The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: General Questions and Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
(08-01-2012, 06:43 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading the chat module. Let's see if this works...

Hey, Boss. You might wanna check that new chat module again. The auto log-in feature keeps giving me an error message that says "Incorrect username or password". It then starts again once you click "Ok" then comes back to the same error message.

It's a vicious cycle, i tell ya.
(08-02-2012, 12:47 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2012, 06:43 PM)Grim Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading the chat module. Let's see if this works...

Hey, Boss. You might wanna check that new chat module again. The auto log-in feature keeps giving me an error message that says "Incorrect username or password". It then starts again once you click "Ok" then comes back to the same error message.

It's a vicious cycle, i tell ya.

Yeah. And the error message up top still remains, so upgrading the module actually didn't help. Although, logging in with your username/password on this page will actually work.

So yeah, until I figure out what's wrong, that's the link where the chat up top will go to, for now.
Turn off error reporting in php.ini if you can access it, or add:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);
ini_set('set_magic_quotes_runtime', off);

...to common.php

I'm not sure if you can access the file though.

The error is being caused because of outdated version of php running on the page, so everyone using 5.3 and up will get it.
Thanks Jake. I'll clean it up this weekend (and test if the latest version of FlashChat can really work with our latest forum software version).
Oh yeah. The new chat log-in works just fine. There's just a bit of a bug where it logs you out after a while and if you try to log-in again, that error message i pointed out a few messages ago pops up again.
(08-02-2012, 02:30 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off error reporting in php.ini if you can access it, or add:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);
ini_set('set_magic_quotes_runtime', off);

...to common.php

I'm not sure if you can access the file though.

The error is being caused because of outdated version of php running on the page, so everyone using 5.3 and up will get it.

Finally fixed this little bugger. Ha.

(08-03-2012, 05:11 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah. The new chat log-in works just fine. There's just a bit of a bug where it logs you out after a while and if you try to log-in again, that error message i pointed out a few messages ago pops up again.

Fox, you used the HTML-based login right? I haven't encountered it logging out on me yet..

(07-27-2012, 01:40 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the weird "Deprecated" lines showing up at the top of the main page, the "Mark all forums as read" button seems to be broken too.

Oh and this, I think this has something to do with the caching problems we've been having. Try doing a hard refresh (F5) on the page, see if that works.
Yeah, i did. I guess it was a one-time anomaly, since it's hasn't occured again. I'll post if ever it pops up again. Oh yeah, and the "Deprecated" line no longer appears at the top of the page. The font sizes for the subforum titles have also returned to normal. Thanks for the repairs, bossman. Salute
Something's wrong with the forums. It's takes two minutes to get from one page to another. And I know it's just the forums because I can get to other websites faster than this. WTF help!!!!
It seems OK now, from my end. Let me know if the sluggishness still persists.
So wtf was all that yesterday?
If you see/experience any trouble spots, let me know here so I can take a look at it. I'll be working on the site still, don't worry.
Is it possible to get rid of nested quotes? I mean automatically quote the latest in a post that already quoted something in it?
It sometimes make pages too long. since parang tamad masyado magbura ng quotes kahit yung pinakahuli lang yung gusto nila,

Can somebody change Airrider's topic: Armored Core Fanalogues' poster to him. I accidentally deleted the first post [basically the whole topic] but managed to have a back up and put it up again.
(10-15-2012, 02:36 PM)Serene Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to get rid of nested quotes? I mean automatically quote the latest in a post that already quoted something in it?
It sometimes make pages too long. since parang tamad masyado magbura ng quotes kahit yung pinakahuli lang yung gusto nila,

You'll have to manually edit the nested quotes out when you reply to a post, there's currently no way to do this automatically. Or just reply without quoting at all to make it easier.
Yeah. But it isn't for me. Masipag ako magbura ng quoted na quotes eh. Ok, it's partly for me.
A few bots have been slipping through the net since the start of the year. Their profiles seem normal enough but upon looking at their SEN, Xbox and Wii codes and accounts, you can see bits of code written there.

I've banned around a half dozen of them or so already. Just caught a couple earlier today too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30