The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: anime you're currently watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elfen Lied Big grin Big grin Big grin
Persona trinity soul and Ayakashi.
Just watched 5 cm per second, it's short and sad Sad

Persona has an excellent animation. Man, I'm looking forward for the next episode.
Black Dragon Wrote:Just watched 5 cm per second, it's short and sad Sad

Not really sad but more of a representation that life doesn't always have happy endings like the kind you find in Hollywood films. Actually, that's what i found so great about 5cm. No fantasy, no sci-fi, just the absolute beauty of the everyday.

Think about it, the last episode had Takaki still living in the past as he still holds on to his illusions about spending the rest of his life with Akari. That last montage shows that Akari has already moved on with her life and is already about to get married to someone else. Now when the two cross paths on that railroad crossing (yep, Akari definitely is that girl who passes by), Takaki doesn't chase after her, even though a few seconds of running would reunite him with her after all those years. He just smiles and continues on. That's a sign that he's finally accepted that life doesn't always work out the way you want it to.

I dunno about you but that's the way i see it. From my point of view, it's not really sad. Okay, it is sad with the two main characters not ending up with each other but i choose not to view the final scenes as sad or something like that. Reality depends on how you define the world and its events, how you let it affect you.

At least that's my opinion.

Back to the topic, currently watching Noein - To Your Other Self. Can't seem to find the other episodes of Genshiken's second season so i'm occupying myself with watching this one in the meantime.
Fox Wrote:Not really sad but more of a representation that life doesn't always have happy endings like the kind you find in Hollywood films. Actually, that's what i found so great about 5cm. No fantasy, no sci-fi, just the absolute beauty of the everyday.

Think about it, the last episode had Takaki still living in the past as he still holds on to his illusions about spending the rest of his life with Akari. That last montage shows that Akari has already moved on with her life and is already about to get married to someone else. Now when the two cross paths on that railroad crossing (yep, Akari definitely is that girl who passes by), Takaki doesn't chase after her, even though a few seconds of running would reunite him with her after all those years. He just smiles and continues on. That's a sign that he's finally accepted that life doesn't always work out the way you want it to.

I dunno about you but that's the way i see it. From my point of view, it's not really sad. Okay, it is sad with the two main characters not ending up with each other but i choose not to view the final scenes as sad or something like that. Reality depends on how you define the world and its events, how you let it affect you.

At least that's my opinion.

Back to the topic, currently watching Noein - To Your Other Self. Can't seem to find the other episodes of Genshiken's second season so i'm occupying myself with watching this one in the meantime.

I agree with you on that, the anime shows how harsh reality is.

Just watched Kyo no Go no Ni, gawd I'm becoming a pedo LOL It's a funny show nevertheless. :p
Black Dragon Wrote:gawd I'm becoming a pedo LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
second season of geshiken eh ... I'll wait till its complete

bert me dalawang shows ata na parang geshiken na lumabas ah doujin works at welcome to NHK (well sorta like geshiken)
try mo baka magustuhan mo

anyway currently watching Sky Girls on crunchyroll (di ko pa tapos)

at lastly maganda ba heroic age??? Im getting interested on it
LOL

I watched NHK, it's pretty interesting since it's a bit psychological :p
Welcome to the NHK was one of the best shows to come out of Geneon's lineup back in 2006. Good thing i don't know of anyone who's remotely like Sato.

With regards to the topic, a friend was able to locate the rest of Genshiken 2's episodes for me so i'm putting Noein on the back burner for a bit. [SPOILER ALERT] Funny how it was just Kohsaka and Saki hooking up in the first season with hints of Tanaka and Ohno going out. Now, Tanaka and Ohno are an item and it seems like Sasahara's next in line as it seems like he and Ogiue are getting rather close.

Hehehe, you guys'll just have to watch for this one then. Big grin
I try but our dvd player is positioned at the sala ... its hard to watch it and not have the other people in the house not stare when they see ... freaking game project...
clonezero Wrote:second season of geshiken eh ... I'll wait till its complete

bert me dalawang shows ata na parang geshiken na lumabas ah doujin works at welcome to NHK (well sorta like geshiken)
try mo baka magustuhan mo

anyway currently watching Sky Girls on crunchyroll (di ko pa tapos)

at lastly maganda ba heroic age??? Im getting interested on it

hah nagiging pedo ka na clonezero LOL

Black Dragon Wrote:gawd I'm becoming a pedo LOL

welcome to the loli world Black Dragon LOL
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=25280 I like planes, I like cute girls but this is just strange to me =_=

currently watching Seto no Hayanome gangster mermaids lol XD
Pumpkin Scissors

Gundam 00

Gai King

Air Gear

Zombie Loan

Code Gease
clonezero Wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/showmedia?id=25280 I like planes, I like cute girls but this is just strange to me =_=

currently watching Seto no Hayanome gangster mermaids lol XD

Sa liit ng display ng curnchyroll, I read Witches as Bitches.

Strike Bitches LOL
Just finishing up Noein. Once this is done, i'm moving on to Fafner.
lol shiraki

ei bossing fox asteg fafner still don't know how shin and mairialla got there but still.