The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I think the link to chat should be in plain site. Others might miss it since it's under community.
Good ideas. I think we should go ahead with the bi-monthly ladder starting next month.
Just a relay from Strawhat, he can't seem to access RR's forums and gallery for over a month now and its been displaying "page cannot be displayed".
Erm, I think the site DNS changed over the past couple of weeks.

Tell him to do this in the command prompt (I assume he's running Windows):

Code:
C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

I hope that fixes it.
No wonder he hasn't been posting. I've seen his name logged in pretty recently.
Might not be necessary, but how about a "Current Events" or "News" forum para dun ang news threads instead of in general discussion. Again, might not be necessary. Just a thought.
NiX Wrote:Might not be necessary, but how about a "Current Events" or "News" forum para dun ang news threads instead of in general discussion. Again, might not be necessary. Just a thought.

In the past, everytime I created a new forum (Tech, Media, Forum Games), I always created a News section too, but ended up not going through with the latter. Now that I think about it, I can't think of a reason why I did.

EDIT: Now I remember. I feel it's too much of an overlap if I create a separate forum for news. We already have Tech for science and technology, Media for the related topics, and well, there's General Discussion for everything else. Sometimes news can be so broad that it's hard to classify. If the news item was serious then that'd be easy, but what if it was just a bit of a funny incident? Will it deserve posting in the News section or just in General Discussion? For the purposes of simplicity, isang section nalang.

Haha ang haba ng explanation. Tongue
haha yeah that's why I think "Current Events" would have been more fitting.

But yeah, like I said, it's probably not necessary.

EDIT: and then that Current Events forum can have a single thread for all the inane news. hahah
I just remembered, The Doc said he can't get into the Republic...
Just text him for info...
NiX Wrote:No wonder he hasn't been posting. I've seen his name logged in pretty recently.

it's cause I have this board as my home page. every time FF opened, I was logged in, I just couldn't access the forums or gallery.

thanks to Grim and Leper_Dude, I can get back in Big grin
Just wondering, whatever happened to thread subtitles? It was there before we moved to the new host, and I'm kinnda used to posting threads with those.
It's probably one of those differences between forum software kits.
Ok lang ba if I use the Gallery to store some pictures that I think are OK to share with others here?
Like anime pics?
Lord_Leperman Wrote:Just wondering, whatever happened to thread subtitles? It was there before we moved to the new host, and I'm kinnda used to posting threads with those.

NiX Wrote:It's probably one of those differences between forum software kits.

Yeah. I can add them, but it doesn't look too nice IMO. Too cluttered.

Serene Wrote:Ok lang ba if I use the Gallery to store some pictures that I think are OK to share with others here?
Like anime pics?

Sure. Wait I'll get to you on chat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30