The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: Last Movie You Watched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Just watched Leon: The Professional.

Not exactly what I was expecting. And it makes me question myself whether I should go to jail for having watched it.
Just watched District 9. I think it's good, it's an alternative approach to similar-themed movies, sci-fi and aliens etc. Must watch!

Then I watched Unbreakable next. I also think it's good (similar to above), this time about the correlation between heroes and villains. Starts off slow, but it was worth it. Big grin

District 9 was interesting. It had that racism allegory going on.
Went through all three extended versions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy a few days before New Year last week. All in the course of one day. With each installment getting at least thirty minutes of additional footage, it took me from eight in the morning until before seven in the evening to finish all three, almost as long as the six-film/two-miniseries Star Wars marathon i did around six years ago.

Then rewatched Lord of War last night. Kinda reminds me of Xenogears, in that it changes it's pacing after the first half. While you get straight-out dark comedy in the first half as Yuri learns the ropes of the business, the second half shifts to slower-paced drama as he struggles to deal with the effect that his gunrunning has on his family, his colleagues and the world at large.

Will try to get around to finally watching the Hellboy sequel later today.

Just rewatched The Princess Bride. Big grin Watched it several times as a kid but I didn't know the title. It really does live up to they hype and childhood nostalgia. Smile
I've watched a couple recently at the theater:

Mission Impossible 4: overrated, overhyped, but soild.
Warhorse: brilliant
Sherlock Holmes: average
Immortals: garbage

The latest movies I've seen on my own:

Planet of the Apes: average
Captain America: average
The departed: as good as it gets

Uh, that's all I can remember for the last couple months.

Princess Bride? That's another one of those 'it's as good as it gets' movies.
(01-07-2012, 11:18 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]

Just rewatched The Princess Bride. Big grin Watched it several times as a kid but I didn't know the title. It really does live up to they hype and childhood nostalgia. Smile

Man, I love that movie.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I hope I got that line right. XD
(01-07-2012, 03:16 PM)Trace-02 Wrote: [ -> ]Man, I love that movie.

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I hope I got that line right. XD

Yep, almost accurate. He does says "hello" at the start of the line first. LOL

[Image: preparetodie.jpg]

What's awesome is that he repeats the line multiple times during their duel, getting louder each time. Rugen gets so pissed that he demands Inigo to stop saying the line. LOL
(01-07-2012, 01:58 PM)your mom Wrote: [ -> ]Mission Impossible 4: overrated, overhyped, but soild.

Watched it a few weeks ago without any expectations. I thought it was a really good for what it was. The part where he was scaling the skyscraper was done really well.
(01-07-2012, 11:18 AM)NiX Wrote: [ -> ]Just rewatched The Princess Bride. Big grin Watched it several times as a kid but I didn't know the title. It really does live up to they hype and childhood nostalgia. Smile

Looks quite fun! I'm going to get this from the usual sources later.
Just rewatched the Muppet Movie.

Super epic opening song. But the rest of the movie kinda bored me. Does that mean I'm getting old? Sad

Watched Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time. Can't help but appreciate the painstaking stop-motion animation and art direction. The songs were really good to, even considering that I'm not a big fan of musicals. Movie length was just right to, as I don't think it'd have kept my attention if it went on for even just a few more minutes.

imo this was a little disappointing storywise. it went for a hayao miyazaki-like story but unfortunately it was not able to pull it off completely. it started quite well, and even half-way through the story still had momentum, but near the end it just lost it. either shinkai forcibly tried to put elements of his usual story style in at that point or they simply ran out of time. other than that, it was pretty good.
Just watched Moneyball. I'm not a big baseball fan (or sports fan, for that matter), but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Brad Pitt's always a pleasure to watch.

edit: Watched Shaun of the Dead the other day. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The dry British humor totally flew over my head. Sad
Just watched "Chronicle" in the cinema.

Blair Witch found footage + Superpowers + Teen angst

Cute experiment with cinematography and story telling, but the story (if any) was utterly flat.
watched Push at the office last saturday. throughout the movie i was expecting Chis Evans to pull out a shield and throw it hahahaha
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19