The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: PACT VI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
I go with the first option as well. Assuming I'm still going... I'll keep Mark/Nix/Rick/Jake updated on the details.
Ok here's the latest list of participants (in order of slot priority):

1. Mark
2. Andrew
3. Nix
4. Raffy
5. Bert
6. Panda
7. Jobet
8. Grimweld
9. Rick
10. Fox
11. Ely
12. Ardjin
13. Shin (alternate?)
14. Adrian (likely)
15. Alvin (likely)
16.1. Mix (unsure)
16.2. Tim (unsure)
16.3. Santino

Note that we can only accommodate a maximum of 16 participants. Any more than that and the tournament will take too long to complete within the day. As long as we get between 12-16 participants, we'll be good.

Brackets:
16 participants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...ld3aDhKaWc
14 participants: http://tournamentdesign.org/czap2e14pv1.xls
12 participants: http://tournamentdesign.org/czap2e12pv1.xls

Rules:
http://ravenrepublic.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=274
Nice. To all participants, please TRY to come early, and have your respective units at least almost completed once you arrive. Also, don't forget the 200 php fee. Thank you.
(02-02-2012, 08:46 AM)arch_angel Wrote: [ -> ]please TRY to come early

Dream on, man. Remember which country we live in? LOL
Participants SHOULD come early. The tournament should start by 11:30.

If we get 16 participants, that's ~31 matches (or less) x ~3 rounds each x ~6 minutes each = 558 minutes or 9.3 hours. The math is a bit off since there'll be matches that end in 2 rounds and take less than 5 minutes. But I'm already accounting for delays and loading times, etc. It's just to give an idea of how long this could take.

We might have to do some of the matches in parallel on splitscreen on the 3rd PS2 to save time.

We should put up some penalty, like a P100.00 fine or something.
just confirming that i'll be going. absent na kung absent sa trabaho mwahahahhaa

btw, just verifying, but only the base rules on the PACT Regulations will be in effect right? PACT III and IV additional rules can be disregarded?
How bout lunch, then? Big grin

I might be able to beg off morning duty as well.. I suddenly don't have afternoon class the Tuesday immediately after PACT 6, so I can make up then ^^
(02-02-2012, 07:41 PM)zero_kanipan Wrote: [ -> ]btw, just verifying, but only the base rules on the PACT Regulations will be in effect right? PACT III and IV additional rules can be disregarded?

Yes, disregard the additional rules.

(02-02-2012, 08:33 PM)Evil Panda Wrote: [ -> ]How bout lunch, then? Big grin

I might be able to beg off morning duty as well.. I suddenly don't have afternoon class the Tuesday immediately after PACT 6, so I can make up then ^^

Please arrive by 12 noon.

Since it's looking like we'll have more than 16 potential participants, we might have to give up slots of latecomers.

(02-02-2012, 08:42 PM)JiN Wrote: [ -> ]1 AC for 1 Person?

Yes.
Shin DID mention that if we lacked participants, he will join. BUT if there are enough, he will give up his slot.

Confirmed participants:

Nix
Leperman
Atdsutm
Arch Angel
Fox
Serene
Grimweld
Jin
Goat
Panda
Zero
Clonezero
AEA1
Moonlight Raven
Shin
Beastkiller

These are the sure people. That's 16. Just waiting on Mix and Tim.
Wow, that's a lot of participants! Good luck guys. Hope your event does well Big grin

...What time does it start?

(02-02-2012, 11:14 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that's a lot of participants! Good luck guys. Hope your event does well Big grin

11:30am
(02-02-2012, 11:30 PM)arch_angel Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2012, 11:14 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that's a lot of participants! Good luck guys. Hope your event does well Big grin

11:30am

The matches start at 11:30am but if allowed, some of us will be there as early as 10am. There will be planning to do and quite a bit of equipment that we need to set up first.
By the way, we have a few roles to fill. We'll all do a little of each, of course. But we need people to take the lead with certain things.

Treasurer(s) - nag everyone for their fee. Split it up for food and tourney pot. Hold on to the money and don't lose/squander it. P200 for players. P150 for spectators.

Food guy(s) - will take care of ordering food (buddy's spaghetti/pansit bilao 2x), drinks, plastic cups, paper plates, etc. Will coordinate with treasurer for the funding.

Referee(s) - keep track of match progress according to the brackets i've already prepared. I'll print it out. nag the fuck out of whoever's next in line to play. We have a tight schedule to keep. Make sure ACs comply to the rules and no one makes any ninja edits. Save replays after matches.

Equipment guy(s) - will ensure tvs/ps2s are in order. We need 4 TVs, 4 PS2s, 2 firewires/link cables. keep track of who owns what. Maybe have masking tape and pentel pens for marking stuff. coordinates bringing of AVRs/extension cords/adapters. Make sure we don't blow up Sforza's power grid.

Janitors - makes sure that RR isn't slobbier than we usually are. nags people to clean up after themselves. makes sure we don't break shit. makes sure we put things back in place after we're done.

These guys need to prepare stuff even before the event itself. Volunteers?

edit: lol, should I write an org chart for this?
I can be either a Treasurer or Janitor. (or both if I have to concede my slot for someone else) Smile
sali.... sali....

bagong itak

eye3
cronus
a72
cougar2
lotus
gull
ananda
monju

satyros
mv2