The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
jonevangelist Wrote:nagagamit ba yung chatroom d2?
Not really. Most members prefer to talk on the forums themselves. Tongue

Still, it doesn't take up space or slow down the forums until you bring it up because it's hosted on another server.
di ba pwedengg members only lang yung ibang forums natin d2? dumadami kasi yung mga stalkers.
jonevangelist Wrote:di ba pwedengg members only lang yung ibang forums natin d2? dumadami kasi yung mga stalkers.
Pwede, pero gusto ba nang iba yun? Pwede kasing lalo lang dumami yung nagreregister, pero hindi naman talaga nakikisali. Siguro magtitira ako ng mga 'preview' forums. May idea ba kayo kung ano ang pwedeng ipakita?

Edit: Topic bump. I've decided. Only The Rules, The Help Desk, Theory and Concept, and LR Designs may be viewed by guests and validating members. This gives them a pretty good idea of what we talk about, as well as still allowing non-members to see designs posted on other sites by members (like wanzer on GameFAQs).

Edit 2: Thinking twice about this? Is it really good to close ourselves off from the rest of the 'net?
Grimlok Wrote:Edit 2: Thinking twice about this? Is it really good to close ourselves off from the rest of the 'net?
close ourselves but not entirely of course. we just need some privacy on some of our forums, hindi rin maganda kung viewable sa non members ang lahat ng topics natin.
I agree on that Boss Jon...

Sometimes kasi, some visitors just view our topics and their development and not join to log in and be part of the action...

Exposing all out material encourages peeping...
Grim, what happend to the changing of the forum skin?

just asking...not really rushing you or anything. hehehe Shifty
cabs Wrote:Grim, what happend to the changing of the forum skin?

just asking...not really rushing you or anything. hehehe Shifty
Not yet ready, still some kinks to work out. Smile

As I said, it's supposed to be unveiled on the next month or two anyway.
Hey master, what about putting anti-spam bots when registering here? Well we could put a code or something here before a dude fully registers. If that's possible, lol.
I've already enabled email validation a long time ago. That forces new registrants to manually confirm their membership through an email sent to the address they used to sign up. That stops a LOT of spambots already.

The ones that do manage to get across I can easily spot because I see the addresses they use to sign up. If the name's a bit suspicious, a quick Google easily finds culprits. Besides, I already have a blacklist of domains around 5 pages long. Tongue

InvisionFree isn't perfect, but I daresay it's one of the best free forum services out there, being based on the old IPB 1.3.
advance ng two days ang mga dates march 25 pa lng today march 28 ang nalagagy sa mga post
beastkiller Wrote:advance ng two days ang mga dates march 25 pa lng today march 28 ang nalagagy sa mga post
Yup, kailangan kasi bawat member na ang magset ng sarili niyang timezone.

To correct the date, just go to 'My Controls' then 'Board Settings' on the side. Tapos piliin mo yung +8 hours na time zone. OK na dapat pagkatapos nun.
cabs Wrote:about the smilies inclusion behavior

pwede b sa current cursor position maiinsert un smilies
pag click sa kanila during post composition?

Roll eyes
You'll be glad to know that this is finally fixed. I dunno how, it just works now. Must be something with the modifications recently installed.

Err... small victory? Pretty much.
Forums have been freqently down over the weekend... Is there a reason for this?
Lord_Leperman Wrote:Forums have been freqently down over the weekend... Is there a reason for this?
No, no reason. Not on my part anyway. I've barely had the time to fiddle around with anything on the forums (like the long overdue fixing of the skins). It's the host which is down intermittently. Which sucks. Argh
Can we have an essay or journal or thought of the day topic? Nababasa ko kasi mga sinusulat ni fox pero kung saan saan nakalagay dapat may lalagyan din tayo nun... para kung may mga gusto tayong isulat....
This is just an idea.

At bat naging public muli etong RR?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30