The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
a Jukebox? or did someone say that already.
It was here before. Though I don't have any idea what happened next. Tongue
It's probably too early for most of the members of the board, but why not put up a AC4:FA subsection in Designs?
maitreya Wrote:It's probably too early for most of the members of the board, but why not put up a AC4:FA subsection in Designs?

I suggest waiting for the NA/EU release at the very least, as is the standard in most sites with technical guides for games.

Even then, I would like to see designs posted using the ff headers on the AC4 design subforum instead:

AC4: Insertnamehere or
AC4A: Fillintheblank

RR's AC4 design section has all of only 6 designs from 3 users. I'm biased though. I don't like AC4.
Yeah this time instead of going gung-ho with additions I think I'll wait for a while.
BTW, I happen to like FA.
I wonder what happened to the site. Now I need a proxy just to go there normally. -_-
Halp! Master Mix, we need you.

In the past few days, accessing the site has been really difficult. Members such as Leperman, Clonezero, and AEA1 have been unable to get into the site. And now, even I can't into RR using ordinary means. Others may also be experiencing the same thing, hence the somewhat low traffic recently.

Using a proxy server gets us through though. Like me for example, I'm able to post this because I'm on Opera Mini's proxy server. But I don't want to have to access RR through proxies all the time.

So... Again, halp!

EDIT: It's working again for me at least.
Hey guys.

Just got home, I can seemingly access it fine. Any others who've tried not accessing it through a proxy and failing?
It actually keeps coming back and forth, for now I can access the site normally, if that helps.
For those times when you can't access the site, here's what you do:

1. Go to http://www.whatismyip.org/
2. Copy the numbers you see.
3. Shoot me an email at thegrim@ravenrepublic.net

The server we're hosted on had some problems last week and they had to ban a number of IP addresses. Since the popular type of setup here in the country is that of a dynamic IP address, that may explain the instances when you can access the site, and when you can't.
Aren't you supposed to see the IPs, being an Admin?

If all else fails, might I suggest a change of hosting service? Or are we locked in this domain for some time?
If whole IP ranges from the Philippines got banned, then it's something that should have been expected. Spammers and hackers from the Philippines have always been hard to trace because of the dynamic IP settings.

The servers which you guys can't connect to are the Peer1 servers in Ontario, Canada by the way.
Shintetsu Wrote:Aren't you supposed to see the IPs, being an Admin?

Not in the times when you can't access RR.

Shintetsu Wrote:If all else fails, might I suggest a change of hosting service? Or are we locked in this domain for some time?

Until the service degrades, which it still hasn't really, we'll stay put. Moving sites are hard and time-consuming haha.
Ei Mix nice job rearranging the whole board.
NiX Wrote:Ei Mix nice job rearranging the whole board.

Yeah thanks. Had to put the PACT forum up front na because I think occasional browsers only check the newest topics that are shown in the index, which may be one of the reasons why they don't participate in the discussions.

Also moved a number of topics around.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30