The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Only admins and super mods can do that. Send them a request.
is there any reason why the maximum image size for this forum went down and now there's a bunch of red bars everywhere?
That's just so that images don't stretch beyond the forum frame size for lower resolution screens. You can still click on the image to get its full size.
thread name editing can be done by the poster, just fully edit the first post on the thread (the thread name will be the Subject name and yes I have tried this)
I think we should update our forum rules. Not to mention, put up a translation.
Kaya may mga nasisita minsan sa mga lumalabag sa batas natin dito, kasi hindi nagkakaintindihan. Tapos palpak pa madalas yung Google Translate.
we can always designate translators amongst ourselves you know ... Im rather sure nothing bad would happen =)
(06-21-2012, 08:26 PM)clonezero Wrote: [ -> ]we can always designate translators amongst ourselves you know ... I'm rather sure nothing bad would happen =)

Domo O rly?

Ahaha Yeah. We could do that. But I think we need a few additonal rules. I'm sure some have a few in mind.
Draft it.
For some reason, the resized images no longer show up as smaller ones on the pages, like they did before. This time, they don't show up at all. You can only view them when you click on them.
OK I think it's fixed now.
Beautiful, man. The pages don't look so barren anymore. Happy
(06-22-2012, 09:00 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Draft it.

On it. To anyone who has ideas on new rules they think should be implemented, just PM me OK?
I just did. Texted actually.
RR Community Rules V2 Draft.

Welcome to The Raven Republic. A sanctuary of sorts to Ravens; Filipino and Foreigners alike.

RESPECT
- Respect the other person's views and personal opinions. Don't flame unless the person truly deserves it.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH
- If there's something you want to say, go ahead and post, but think twice before you do.
- The Raven Republic has no swear filters, but it doesn't mean you can swear and curse all you want. It's there just in case you want to blow off some steam from something in real life.
- Due to TRR being originally a Filipino community, old time members have become comfortable with each other and will sometimes speak in Filipino. Feel free to ask for translations.

EVERYTHING IN MODERATION
- Minors come by once in a while and it would be good if we could be good examples to them.
- Be mature when you read, be mature when you post. Be ladies and gentlemen.
- Use spoiler tags just in case you want to post something not safe for work, has mature content or requires blain breach.

READ BEFORE YOU POST / POST IN THE PROPER FORUM
- If there is something you want to ask or a topic you want to start, check first if a thread about it is already made.
- Bumping and reviving old threads here is not a big deal or an issue. In fact, we welcome it. It helps keep the community clean.
- In regards to creating topics or replying to threads, double-check. What may seem fine to you, might be very wrong to others.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
- Make use of the Search Function for topics or discussions you're looking for. It's right on the upper right corner on the menu.

GOING OFF TOPIC / THREAD DERAILING / DOUBLE POSTING
- It's fine as long as it's hopefully something that's at least marginally connected to the current discussion or something that will help.
- Or something funny. If it isn't at least funny, you might as well GTFO.
- Double and multiple consecutive posts are only allowed if the two posts (or more) are 24 hours apart. Otherwise, they will get merged.

GRAMMAR / SPELLING / TEXT SPEAK
- Text Speak: No. Don't bring it in the forums. If your in front of you're computer, make full use of there potential.
- Check you're spelling and grammar. It helps in real life.
- If the first two parts seem right to you, retake your english class. NOW. I'm serious.

STREAMLINING
Please keep your avatars and signatures reasonable.
- The maximum size for avatars is 150x150, 100kb.
- The maximum size for signatures is anything that is reasonable, but anything wider than 640 pixels will be caught by the automatic image resizer. So unless you like having your signatures boxed by a bright red line, don't go beyond that number. [200x500]

- Some good image hosters can be found at <a href='http://imageshack.us' target='_blank'>ImageShack</a> and <a href='http://photobucket.com' target='_blank'>Photobucket</a>.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- If you're gonna at most lurk, stalk, creep, ninja, or whatever, at least introduce yourself. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice to know you're human and not some sort of machine from the future trying to hunt down a future leader of an army of human survivors.
- But just in case you are, you won't find him here. Try Facebook.

HAVE FUN
- TRR is a place where you can be yourself and never fear being banned. Still...

USE OF BAN-CLASS WEAPONS ARE AUTHORIZED WHEN...
- Spambots invade. All moderators are armed just for this special occassion.
- A member displays extremely bad behavior. Perpetrator will be warned a few times beforehand depending on persistence and patience of the moderator.
- In the case of being banned or being warned of a ban: There are self-appointed mediators/negotiators here that are willing to help lift or prevent the ban. Change is good, especially if it's good change, but being a lost cause is another story.

Be smart about all of the rules. When two or more of them contradict each other and to what you're planning to do, be the better man or woman and think about it for a while. The relative freedom in this board should not be abused.
I left some of Grim's intact.

Any questions, suggestions, things to add or remove?
IDEA: Don't think that you're obligated to be a part of everything in this forum, like replying to every new thread reply just cuz you have no friends. This is a forum, not freakin Facebook!

Just talk about what others are talking about, but PLEASE DON'T POST CONSTANT STATUS UPDATES ABOUT EVERY FREAKING THING IN YOUR LIFE!!!

i.e. "Oh I saw a cute dog today. lol"

yeah like that.

Also if you want to start a long conversation then just PM or email one of us.

How's that guys?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30