The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: anime you're currently watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't worry, you'll never regret wasting your time on that one.
And you will not waste your time on it...
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (Yamibou for short)

A little confusing...but really really nice LOL
Code Geass

reminds me of Death Note, but with less...reclusive characters. also, giant robots.

hmm. a Bryonic(demented/insane, but good intentioned) main character, and giant robots.

my favorite Big grin

also, I've finished the first season. looking for the second.
Shakugan no Shana. I already had a copy of the first season since last year but i swore that i wouldn't touch it until i had the second season as well. It's pretty good but the concept is rather morbid. Still enough to get me hooked though.
I'm done watching Yamibou and all I can say is " ;_; " (in a good way)

Anyhoo, I'm currently watching Blue Drop

Yet another yuri anime LOL

Extra Late Edit:

Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu

O___O
I've put on hold watching all the new anime I mentioned earlier since I want to watch them when they're completed.

Finished watching these two:

Bamboo Blade - An anime about a Kendo club. Its not about the technical aspects of the sport like some other sports anime, but focuses more on the characters that join the club. A light-hearted anime with no real serious issues. The character designs are pretty cute as well.

Gurren Lagann - Holy sh*t! I didn't believe the hype surrounding this anime, but after watching the whole series, I'll go along with what they're doing and say this is EPIC. The story spans from one single hole in the ground, which then encompasses the whole universe! Definitely recommendable.

Now watching:

Tactical Roar: Harem Battleship...

Ef - A tale of memories: Haven't watched it, but I plan to depending on how I feel about Tactical Roar.
Code Geass R2's latest episode blew me away. Orange FTW
Last episode before it was canceled Bye
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rXo_LKyvEI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7rXo_LKyvEI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I'm watching Piano now. It's about a high school girl who takes Piano lessons. She isn't that good at it, and the show is more about her daily life. It's a pretty old production and it's a slice of life anime. Very Japanese, very introspective and low-key. Only 10 episodes I think.

Oh, and watch Mushishi too. It's one of those titles which you just drop on someone and go HERE WATCH THIS.

Late reply: About Gurren Lagann, it's for chicks with dicks or young adult males. I don't have a dick, so I didn't like it at all.

Fate/stay Night anime has an extremely bad plot twist that left all sorts of bad impressions on the series.

One of you guys asked me to watch Aria. It reminds me of a grandmother telling a kid a bedtime story. You need to watch it at the right time.
re watching I my me strawberry eggs and hunting for subbed episodes of Argento Soma and Irresponsible Captain Taylor short of DLing it help!!! >_<
(07-03-2008, 08:30 AM)Lord_Leperman Wrote: [ -> ]Gurren Lagann - Holy sh*t! I didn't believe the hype surrounding this anime, but after watching the whole series, I'll go along with what they're doing and say this is EPIC. The story spans from one single hole in the ground, which then encompasses the whole universe! Definitely recommendable.

This is the biggest super robot I've ever seen on TV. I'd second you on recommending this. I kept saying wtf?! every 5 minutes or so while watching this.

Along with Guren Lagan, these are the titles that I've recently watched.:

Seirei no Moribito - It's almost as if I saw Kusanagi in action if she were not a cyborg. But that's just me.

Shigurui - Just what the hell is that stance?! And wtf kind of ending was that?! Cool concept for a sword technique, though.

Basilisk - I liked this way better than Naruto.

Macross Frontier - Score for Yoko Kanno!

Anything Hayao Miyazaki. Yeah. I'd recommend that too.

I don't think Gatchaman2000 and The Five Killers were realized, though.

I'm gonna watch Spriggan later today.
PUTANG INA sa wakas nakahanap rin ng lugar para mapanood Argento Soma

Hattie - chan Wub Wub Domo

Yosei - kun Pirate Domo Ninja
bump

watching G 00 and Jigoku Shoujo Mitusganae
watching

battle royale 1, 2 (not exactly anime but it's good)

Gundam 00 s2 (ORE TACHI WA GUNDAM DA!! LOL )

Kurogane no Linebarrel (i really don't like the main character)

Hell Girl Season 3 (Yay enma's back XD )

Toradora (and another yay for rie kumigiya XD XD )
I'm watching some of this,

[Image: c15.jpg]

this,

[Image: b13.jpg]

and this,

[Image: a04.jpg]

I'm keeping track of the 2nd season of Hajime no Ippo. Sad to say those pics are from the latter parts in the manga, but I hope to see some of those in the anime.