The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Well so far we've silently been growing in numbers. Ang ideal ko para sa atin ay mga 20-30 siguro... enough na yun para magkaron ng adequate discussions na makakatulong sating lahat. Pero patient naman ako, kaya kong intayin dumating yung araw na yun.

Now, inevitably you and all the future members will think of improvements you would like to happen to the Raven Republic. It's your site too, after all. So here's the place to say what you'd like to see, and I'll try to implement it as best as I can. Please note however, na studyante din ako at hindi buong araw ay mabibigay ko sa pag-aayos ng site. So maging patient din kayo sana sakin. Tongue

Titignan ko pa kung kailangan kong mag-appoint ng mga ibang moderator kapag dumami pa tayo. As it is, hindi pa kailangan.
For starters, baka mas ok ang mas maikling flood guard. 60-90 seconds is probably adequate.
i agree with NiX that 60 to 90 seconds would feel like a better floodguard.
I had it set to 255... how it got there, I don't know... :blink:

Anyway, flood control is now 20. I trust you guys. Until someone comes to take that away, I trust you. Haha
wow, thanks! Happy the forum still seems relatively small and close-knit, so until we get a lot more members, i think the new setting will be great. of course, i've never run my own forum before so i have no idea lol.
Neither have I, this is my first try. I'm still learning as I go along. But anyway, 20 seconds will seem to work fine. It takes around 5+ seconds to move to another forum, and another 10-15+ seconds to read the posts there. At around that time, the member should be able to post again.
suggestions

AC builder, for people like me
links to tourney videos- example: youtube- search for YAKA
Hmm... good ideas. I'll try to find something along those lines.

*EDIT: As you can see, the builders are nearly up, I'm just waiting for the explicit permission of the author of the html files. The links to high level play vids can be found in the AC Media forum.*
I'm not sure if you'd already implemented this, but the last time I checked, link-texts appeared to be the same color as the default text. I'd suggest the use of another color for link-texts just so they're actually noticed. =D
Thanks for the catch. I must have deleted the code for underlining the links. Everything's back to normal now. Unless, you guys really want to remove the underlines for links (it looks better that way, honestly) and just substitute a different color for links.

But eh, simpler is better I guess.

*EDIT: I'm assuming you're referring to the links in posts? Kasi all the other links on the main board are noticeable enough... if so, I've made it so that the posted ones do have underlines. Pero the rest of the board doesn't. Para cool. Haha*
kahit wala nalang underlines kapag links... sa akin, ok na yung mabago ang font color niya. Either way, it's fine.
I saw what leperman did on his design forum thread and it gave me an idea.

I propose that we make an online AC tutorial section. that would deal with basic and advanced techniques in armored core. it would teach readers how to do the move in type A and B controls and then show a video of what the move should look like.

yeah... it's tedious and hard. You won't believe how many players don't know how to boost hop.

It will give something the republic can be proud about. As far as I know it's not been done. we can be the first.

we should cater to all AC players of all skill levels, and share our knowledge with those willing to learn.

it's a bit edgy... but it's a start. feel free to contribute

BASICS

boost hop
circle strafe
feather boosting

ADVANCED
jinking
jousting
blade joust
death from above
OB cancel to run
OB cancel to jump
and others I failed to write down.

the basics section would be easy to do. just it's own section, the text and 3 video links.

for approval of the admin Smile
oh and happy birthday shinigami.
AEA1 Wrote:for approval of the admin Smile
This idea has been approved by the admin. Tongue

Good one, Adrian. It's going to take some time to accomplish this though, and the people working on it are going to need to work closely together para walang overlaps. Anyway, I think Serene's already begun on his Designing FAQ, he just needs to finish and transfer it over into electronic form I think... Serene, if you're reading this, I'm still looking forward to that.

Oh and by the way... yes, it's been done before, but not to the extent we're going to do, by Guppy from ACO.

I'd volunteer my services, but I won't be able to start until around October 22 or something.

And yes, happy birthday shinigami! Hope you post something soon! LOL
we need a free-fire zone. a place where you can say what you want to say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30