The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Last Movie You Watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I just watched 'The great escape'. I watch it a lot, at least once a week it is my all time favorite movie even if it is really old Steve Mcqueen was a total BAMF. So is James Garner and Charles Bronson and the pretty much all the actors in that movie.
Life of Pi.

Wow ... that was something alright. A very touching movie indeed.

I have to say that was a must watch movie.

And I have to ask for those that have watched it, which of the two storiea do you prefer?
Super sentai 35 year anniversary film-199 heroes!
The overnight bus trip back to Manila was worth every single peso. The in-trip movies consisted of, first, The Last Stand and, second, Life of Pi. Schwarzie's new movie was a bit predictable but still good while Pi was just beautiful. Piracy totally rocks! Woot

My eyes were hurting around an hour and a quarter into Pi though. >_<
(01-30-2013, 12:42 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Piracy totally rocks! Woot
Fuck yeah!LOL
Just finished Makoto Shinkai's Children Who Chase Lost Voices (Hoshi o Ou Kodomo). I can't believe that i missed this one when it came out in 2011. I'm only slightly disappointed that this one departs from the real world setting of 5cm Per Second and trades that in for a fantasy backdrop. Everything's still good. The fact that Tenmon is also on board again for the soundtrack is the icing on the cake.

And of course, typical of all of Shinkai's films is the lushly detailed and beautiful backgrounds.

[Image: ChildrenWhoChaseLostVoices2011BRRiPXViDA...203655.jpg]
Dodge roll + backstab from the old man(chingachgook).
By a hilarious coincidence, the last two movies I watched back-to-back were Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever and 2001 Maniacs. Hilarious because Eli Roth's character from the first Cabin Fever film, Justin, makes a cameo in 2001 Maniacs. Didn't even see it coming.
Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children). It's directed by Mamoru Hosoda and the characters are designed by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the two guys who previously made The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Woot

The movie follows a young woman named Hana who falls in love with her mysterious college classmate who is actually a wolf man. The couple produce two children who also possess their father's lineage; the big sister Yuki, who was born on a snowy day, and the little brother, Ame, who was born on a rainy day.

The wolf man suddenly dies one day, leaving Hana to raise the two wolf children herself and struggle to keep their secret. But when the family is threatened by eviction, child services, and neighbors annoyed by Ame's constant crying, Hana decides to move out to the secluded country side where her kids can roam free. As the two wolf kids grow up, they will have to make a choice: whether to live as a human or a wolf. And Hana too, she must make a decision soon.

How will she watch over her two wolf children as they make their own choices?

The two kids (plus the mom) in their normal forms.
[Image: OokamiKodomonoAmetoYukimkv_snapshot_0023...7_2012.jpg]

The two kids in their wolf-pup forms.
[Image: OokamiKodomonoAmetoYukimkv_snapshot_0023...7_2014.jpg]
since it's summer i rewatched Summer Wars XD
This was really, really nice. Thank you for this post Smile
(04-07-2013, 07:47 PM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]Ōkami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Wolf Children). It's directed by Mamoru Hosoda and the characters are designed by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the two guys who previously made The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars. Woot

The movie follows a young woman named Hana who falls in love with her mysterious college classmate who is actually a wolf man. The couple produce two children who also possess their father's lineage; the big sister Yuki, who was born on a snowy day, and the little brother, Ame, who was born on a rainy day.

The wolf man suddenly dies one day, leaving Hana to raise the two wolf children herself and struggle to keep their secret. But when the family is threatened by eviction, child services, and neighbors annoyed by Ame's constant crying, Hana decides to move out to the secluded country side where her kids can roam free. As the two wolf kids grow up, they will have to make a choice: whether to live as a human or a wolf. And Hana too, she must make a decision soon.

How will she watch over her two wolf children as they make their own choices?

The two kids (plus the mom) in their normal forms.
[Image: OokamiKodomonoAmetoYukimkv_snapshot_0023...7_2012.jpg]

The two kids in their wolf-pup forms.
[Image: OokamiKodomonoAmetoYukimkv_snapshot_0023...7_2014.jpg]
El Presidente
-ang puputi ng uniporme. May Perla na ba noon?
-matix slo mo action
-pamangkin ni erap yung bida(there are 5 ejercitos in the movie according to wikipedo). Di tinatablan ng bala. My telekinesis pa.
-pekeng mga balbas/ bigote. MGA NAKA WIG.
-bad pacing. parang montage yung buong pelikula
-That Slapshock soundtrack. Baduy
-tipid sa special epeks! Putang INA WALANG RECOIL WALANG DUGO
-nora aunor. that wedding scene was Vomit I was only able to appreciate montano's pikon moment during that rigged valot counting scene. Bad casting overall, especially those Filipinos playing Caucasian roles.
-
wikipedo Wrote:The movie garnered mostly positive reviews from critics. The Philippines' Cinema Evaluation Board graded the film an A, and it has been endorsed by the government's Department of Education, the Commission on Higher Education, and the Film Development Council of the Philippines

-Historically accurate? Maybe yung mga patayan sa pulitika usong uso na noon.
Oblivion

Predictable, a bit drawn out, simply put a movie that's mediocre at best. It was the mystery of what really was going on that kept me interested most of the times.

And I hated Sally's voice the moment I heard it. Thankfully Morgan Freeman is there to balance it out.

Jack's last words was admittedly badass.

The Victoria clones seriously got the short end of the stick overall.
Wreck-it Ralph ^_______^

*hums sugar rush over and over again*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19