The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Last Movie You Watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Just saw The Karate Kid. Not a bad movie. It's cheesy in all the places you'd expect, and it's a bit slow-paced at times, but I liked the physicality showed in it.

I heard Jaden Smith did all his stunts on his own: they had a stuntie ready for him, but apparently his dad wanted him to go do all of them himself. I also hear he's still studying kung fu up to now. Batak na bata.

Finally, I loved the ending credits for the behind the scenes photos they showed. It added a lot of character to the film, even though it strictly wasn't part of the story.
I just LOLed at Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein. Didn't finish it tho... too much blood and wtf effects/graphics.

Oh, and Yukie... nevermind. LOL
(06-22-2010, 01:11 AM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-22-2010, 12:30 AM)azuriel07 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2010, 03:25 PM)Sforza Wrote: [ -> ]Last movie Rick, Trace, Mark, Andrew and I -tried- to watch:

Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl

The first 30 minutes alone will melt your brain Tongue
(Hint: It's a Japanese gore B-movie)

Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl. Got it.

Is that the real title? It... uhh... sounds funny. XD

Yes it is!

While you're at it, get Funky Forest and Tokyo Gore Police.

... Good luck surviving all three Tongue

For the love of all that is good, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Tokyo Gore Police is good, but Funky Forest is 3 hours of "What the hell is this shit?!" The only interesting part was the dance competition between the man and the animated helli-booby dancer (if you know what the hell that is). Otherwise, it was just, what the hell?!

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as Resiklo or Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unthinkable

Have you watched Law Abiding Citizen?

Consider this its older brother.

... damn ... question your morality much ><.
Watched Toy Story 3 yesterday. I'm happy to say two very measured tears fell during the ending.

Now onto completing the backlog: Prince of Persia and Robin Hood.
Prince of Persia was good.

Watched Eclipse last week. It was bad as usual.
I watched Ashita no watashi no tsukurikata (How to Become Myself)

Quote:Based on a novel by 30-year-old Kaori Mado, How To Become Myself, tells the tale of two girls faced with that typical adolescent choice, fit in or be cast out. Juri portrays the role of the ideal daughter at home and in school, but all she really wants is for her parents to stop fighting. Deep down, she admires her popular primary school classmate Kanako. However, Kanako suddenly becomes the class outcast. Years later in high school and still craving popularity, Kanako begins receiving mysterious emails about a popular girl named Hina. Inspired, she adopts this fake persona. But what happens when the emails stop? At first glance, this seems like another seishun eiga or youth drama. But Jun Ichikawa transcends the clichés associated with this popular film genre and focuses on how two girls struggle to define their individual identities in modern Japanese society.

In summary, it's a great film. It deals with the intricacies of the Japanese concept of Honne and Tatemae in the social setting of the two protagonists. You really end up caring the characters as the movie goes on, and would probably wish happy endings for them Smile If I had anything to criticize it with, it would be that the cinematography was "too japanese". Lots of school settings, waiting in train stations, walking to school, landscape shots near rivers and such. It was probably to impart that the story could have happened in just any Japanese town.

I also watched "Veronika Decides to Die", starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think it's an movie with a rather big budget. Loved the book (by Coelho), and the movie is faithful to it despite changing the location to New York. It's definitely worth a watched, especially if you're a depressed person Tongue
Are you depressed?
Will watch Predators this coming wednesday!.
I am originally a fan of the first movie!
(07-05-2010, 11:05 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Are you depressed?

Nope! Not at all! LOL

But I think the Coelho book was specifically written for those who may be.
Knight and Day.

Trailer makes it look interesting but....

Not one of Tom's best roles. lol.
Re watching "Taken"

dont mess with Batman's coach XD
Hurt locker = overrated
I voted for obama because he's black.
I voted for hilary because she's a woman.
Forgot to post. =_=

Watched Sorcerer's Apprentice last week.
Sorcerers can use Hadouken/kame-hame-ha.. and shit like that. =_=
Clash of the Titans
First and probably the only movie that I'll get to watch this whole summer. The name of the movie itself is misleading... go figure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19