The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(06-27-2012, 08:58 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]IDEA: Don't think that you're obligated to be a part of everything in this forum, like replying to every new thread reply just cuz you have no friends. This is a forum, not freakin Facebook!

Just talk about what others are talking about, but PLEASE DON'T POST CONSTANT STATUS UPDATES ABOUT EVERY FREAKING THING IN YOUR LIFE!!!

i.e. "Oh I saw a cute dog today. lol"

yeah like that.

Also if you want to start a long conversation then just PM or email one of us.

How's that guys?

Somebody actually did these?
It's just an idea dood. I just threw all of that together, but looking at it again I may have gone rule nazi again. But no, no one did this... yet. Just so this forum doesn't become another Facebook clone.
(06-27-2012, 09:44 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just an idea dood. I just threw all of that together, but looking at it again I may have gone rule nazi again. But no, no one did this... yet. Just so this forum doesn't become another Facebook clone.

Good luck with that. Do you know any other site this happened to?
No, but you never know if there is one.
(06-27-2012, 10:12 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]No, but you never know if there is one.

Figures. I haven't been to one that could be as annoying as Facebook in terms of updates.

So, no. Right now, your suggestions are inapplicable.
thanks for letting me know dood. now to wait for my deliveries.
(06-27-2012, 10:23 AM)Sirius140 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for letting me know dood. now to wait for my deliveries.

Clapping
the Mental Repository (M.R.) thread is the second thread that is the closest to what your talking about Sirius. don't worry though as RR people only tend to rant about interesting stuff like rage quitting resulting in keyboardly harm.

(history lesson the first one was the rant and rave thread but its closed now)

this line always appears at the top most part of the page whenever I log in is it some misplaced code or something?

"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ravenrep/public_html/chat/inc/common.php on line 85"
@Sirius
You need not fear about us turning into something like that. RR was established before Facebook went mainstream. The majority of us only use the Mental Repository thread for things that piss us off. Besides, only a few of the people here actually feel the need the post things about their life that we don't even care about.

@CZ
Yeah, i also keep seeing that. I do believe that i have reported it to the powers-that-be but i'm still awaiting their decision.
Aside from the weird "Deprecated" lines showing up at the top of the main page, the "Mark all forums as read" button seems to be broken too.
Question:
It is possible to just erase this line: 'Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ravenrep/public_html/chat/inc/common.php on line 85' from the source code?

It seems like it's on every skin...
It's related to the chat module, which Grim has yet to update, or remove entirely. Don't worry about it for now.
Ah. So that was it. Understood.
Upgrading the chat module. Let's see if this works...
uuh im seeing a lot of stuff on the top of the page ...

Quote:The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] include_once(../chat/whosinchat_mybb.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory - Line: 180 - File: index.php PHP 5.3.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/index.php 180 errorHandler->error
/index.php 180 include_once
Warning [2] include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '../chat/whosinchat_mybb.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') - Line: 180 - File: index.php PHP 5.3.13 (Linux)
File Line Function
/index.php 180 errorHandler->error
/index.php 180 include_once
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30