The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: PACT VI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
thanks everyone for the great day personally wished it was longer but oh well XD

anyways god that was great and never will I eat to much before a match again dueling in ac is fucking hard with a full stomach.

special mention to grimweld for the great blading moments of this tourney

Salute
Making this post just to get a few things out of the way before I go to bed.

Thanks to our generous benefactors: Sforza, Jin, Maitreya, and of course Grim. And AEA1 too for feeding us all the time. Thank you so much. And thank you to everyone who attended and participated and cooperated. This was one of the best, most organized, most fun RR events ever.

Special shoutout to Jobet's AVR. It died to save the PS2s and TVs! Mura lang naman ata ang fuse. Tongue

Here's how the brackets went:
[Image: pact6bracketsc.png]

Wanted to get this posted before I lost the papers.

The whole tournament took just about a little over 5 hours to complete, as planned. Big grin

edit: As usual, special thanks to tournamentdesign.org for this great tournament design. And thanks to Moonlight Raven for the correction.

I have pictures of the event as well as lots of tournament replays (mostly of my matches though Tongue) that I'll be uploading bit by bit soon enough.

I'll be starting up the PACT VI ACs thread soon enough too, unless someone else initiates.

And by the way, this doesn't have to be our last LR tournament. As long as lots of us still want to play, we can still keep going.

Mabuhay, RR!
Thanks everyone! And yeah; that wtfbladefromnowhere hit Raffy and Rick hard. I also have my own stories of getting my ass handed. It's a bit surprising that I still ended up in the 4th place though, considering the amount of loses I had, iirc. LOL

Oh, and we pretty much looked like something from a gaijin yonkoma strip at that time. LOL
A great big thank you to Mark and NiX for pushing through and making this happen. You guys rock!
Special thanks to all those who contributed for the food, the venue, the prize money, and brought their PS2s and AVRs.
And of course, thanks to everyone who attended \o/
This has been the most fun event I've attended to date. Very entertaining/interesting and intense matches XD

(02-12-2012, 02:49 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Making this post just to get a few things out of the way before I go to bed.

Thanks to our generous benefactors: Sforza, Jin, Maitreya, and of course Grim. Thank you so much. And thank you to everyone who attended and participated and cooperated. This was one of the best, most organized, most fun RR events ever.

Here's how the brackets went:
[Image: pact6brackets-1.png]

Wanted to get this posted before I lost the papers.

Oh and do any of you remember if NiX vs Moonlight Raven was 2-0 or 2-1? Alvin? Can't remember. >_<

The whole tournament took just about a little over 5 hours to complete, as planned. Big grin

edit: As usual, special thanks to tournamentdesign.org for this great tournament design.

I have pictures of the event as well as lots of tournament replays (mostly of my matches though Tongue) that I'll be uploading bit by bit soon enough.

I'll be starting up the PACT VI ACs thread soon enough too, unless someone else initiates.

And by the way, this doesn't have to be our last LR tournament. As long as lots of us still want to play, we can still keep going.

Mabuhay, RR!

sir NiX, it was 2-0 Chair you TOASTED me alive twice during the tourney, then Rick ROASTED me also twice...hehehe Jason but i'm still very happy i pulled off the dual KRSW pretty good Domo , i just have to tweak the AC.

(shet, bitin ako talaga sa mga matches Ninja wished i had more time with you guys)

=^.^=
Hahaha hey Alvin, nice to see you online again. Kamusta seminar mo? LOL Di ka naman napagalitan? LOL
well, thank God my wife didn't got mad at all LOL (mejo nilambing ko muna siya)...

i'm on duty now (fucking 12 hours Glare ) hehehe... using the station's PC.

nice to here that the PACT IV will not be the last PACT Woot

btw...congratz 'tol (hindi pala kita na-congratz bago me umalis...sorry) Clapping u're so good with your quad.

=^.^=
Objective reached, brothers!

Most fun and intense tournament i've ever attended ever since the forums were founded almost six years ago. The pre-semis, semi-finals and finals had so many especially heart-stopping matches that we feared some of us may have had to check into a hospital later to get our heart rates and blood pressures checked.

Props to NiX and AA for pushing hard for everything to happen and for unleashing four rounds of collective AC-whupping on me.

A toast to Zero Kanipan, Moonlight Raven, Shintetsu, Atdsutm and Lord Leperman for all those very good matches. I hope to fight you guys again sometime soon.

Another round of cheers to AEA1, NiX, Serene and Lord Leperman for the multiple sparring sessions in the couple of weeks leading up to the tournament. All the comments, input, suggestions and tips were taken to heart and put to good use.

Also, a tip of the hat to Grim, Maitreya, Jin and Sforza, who, even without playing in the tournament proper, pledged their financial support for the cause. I hope that you guys get to join when another one gets planned in the foreseeable future.

Lastly, i raise my glass to each and everyone who attended yesterday. Yes, the organizers may have worked hard to bring everything together but if it wasn't for your participation, it would have all been for naught. You guys all rock! NiX is right, as long as we have people willing to play the game, Last Raven will never die!

For the Republic!
It won't be the last? Awesome. Big grin Here's hoping for another one.

Thanks, comrades. It was a blast hanging with everyone again after a year. ^^

I'd post thank-yous to specific people, but I don't have much time left as I'm going home in a bit. Again, thank you all. Big grinDDDDDD
[homo]
Haven't yet congratulated Arch Angel for a HELL of a performance in this tournament. I'm really happy that your dedication, hard work, and undying enthusiasm for the game totally paid off. And in a way, I'm kinda proud too cuz you never got tired of me talking AC theory, and you never lost heart whenever we practiced -- you took them as learning opportunities. The only other time RR's seen such a gigantic leap in playing skill was when Sforza jumped from absolute zero to PACT-worthiness in PACT 2.1. Tongue
[/homo]
Big grin
Mix! If you have some free time with you, come with us next time!

Also, reading NiX's post, they seem to have a father-and-son relationship now.
LOL. Thanks Nix!
PACT 6 Replays Preview:

I'll be uploading around a match a night over the course of this week.

Won't be changing the music anymore cuz there's too many other vids to upload, but I managed to increase the video quality! Dumbass me overlooked some capture settings.

It's too bad we couldn't get replays of every single match.
[sarcasm]
all hail the indestructible pillar
[/sarcasm]

...joke Chair
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20