The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: anime you're currently watching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, Pinoy dubs do seem to have a bit more flavor in them. Case in point - Slam Dunk and Flame of Recca. The original Japanese voicings were okay, the English dubs sucked big time but the local voiceovers were just hilarious.
School rumble in Hero is effin funny too!
That's primarily because it's dubbed in our language, with our sense of humor implanted in every fun line.

It doesn't always apply though. Sometimes, subbed is good enough.

I lol'd at our Yakitate dub team. Epic humor dub.
(07-15-2009, 09:55 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Mga dubbers ng Hero, gusto ko. Some of their dubs are probably even funnier than the Japanese dubs. Like Yakitate or Naruto hahaha

I better try that Shock I haven't watched on Hero yet (no cable lol)
GMA7 sucks now... Anime selection wise. So does ABS.

Worst dub I've heard back then is with 7 on GTO. Sucks rusty iron balls.
Yung sa ABS naman diba kinukuha lang din nila yung ilang pinapalabas nila sa HERO?
Yeah. Sa kanila din yata Hero eh... [NOT SURE NOT SURE]
I remember watching Zenki's redub on 23. Cheri - Chiaki. And hell! They pronounce Chiaki as 'CHUCKEY'. Sirang sira.
Meron din kasing dub na luma na mas maganda....

List of filipino dubbers and their characters...
http://we-have.moved.in/agi/filseiyuu/

Di pa updated.

At may nahakot ako...
Ha?
http://www.imeem.com/rxstriderr/music/Vt...g-tagalog/
Sa kanila nga.

The lopezes own meralco, abscbn, sky-cable and all related networks, rockwell, etc etc.
Asteeg~

Still waiting for Toradora!'s ending.
They've [tv5] done 2 and a half repeats now.
It has 25 episodes, They show 4 per week. Which means it's supposed to run for 5 weeks and 1 day.
Why in hell are they doing this?
They're on free TV. That's the reason.
Bukod dun.
Possibly just trying to milk the show for all it's worth before going with the ending and starting a new series afterward.

Or they just simply haven't finished dubbing the lat episode yet.
or by some god forsaken reason they haven't acquired the last episode maybe something awry happened to the deal they had with the company that owns Toradora

but

in all truth the Milking scheme seem to be the best and simplest answer.
No, not milking. They're running out of anime to air, I think. They might have overstuffed their skeds, then abruptly didn't have the advertisement revenues that they might have been expecting, thus not being able to add more to their repertoire of dubbed series.

Milking isn't really milking if you're not milking anything off.
oh to bad then

anyway the latest ep of FMA:brods was awesome but irritating that it leaves so many questions ... Im liking this more than the first version XD