The Raven Republic Forums

Full Version: What the hell are you working on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see one too, on the upper part of the shield. Tongue

The sticker borders seem pretty flush with the kit's surface. Did you use any mark softener on those?
(02-22-2013, 10:29 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I see one too, on the upper part of the shield. Tongue

The sticker borders seem pretty flush with the kit's surface. Did you use any mark softener on those?

Nah it's the result of not doing the coating on the last phase. Facepalm
(02-22-2013, 12:36 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2013, 10:29 AM)Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I see one too, on the upper part of the shield. Tongue

Nah it's the result of not doing the coating on the last phase. Facepalm

Still looks good to me. Got any other pics of the GM Custom?
HG 1/144 Blitz Gundam R03.
(02-19-2013, 07:46 PM)Goat Wrote: [ -> ]Almost done with the RGM-79N, then I guess I can just try to do the Jesta's gun later. After which I still need to assemble about 3-4 more kits. >_<

[Image: IMG_7698.jpg]

Edit: Doh! I forgot to ink/add details on one of the shield's circle thingy idk what's it called. I need to fix the sticker in its crotch area too. Just a few more and I think I can try to make my pen lines more consistent as well. LOL

That Federation MS is beautiful. It is refreshing to see a hobbyist putting actual effort into making plastic models look good and not just the snap-building that lazy-ass collectors do.

Kids nowadays putting plastic models together and calling that actual work is just a load of bull.
Right now, the GM Custom is the only MS for me that's no good if not an MG. Too bad it's really rare now.
Serene, I would like to digress. Vinnie, my best bud since middle school has been collecting High Grade and Master Grade plastic models since we were younger. I do not really have that much myself (just a handful of older MGs now boxed up in the attic) but I do help him build his kits from time to time. I do remember helping him put together a GM Ground Type and a GM Custom. The Ground Type was a beautiful kit and so was the Custom. I also remember him griping about the Custom's issues with the knees and lower legs that made it top-heavy and prone to falling over. Vinnie bought the 1/144 version of the Custom last year and told me that it was simpler and superior to it's older iteration.
(02-25-2013, 12:26 PM)Skreija Wrote: [ -> ]Serene, I would like to digress.

I know difference and issues between the HG and MG GM Custom. It only happened that I only have a 'thing' for that specific model. I don't know why myself.

I'd love to have an MG and HG of it if I could.
My apologies for bluntly saying this, but we seem to have a failure in communication here. I'm not sure if it's a language barrier or there is just something being lost in translation but I do not exactly understand what you're trying to say. You have a thing for the GM Custom and you do not know why but it's no good to you if it is in HG form but you would like to have both the HG and the MG if you could?

Pardon me but that's pretty convoluted.
Oh, don't mind me, people. I'm just here for the show. Tongue
(02-25-2013, 12:54 PM)Skreija Wrote: [ -> ]My apologies for bluntly saying this, but we seem to have a failure in communication here. I'm not sure if it's a language barrier or there is just something being lost in translation but I do not exactly understand what you're trying to say. You have a thing for the GM Custom and you do not know why but it's no good to you if it is in HG form but you would like to have both the HG and the MG if you could?

Pardon me but that's pretty convoluted.

No apologies needed. I found that what I said confused me too.

I think it's some sort of attachment to the MG version since it was released years before the HG version, which was in 2011. The first I saw one was at a mall back in 2008. Never saw it again.

What I liked about it is the overall look. So in a way, as an MG or HG, wouldn't matter.
The MG sucks, period. Vinnie sold it soon after he got the HG version. Save your money and buy the smaller one instead.
Trace-02 did say almost the exact same thing to me back in 2011 when i was thinking about whether to get either the MG or HGUC version of the RGM-079N. I bought the MG One Year War RX-78-2 instead along with the HGUC RGM-079N.

As far as i'm aware, there are still a few boxes of the MG version in certain hobby shops. Saw a couple at the Great Toys branches in Greenhills and Annapolis yesterday.
So some models are better as a HG than a MG. Yeah that sounds reasonable, besides I can't imagine how a 1/100 MG X Divider would turn out.
Nobody asked for your opinion.