.

I actually watched Eve no Jikan last Sunday (well, the OAV at least) with Leperman, CZ, NiX and Sforza. Not bad at all but i have even fonder memories of the heavenly chocolate-covered blueberries that Sforza passed around. They were so good that i actually couldn't focus on some parts of the OAV. Woot

And Serene, no spoilers about the ending please. I've had that series since 2009 but haven't really gotten past the first four episodes. Sad
(06-08-2011, 09:34 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2011, 02:35 AM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]

Sforza-kun, Good Job!

I actually watched Eve no Jikan last Sunday (well, the OAV at least) with Leperman, CZ, NiX and Sforza. Not bad at all but i have even fonder memories of the heavenly chocolate-covered blueberries that Sforza passed around. They were so good that i actually couldn't focus on some parts of the OAV. Woot

And Serene, no spoilers about the ending please. I've had that series since 2009 but haven't really gotten past the first four episodes. Sad

If I wanted to spoil the ending I would've already. I didn't because I know you haven't watched your collection.
The ending was good, but like in every title out there, it's a case of YMMV.
Can I just get a copy from any of you guys this Saturday? Sad
^ Alright, I'll get you a copy.