The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: anime you're currently watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Still OT: The story has indeed gone to hell. I'm just still reading it for the art and the action... and that small chance that we'll be getting answers soon. The latest arc has dragged on for SOOOO long, but it's the first arc with the potential to finally reveal some meat. >_<
Yeah, they dropped most of the story people by the third chapter. Nao I hate buudhas. -_-

Currently on chapter 111. Ever since the third chapter, i was just in it for the action. Well, i'm still giving the anime a shot.
Sforza Wrote:
Fox Wrote:After getting downright disappointed by Zegapain's ending, i'm on the last few episodes of Claymore, and wishing that it wasn't so. Seeing dozens of sword-wielding girls in skintight armor taking on huge monsters makes me one happy camper, if you get what i mean. Shades

Feth, better get hold of the manga then.

...Get ready for another disappointing ending LOL
The Claymore manga is great though.

A long drawn-out, nonsensical, disappointing ending indeed. Damn, i wish these licensors took some time to properly finish the anime adaptations instead of rushing them into a season hat starts out promisingly, stalls by the middle then just plain blows by the end.

I'm getting the same feeling with Genesis of Aquarion, on which i just finished the eight episode.
Damnit! Aquarion's ending is even worse off than Zegapain. What the feth were the writers smoking when they came up with that nonsense?!?!

I realized that i've been watching way too many serious shows lately so i decided to slacken a bit and go for something considerably lighter. Case in point - Been watching Azumanga Daioh since last night and i find that i haven't laughed like that in a long while.
5 Centimeters Per Second

*copy/pastes*

The movie is named 5 Centimeters Per Second for the speed at which cherry blossom petals fall, petals being a metaphorical representation of humans, reminiscent of the slowness of life and how people often start together but slowly drift into their separate ways. It is directed by Makoto Shinkai and the film in its entirety runs for about an hour.
still watching frontier mainly but can anyone tell me where I can watch the ryofuku-chan something anime its basically about lubu turning into a little girl along with some companoins and being plopped in modern day japan I wanna watch it.

or

any recommendations for any comedy anime?
Try Muteki Kanban Musume (Ramen Fighter Miki in the dub), which is what i'm going through right now. Imagine a mix-up of fighting animes, cooking animes, slice-of-life animes and a lot of other genres out there and you get a series with fighting styles based off trains, rivalries between a bakery and a noodle house, a forgetable childhood pest, a whole lot of insanity and you're halfway there.

Damn, too bad its only a dozen episodes or so.
Aside from Macross F, I've been watching:

Golgo 13 (TV series) - Duke Togo, an assassin and sniper who is known to always get any task done no mater the odds. The series focuses on his assignments and how he overcomes the impossibilities of taking down his targets. Based on a long running manga series, the TV series is quite explicit with its depiction of the criminal underworld. Duke Togo bangs chicks in every episode, and in surprisingly explicit detail.

Real Drive - Can't really give a proper description, so I'll just post the wiki entry:

Quote:2061 AD. Fifty years have passed since mankind developed the Network society. It was anticipated that this new infrastructure would realize a utopia where people connected with each other at the level of consciousness. However, new social problems such as personal data leaks and proliferation of manipulated information began to surface. Nevertheless, people still relied on the Network to exchange information, and proved unable to abandon it.

In due course, a new Network realm with more effective security measures was developed. This was called Meta Real Network, usually abbreviated as "the Metal."

The Metal accommodated personal memory data within protected virtual stand-alone organic cyber enclaves called bubble shells and eventually pervaded the everyday lives of people.

However, people gradually learned to release and explode their instincts within the secure environment of the Metal. The unleashed instincts pushed each individual's consciousness to drown in the sea of information and to be exposed to the pressures of desire. Meanwhile, norms and regulations continued to bind their real world lives. Thus, strange frictions between the two worlds began to manifest themselves as aberrations beyond the bounds of the imaginable. Experts who challenged the deep sea of the Metal to investigate and decipher such aberrations were called cyber divers.

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - Harem fanservice anime.

Candy Boy - Romantic comedy yuri anime. Quite cute.

Some anime I just saw:

Naisho no Tsubomi (Tsumomi's Secrets) - An anime about puberty... yes, I think the goal of this show is to educate younger audiences of the life changing experience one faces when people's bodies are changing. I just saw 1 episode.

Gyagu Manga Biyori - 5 minute random comedy shows, so far my favorites are:

1st ep: http://youtube.com/watch?v=111X31Z4uKQ
4th ep: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FOR_BDVvrYI

The whole thing: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=K...ior101&p=r
Lord_Leperman Wrote:Golgo 13 (TV series)

I've heard a lot about this series. Do you have it on DVD?
The TV series is still on going in Japan right now. Currently, BSS is subbing the series, you can get the eps through the torrent from their website: http://bssubs.net/

There are 2 live action movies and 2 animated movies have been subbed already for a while already and are floating around the net somewhere, which I still don't have.
Thanks for the link. By the way if anyone has a NES emulator and would like to play (crappy) Golgo 13 games, here you go. LOL
Currently Watching Fate/Stay Night.

At long last, I've finally seen it.

<a href="http://www.animecrunch.com/fate-stay-night-episode-17/">Watch Fate Stay Night - Episode 17</a>
Watching Cowboy Bebop, trying to see what the fuss is about.
First time to watch it theGrim? Anime or Movie?
Anime, first time.

I noticed the copyright logo says "1998 Sunrise". Wow, 10 years after it's made I'm watching it for the first time haha.