The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Was just curious. No need to bring them back (on my part), boss man. Tongue
Just had my name changed to Mjting now. I've been carrying my AC's name for too long, so just to avoid confuzzlement. Smile
Mix: Is there any way to simplify our vid embedding tag? Maybe:

Code:
[video]URL[/video] or [v][/v], without having to put ="domain" ?

This'll just be a nice-to-have. Don't worry about it so much unless you have the time. Smile
(03-19-2012, 09:01 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Mix: Is there any way to simplify our vid embedding tag? Maybe:

Code:

This'll just be a nice-to-have. Don't worry about it so much unless you have the time. Smile

Good idea. I'll look into it.
(03-19-2012, 02:23 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2012, 09:01 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Mix: Is there any way to simplify our vid embedding tag? Maybe:

Code:

Good idea. I'll look into it.

OK, best one I can do for now. This will only work for YouTube videos though, use the old one for all others:

Code:
[vid]11-character YouTube video id, for example QDq5oZ3maqY[/vid]

In action:

[vid]QDq5oZ3maqY[/vid]
Does that work only for youtube? What about other vid streaming sites? Great job, btw. Tongue
(03-23-2012, 02:29 PM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Does that work only for youtube? What about other vid streaming sites? Great job, btw. Tongue

Only for YouTube. I'm thinking if I should change the tags to [yt][/yt] to differentiate it. Posting videos is now limited to only the below sites since we turned off HTML embedding. For all of them, we still only have the old method, which you can find in toolbar in the Post Reply page.

Dailymotion
MetaCafe
MySpace TV
Vimeo
Yahoo Video
YouTube
Request for a dedicated Armored Core V section under theory and concept. Might be unnecessary, but also consider a teams section.
(03-26-2012, 11:03 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Request for a dedicated Armored Core V section under theory and concept. Might be unnecessary, but also consider a teams section.

I'll work on these later at home.
Thanks for being awesome as always!
I've been having a bit of a problem with some threads since this morning. Some threads have been giving me an error message that says "The specified thread does not exist.". I've seen it when trying to access threads in the Gaming, General Discussion, Tech and Media sections.
Does refreshing your browser help? Meaning you can access them normally afterwards? Or they're really gone?
Nope. Reloading the page does nothing, as does clearing the cache. I've tried it on Firefox and Chrome as well.

It may have something to do with the fact that some of the pages don't really have anything on them. Kinda like Project WTF. On my browser, it says that my last post is on page 225 but the thread actually goes up to 227 pages. Blink
reporting the same issue on these threads:
project wtf, what's everyone playing, and the music thread.

the view new posts to be ignoring the posts I just made ><
Anyone know how to rename a thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30